M1 FIBRE BROADBAND DISCUSSION - Part 2

Arandalo

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing this ...

I was also unable to recontract online as I had terminated the SurfValue plan before fibre end date ... luckily saw your post earlier else I would have spent time trying to figure out why ...

I proceeded straight to M1 Shop to get it done (downgrade from 1g to 500M).

Was a little surprised that the new plan cut over was immediate .. thot it would start when existing plan ends.

I was given a new SIM card on the spot.

Home fixed line number remains the same.

Did you have to pay any fee to downgrade? If so how much was charged?

The new plan started immediately as it's considered as a recontract.

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
after downgrade to 500M plan, I have not noticed any service degradation

i m mostly using wireless devices (2 laptops, 2 mobile) ... Netflix, Surfing, Youtube etc

Speedtest results remain the same as 1Gbps plan ... DL & UL around 380 to 400 with laptops

2 year old ASUS AC1200+ router (M1 CSO say still got 1 year warranty)

everex

Reaction score
M1 to recontract.

Do I have to return old Asus router to get a new one? Or keep old one and get the new router as well?

Thanks. 😀

Aresden

Reaction score
M1 switch to SH.no need to return anything.

during early days of their new contract sign up, I rmb they say need to keep the box of the HG256 ONT etc. Based on users here I guess there is no such need anymore :o

everex

Reaction score
Router is yours to keep. If your renewal includes a router, you get another one

Thanks bro.

Managed to drop by late yesterday to M1 shop, the staff said have to return old router if I want to avail the new router on renewal. So, can only exchange or not claim new router. :(

everex

Reaction score
Also re-confirmed now with M1 customer service now, cannot keep the old router if availing the new router. New router given will be ASUS RT-AC2600.

everex

Reaction score
Looks like an upgrade to the AC1200+.

Am thinking is it worth all the hassle to disconnect old router, bring to M1 shop for exchange, and configure new router? Will there be noticeable performance difference with the new router?

Or just recontract and not bother with the router upgrade?

Thanks all.

RuMmYtUb

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I’m currently on M1 1 GBPS, having two Asus AC1200G+ routers in a 4 room BTO.

Using two wired connections and the rest Wifi.

Noticed WIFI speeds are not consistent in certain parts of the house. Should I consider google mesh?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.