[Maylyn - Networking] ASUS RT-AC88U

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
now I use back linksys ea8500

my ac88 very long 5 GHz non-existent, so I recently reset router. (before and after always say temporarily cannot check for update)

after reset, spoil, 2.4 GHz slow; 5 GHz also not there, given three options, replace with same model, ac86, or top up $130 and three year warranty starts with ax wi-fi 6 router. I took 86 and gave my neighbor; he will try get ax router

Sent from Samsung SM-G975F using GAGT

Redsunns

Reaction score
Just bought... My 5ghz also keep dropping. played MLBB halfway, sure kana reconnection to 2.4ghz. This router really sux! :(

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
now I don't know if my router spoil or m1 line spoil. replace with ea8500 then replace with new tp-link wi-fi 6 router, after call m1, ok

Medicated Oil

Honorary Member
Reaction score

deathblade82

Reaction score
I have four words for him:
Gong Xi Gong Xi.
I am having the issue only with the latest firmware update.
Hope they come up with a new one soon.

Did you try Merlin ? Was an ex-user. Very stable compared to stock FW. It is more focused on bug fixing than adding new features.

tokenbest

Reaction score
Just wanna share, recently my 2G has been very slow and switched over to 5G. Not sure if related but today my router auto reset and couldnt connect, had to set up again and now i am back online. Need to start finding new router liao, anyone got recommendations? :)

No trust in this expensive router liao sia

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just wanna share, recently my 2G has been very slow and switched over to 5G. Not sure if related but today my router auto reset and couldnt connect, had to set up again and now i am back online. Need to start finding new router liao, anyone got recommendations? :)

No trust in this expensive router liao sia
ax10 ax1500 wi-fi6 tp-link $99 last month

Amitabah

Reaction score
Sianzz.. my Asus ROG 2 phone less than 200mbps when using ac88u on 5ghz.. restart, change channel, everything set auto still slow... Any advices?

stanleyluilai

Reaction score
Asus RT-AC88U router has eight superfast Gigabit LAN ports, speedy Wi-Fi performance and lots of useful features. I like it!

stanleyluilai

Reaction score
Asus RT-AC88U router has eight superfast Gigabit LAN ports, speedy Wi-Fi performance and lots of useful features. I like it!

Noticed tho bro - The router's USB 3.0 port is awkwardly placed, and when coupled with an external hard drive, its NAS performance is just average. :(

Kegler

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This router sibei jialat... couldn’t save the nat setting....wifi and lan all failed after restart.... lan and wifi all cannot connect.... damn lousy .... the only thing works is the led....

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.