[OFFICIAL] Taiwan Guide and Taiwan related matters - Part 9

The_Red_X

Reaction score
i also having my trip in 2 weeks time :(

anyways scoot *should* probably will refund us the air ticks money if the flight were to cancel under unforeseen circumstances.

i tried call scoot hotline 20 mins still nobody attend to me.

YEa, same experience, nobody pick up..

I call them in Malaysia, 15 mins still busy.
Ask my sis in Sg to call them, after 45 mins still busy :eek:
Yea.. i put speakerphone and just let it ring itself while i do myu own stuff. 1 hr also nobody pick up. Lol

if im not wrong, scoot offers full refund for tickets to taiwan. check their website for latest.

https://www.flyscoot.com/en/announcements/update-on-coronavirus-pneumonia-situation

Ahh thanks. Currently only for customers affected by entry restrictions.

Therefore i guess only valid for most of us when Taiwan officially start a travel ban for all singapore flights. :(
Now if we cancel/postpone the trip ownselves due to safety/health concerns as well as concerns for being quarantined in taiwan upon landing will have to bear the whole cost without refunds i guess..

The_Red_X

Reaction score
Not there yet, my trip is next week. Just checking, just incase the new law kicks in when we are there.

Yea same. We still want to go for the taiwan trip, just getting prepared mentally in case the travel ban happens before or during our flight. If really super Suay, then will be like those unfortunate taiwanese stuck in philiphines now when the travel ban happens during their flight.

Last edited:

deathscthe

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any idea if there already they announce singaporeans ban or need quarantine will be affected not?

eleutheromania

Reaction score
If we were already in the country for a few days, and they decided to execute the 14 days LOA/home quarantine, does it apply to us? Or just those new entry?

I assume you meant in Taiwan for a few days already and Taiwan decided to execute the 14 days self quarantine. Execute the 14 days self quarantine to who? To the people living in Taiwan or to visitors visiting Taiwan? Kinda oxymoron to self quarantine visitors arriving in Taiwan as it will defeat whatever purpose they have to visit the country, isn't it? :s22: Might as well ban the visitors from entry (might as well put them on a turnaround flight to wherever they came from or deny them boarding in the first instance)?

MrSloggy

Banned
Reaction score
I assume you meant in Taiwan for a few days already and Taiwan decided to execute the 14 days self quarantine. Execute the 14 days self quarantine to who? To the people living in Taiwan or to visitors visiting Taiwan? Kinda oxymoron to self quarantine visitors arriving in Taiwan as it will defeat whatever purpose they have to visit the country, isn't it? :s22: Might as well ban the visitors from entry (might as well put them on a turnaround flight to wherever they came from or deny them boarding in the first instance)?

precisely. It's like going to the country just to self quarantine yourself and come back? lol
so lets say if you're in taiwan for few days and the started the 14 days quarantine, that only applicable for new entry not existing entry,

MrSloggy

Banned
Reaction score
Ahh thanks. Currently only for customers affected by entry restrictions.

Therefore i guess only valid for most of us when Taiwan officially start a travel ban for all singapore flights. :(
Now if we cancel/postpone the trip ownselves due to safety/health concerns as well as concerns for being quarantined in taiwan upon landing will have to bear the whole cost without refunds i guess..

if u cancel now you def won't be able to get any refunds.

best is to wait for them to impose travel ban on SG and the airline "most" probably will give refund base on the recent SG travel Ban on China flights.

botakbotak

Reaction score
I actually booked a surprise trip for my wife bday on the 27-29 feb. not sure if I have problem or not... but my parent is already there for about 3 days. So far nothing

ApeTruelove

Master Member
Reaction score
I actually booked a surprise trip for my wife bday on the 27-29 feb. not sure if I have problem or not... but my parent is already there for about 3 days. So far nothing

Taiwan most likely will ban SG just how soon nia. The next few days will be the start of sakura season. Better to do backup plan for now

Last edited:

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i always believe it's a matter of time

now our figure is 50 isn't it ?

My thinking when I was in Malaysia (just started my holiday trip), my parent call to ask me cancel trip. Malaysia got less cases than sg, so should I skip sg :s13:
Tw got less cases than sg, why not? But if can cancel or postpone, I will do that, for family concern.

eleutheromania

Reaction score
Taiwan most likely will ban SG just how soon nia. The next few days will be the start of sakura season. Better to do backup plan for now

Taiwan ban residents from China, HK and Macau cos of political reasons. Cos it's China! Taiwan will not ban the other countries cos they are not China!

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if sg goes into red alert, if not, taiwan will not ban singapore imo. they have not banned taiwanese from visiting sg yet. they asked their citizens to be vigilant when visiting sg though, not ban.

beta_sheet

Reaction score
I booked a non-refundable flight ticket with SIA back in December. Supposed to be going to Taiwan on March, but my parents no longer interested with the whole coronavirus situation. I already cancelled all my hotel bookings, and since nothing has been deducted yet, I don't need to bother about refunds.

But my flight, that's the tricky part. I already purchased a travel insurance early Jan, and they said I can only claim for my flight if there is a travel advisory from MFA. Any one know if I can get SIA to refund since this is a unforeseen circumstances, or if I can reschedule the flight?

deathscthe

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if sg goes into red alert, if not, taiwan will not ban singapore imo. they have not banned taiwanese from visiting sg yet. they asked their citizens to be vigilant when visiting sg though, not ban.
Hk was at alert 2 when they got banned. Sg is also now at alert 2 while hk promoted to alert 3. Just see how many unknown clusters in sg before we also get banned nia

Sent from OnePlus HD1900 using GAGT

deathscthe

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I booked a non-refundable flight ticket with SIA back in December. Supposed to be going to Taiwan on March, but my parents no longer interested with the whole coronavirus situation. I already cancelled all my hotel bookings, and since nothing has been deducted yet, I don't need to bother about refunds.

But my flight, that's the tricky part. I already purchased a travel insurance early Jan, and they said I can only claim for my flight if there is a travel advisory from MFA. Any one know if I can get SIA to refund since this is a unforeseen circumstances, or if I can reschedule the flight?
Try calling SIA, my ticket they cancelled to open ticket use by Nov

Sent from OnePlus HD1900 using GAGT

ApeTruelove

Master Member
Reaction score
Taiwan ban residents from China, HK and Macau cos of political reasons. Cos it's China! Taiwan will not ban the other countries cos they are not China!

So are you saying that if somehow any country the condition got worse as long is not from China will not get ban?????

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

If your flight ticket is brought in promo price, good luck to you. I tried before just to change flight back date also cannot.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.