Asus Lyra Trio issues

LKY156

Reaction score
I have this ASUS AC-88 with Lyra Trio.

My office is the longish type, so I lined up the Lyra Trio in series (Lyra 01 nearest to router, Lyra 03 furthest), just like this picture below.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qkDhSfN29xmloOrO_aIwpgP2vv_9z59x/view?usp=drivesdk

However, frustratingly, Lyra 03 would sometimes try to connect to my AC-88 router directly (very weak signal), instead of via the nearest mesh with stronger signal (Lyra 02). This resulted in significantly slower connection speeds.

I have to frequently reboot Lyra 03, such that it would locate the strongest nearby mesh (Lyra 02) again.

1) can we enforce how the mesh is connected? Example
Lyra 01 to router
Lyra 02 to Lyra 01
Lyra 03 to Lyra 02

2) anyone else has this issue with the AI Mesh?

kashix

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have this ASUS AC-88 with Lyra Trio.

My office is the longish type, so I lined up the Lyra Trio in series (Lyra 01 nearest to router, Lyra 03 furthest), just like this picture below.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qkDhSfN29xmloOrO_aIwpgP2vv_9z59x/view?usp=drivesdk

However, frustratingly, Lyra 03 would sometimes try to connect to my AC-88 router directly (very weak signal), instead of via the nearest mesh with stronger signal (Lyra 02). This resulted in significantly slower connection speeds.

I have to frequently reboot Lyra 03, such that it would locate the strongest nearby mesh (Lyra 02) again.

1) can we enforce how the mesh is connected? Example
Lyra 01 to router
Lyra 02 to Lyra 01
Lyra 03 to Lyra 02

2) anyone else has this issue with the AI Mesh?

How can lyra 03 connect ac88 directly if its so far away? Doesn’t makes sense, should be out of range for Lyra 03.

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What is the Wi-Fi strength of ac88u at node 3 location with all the Lyra Trio nodes SWITCHED OFF ?

And have you tried updating the firmware of the Lyra Trio mesh system ?

Last edited:

LKY156

Reaction score
If Lyra 03 connects to Lyra 02, the Signal is -51dBm.

If Lyra 03 connects to Router directly, the Signal is -76dBm. 🤦🏻*♂️
=> and it happens several times a week!!

LKY156

Reaction score
Well, wish it would just connect to the strongest signal, instead of messing around with the weaker signal.

-76dBm (Lyra 03 to router) VS -51dBm (Lyra 03 to Lyra 02) is a huge difference in signal strength - its a logarithmic scale!

andrew186

Reaction score
Having major issues with my Lyra too

Given up and dumped it in the bottom of a drawer

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.