bathroom taps mixer question

angy

Reaction score
Say I buy a bathroom mixer tap, that comes with hot and cold outlet. if I only want to use the cold water supply as I have no hot water storage tank, what connector do I need to have, such that, when I turn to the hot side of the tap, cold water will still come out.

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Buy a T joint just before cold water tap outlet and connect to hot water?

angy

Reaction score
Buy a T joint just before cold water tap outlet and connect to hot water?

thanks so much for the reply.

I see what a T joint is now. I think I better stick on to a single cold tap. Is there such a t joint as a 3/8 and 3/8 on both side of the T and a 1/2 at the bottom of the T. Since most of the European taps are 3/8 for both the hot and cold outlet?

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks so much for the reply.

I see what a T joint is now. I think I better stick on to a single cold tap. Is there such a t joint as a 3/8 and 3/8 on both side of the T and a 1/2 at the bottom of the T. Since most of the European taps are 3/8 for both the hot and cold outlet?

Usually all 3 holes are of same size, easier to manufacture. Might be possible to find 1 hole bigger than other 2 but u need search very hard or custom make it. If not buy a 3/8 to 1/2 adaptor.

angy

Reaction score
Usually all 3 holes are of same size, easier to manufacture. Might be possible to find 1 hole bigger than other 2 but u need search very hard or custom make it. If not buy a 3/8 to 1/2 adaptor.

thank you for your reply

I know it is easy to call the plumber and said fix it and pay them for their service. But sometimes it is nice to learn something new. Much appreciate your reply.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.