M1 FIBRE BROADBAND DISCUSSION - Part 2

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I’m currently on M1 1 GBPS, having two Asus AC1200G+ routers in a 4 room BTO.

Using two wired connections and the rest Wifi.

Noticed WIFI speeds are not consistent in certain parts of the house. Should I consider google mesh?

mesh is e easiest way to fix coverage issues

eauyong

Reaction score
Am thinking is it worth all the hassle to disconnect old router, bring to M1 shop for exchange, and configure new router? Will there be noticeable performance difference with the new router?

Or just recontract and not bother with the router upgrade?

Thanks all.

There will be for the wifi users not the wired I suppose.

kerwen

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi, considering to sign up m1 500mbps, appreciate some feedback from users
- does it come with mobile sim & router?
- youtube \ hd streaming is lag free? (assuming only 1~2 user)

thanks

giraffey

Reaction score

thanks

Yes, it comes with a mobile sim.
The router is an optional addon unless there is a promo plan. You can buy on carousell (it is cheaper)
500mbps is more than enough for video streaming.

badsector

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

thanks

here's mine for ur ref

photo-2020-02-09-10-02-31.jpg

Whizdom

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Advisable to sign up now or still wait for pc show which gonna reschedule.

Sent from Samsung SM-N975F using GAGT

slang

Master Member
Reaction score
Does anyone here has problem with cordless phone ringtone when connected to M1 modem?
I bought a panasonic phone but when i received incoming calls, i cant seems to get any ringtone on my phone.

I confirmed the cordless phone is not the problem as i have tried plug in direct to singtel analogue landline. It rings when someone calls in.

I have tried in 2 different home using m1 broadband. Both also cant have ringtone on the cordless phone. 😥😥

nomoreliaola

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys - currently on 500mpbs for at least 3 years already - time to renew next month .. is this still the cheapest provider in the market? the offer they providing is the standard one 29.90/mth with the useless home phone + mbb.

my default is if theres no disruptor in this price range, i will stick with M1.

nomoreliaola

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
currently on M1 500mpbs - tried to test this now on wifi and got this result - i guess it means it's poor ? or did i overlook anything? how to improve it? my current router is the standard router provided by m1 few years ago - the upright standing, base unstable, mesh kind.

M1.png

fluid_motion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys - currently on 500mpbs for at least 3 years already - time to renew next month .. is this still the cheapest provider in the market? the offer they providing is the standard one 29.90/mth with the useless home phone + mbb.

You can go slower for slightly cheaper. 300mbps @$26.90/mth (24 months)

https://www.whizcomms.com.sg/300mbps-broadband/

Aresden

Reaction score

how is the home line useless? if i were(is) u i'll stick with M1, stable.

Hafi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does anyone here has problem with cordless phone ringtone when connected to M1 modem?
I bought a panasonic phone but when i received incoming calls, i cant seems to get any ringtone on my phone.

I confirmed the cordless phone is not the problem as i have tried plug in direct to singtel analogue landline. It rings when someone calls in.

I have tried in 2 different home using m1 broadband. Both also cant have ringtone on the cordless phone. 😥😥

I am also using Panasonic (2-Line) cordless but the number tagged to M1 fixed line is forwarded to my SingTel number on the same phone so I didn't encounter the issue you face. No issue calling out though.

kerwen

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if i switch from other ISP to M1, do i need to terminate the existing ISP contract myself or M1 will inform the ISP?

Thanks

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if i switch from other ISP to M1, do i need to terminate the existing ISP contract myself or M1 will inform the ISP?

Thanks

you will have to inform your current ISP. But please do not terminate before you sign up with M1. Only call in to terminate after you got the M1 signals up and running. this is to avoid disruption to your network

kerwen

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you will have to inform your current ISP. But please do not terminate before you sign up with M1. Only call in to terminate after you got the M1 signals up and running. this is to avoid disruption to your network

ok thanks
10 char

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
currently on M1 500mpbs - tried to test this now on wifi and got this result - i guess it means it's poor ? or did i overlook anything? how to improve it? my current router is the standard router provided by m1 few years ago - the upright standing, base unstable, mesh kind.

M1.png

it’s yr wifi if u can get e advertised speed with a direct wired connection to e ONT.

badsector

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hope to learn as I implementing something like this.

Can u share your hypervisor setup for this ?

How do u apply for static IP from M1 and do u use a ONT or ONR ?

using the free ESXi. no setup files.
static ip apply from m1. using ONT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.