Samsung Galaxy S20: News and Discussions

Aikon

Reaction score
I think I read / watched from somewhere that the optical zoom of the periscope lense on the S20 Ultra is only 4x (I might be wrong) ,vs the 5x on the P30. Maybe that's why it's worse at 10x hybrid.

As for the regular S20, apparently their 3x zoom is not truly optical, but digitally cropping into the 64mp sensor! Pretty disingenuous marketing, if you ask me.

I did a quick comparison with my 2x on my s10+, cropped in, vs the 3x on the s20, and results are v similar.

You're right... I saw this thing about the 4x too on YouTube yesterday... Think it was from Danny Winget.

tcmean

Reaction score
iPhone processor not better, just that their sw is better integrated with hw

It's better. But, you will know why it's better by just looking at it's die size.. Apple is simply packing more transistors for performance. Just because they themself is the customer and no other to tell them to shrink their chip size for tighter integration.

Apple A13: 98.48mm²
Apple A12: 83.27mm²
Snapdragon 855: 73mm²

Omnia1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Your statement about battery life is misleading. The Samsung S20 Ultra is the one with the 5000 mAH battery, not the iPhone 11 Pro Max.

Sent from Samsung SM-T865 using GAGT

Glariel

Banned
Reaction score
Your statement about battery life is misleading. The Samsung S20 Ultra is the one with the 5000 mAH battery, not the iPhone 11 Pro Max.

Opps, Samsung S20 Ultra = 5000 mAh and iPhone 11 Pro Max has 3969 mAh
nevertheless iPhone 11 Pro Max still wins if u compare SOT

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
S20U is on android ecosystem.
11PM is on apple ecosystem.

People who like samsung will still buy the S20 series.
People who like apple will still buy the 11 series.

Why bother with one is faster? Just to prove a point here and want others to agree with you? Wait long long.

malaikai2005

Reaction score
I jumped from apples to sammy
Never look back again
Because i cant see the apple tree in my forest anymore
:s13:

Omnia1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Opps, Samsung S20 Ultra = 5000 mAh and iPhone 11 Pro Max has 3969 mAh
nevertheless iPhone 11 Pro Max still wins if u compare SOT
Did either article compare SOT? Sorry, I must have missed it.

If not, suggest you instead post articles comparing the SOT of the iPhone 11 Pro Max to the Samsung S20 Ultra. That would make better sense since SOT is the basis of your statement that the iPhone's battery life wins the Galaxy.

Last edited:

Aikon

Reaction score
I jumped from apples to sammy
Never look back again
Because i cant see the apple tree in my forest anymore
:s13:

Thank God that we have other competitors for Android, than just Samsung. If you’re feeling sensible and don’t wanna get owned by them then just look at OnePlus, HW, XM, etc. I really can’t bring myself to buy their S20 Ultra now, knowing that it has 128gb and elsewhere there’s SD865. I mean, if they had a free upgrade to 512gb or something like the Note promotion, I would seriously consider to get it.

But Exynos AND 128gb is definitely if you pardon the expression, a kick to my balls twice!

malaikai2005

Reaction score
Hmm ya .. 128 gb space for a 5g phone?
8 gb ram?
But it cost a hefty $1,900 already
Agreed its ex
But what thing not ex nowadays
If they let me trade up my s10+
I will get it
:D

angka8

Reaction score
Thank God that we have other competitors for Android, than just Samsung. If you’re feeling sensible and don’t wanna get owned by them then just look at OnePlus, HW, XM, etc. I really can’t bring myself to buy their S20 Ultra now, knowing that it has 128gb and elsewhere there’s SD865. I mean, if they had a free upgrade to 512gb or something like the Note promotion, I would seriously consider to get it.

But Exynos AND 128gb is definitely if you pardon the expression, a kick to my balls twice!

Sad not say not many choices now. HW is out. No Google services and China brand. Used to have Sony.

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Curated Samsung Rewards for Galaxy S20, S20+ and S20 Ultra 5G

In celebration of the launch of the Samsung Galaxy S20 series, Samsung will be rewarding Samsung Galaxy S20 users through a series of exclusive Samsung Rewards deals via Samsung Pay on their devices.

All new Samsung Pay users will be awarded 50 welcome Rewards points.

From 2 March to 23 March, Samsung Galaxy S20 series users can redeem exclusive Rewards via the Samsung Pay app. With just 20 Samsung Rewards Points per deal, users can look forward to redeeming deals from Arabica Coffee, Awfully Chocolate, The Dark Gallery and Maison Kayser.

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/techielobang/PGBx/~3/Dy0f7GAPsPc/

Sent from Samsung SM-G975F using GAGT

Tenpai

Master Member
Reaction score

the problem is the alternatives aren't much better, that is why sammy can be complacent

HW is half-dead because Android is banned on future devices

1+ is close to stock but has zero physical presence and only enthusiasts will get

Oppo has good camera but OS updates are notoriously lagging behind

XM is value for money but now MIUI 11 cannot remove ads completely unless root

Sony is close to stock but very minimal advertising and presence. Also, phones not aesthetically pleasing

Pixel is stock and with fast updates but hardware sometimes is a miss, like Pixel 4. And no SD slot

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the Galaxy S20 series comes with a 25W fast charger, while the S20 Ultra supports 45W Super Fast charging as well.8

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/techielobang/PGBx/~3/Dy0f7GAPsPc/

Sent from Samsung SM-G975F using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.