Social entrepreuneurs

mummy1234

Banned
Reaction score
How to go about getting investors and venture capitalist when one has an idea for being a social entrepreneur?

Reaction score
There's an organization called AVPN in Singapore, they connect organizations like foundations who want to do philanthropy with projects in the region

Check their website, maybe they can help

mummy1234

Banned
Reaction score
There's an organization called AVPN in Singapore, they connect organizations like foundations who want to do philanthropy with projects in the region

Check their website, maybe they can help

Ok, will explore. Thks.

Last edited:

JuniorLion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is going to generate into another of his singapore terrace house, freehold condo, JB property, his medical degree, locum, useless husband topic. "Me, myself, and my freehold property".

You hear it here first.

mummy1234

Banned
Reaction score
This is going to generate into another of his singapore terrace house, freehold condo, JB property, his medical degree, locum, useless husband topic. "Me, myself, and my freehold property".

You hear it here first.

Ok, I promise not to. Chide me if I do.

Newbyib

Reaction score
How to protect one's idea from competitors?

I don’t think there is any much you can do except to make sure that whatever edge you think you have is protected?

I thought there are some regulations about social enterprise that’s intended to differentiate it from a solely for profit enterprise? or was there one. There was a hooha over some masquerading as social enterprise. So what really differentiates a generic start up from a social enterprise and qualifies it to be one?

mummy1234

Banned
Reaction score
I don’t think there is any much you can do except to make sure that whatever edge you think you have is protected?

I thought there are some regulations about social enterprise that’s intended to differentiate it from a solely for profit enterprise? or was there one. There was a hooha over some masquerading as social enterprise. So what really differentiates a generic start up from a social enterprise and qualifies it to be one?

I think a lot of businesses start off as a social entreprise.

That is why banks, others invests in them.

Eventually, it has to be win - win for everyone.

Newbyib

Reaction score
I think a lot of businesses start off as a social entreprise.

That is why banks, others invests in them.

Eventually, it has to be win - win for everyone.
I think the social aspect has to be affiliated to helping a specific group of socially disadvantaged group whether the aged or etc. But I am just not sure if there is any regulation on the profit structure.

mummy1234

Banned
Reaction score
I think main thing is to have a business plan and model.

Then sell it to the banks to get funding.

Or sell it to the government to get funding.

Or sell it to yr friends and network to get funding and everyone to work together.

I think third option usually works best like how it worked for FB and Alibaba.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.