View Single Post
Old 15-02-2020, 06:31 PM   #1772
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 104
Hi BBCWatcher, I was recently admitted to a US university for a master degree, which typically recommends the students to undergo an internship before graduation (and I plan to get some working experience over there as well). For some background, I'm an Indonesian national and a Singapore PR.

I recall that I've signed forms with banks/brokers stating that I'm not a US resident, US person or resident alien (I can't recall the exact terms), would working or doing paid internships and therefore paying US taxes change this?

Most of my investments are in IB (IWDA/EIMI etc) and SSB, considering that the US has capital gain taxes, what are the things that I should look for prior to my arrival in the US? I'd appreciate if you can point me to some additional resources to read as well.

Thank you!
lemniscate is offline   Reply With Quote