Samsung Galaxy S20: News and Discussions

masashi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Think seeing the negative opinions here, I'll probably get S10 seeing the price drop.. :s22:

Sent from Pocoyo Land using GAGT

Glariel

Banned
Reaction score
Same here. For Samsung I don’t want to take risk to buy export set. My S7 edge and Note 5 got spoil before so I don’t want to take risk. :s22:

I only buy local set if Samsung

they are social media team with limited information one. contact their support about firmware bug until vomit blood.. keep asking me to factory reset.. gave up just live with the bug until change phone.. not samsung anymore..

Glariel

Banned
Reaction score
People like me play game on smartphones wont like Exynos. Will lag. Tried and tested on my Fold and Note10+

Both run same game Fold smoother due to snapdragon. Some more Note10+ using Exynos chip equalivant to 855+ still lag. Sibei lousy :s13:

Note 10's Exynos 9825 was fab in 7mm and still lose until jialat. But it doesn't matter since it is pair with a crappy Mali GPU that stutters in games like Fortnite.

Single core performance almost same. Multi-core no match. Battery life as well.

chooyoshi

Reaction score
the problem is the alternatives aren't much better, that is why sammy can be complacent

HW is half-dead because Android is banned on future devices

1+ is close to stock but has zero physical presence and only enthusiasts will get

Oppo has good camera but OS updates are notoriously lagging behind

XM is value for money but now MIUI 11 cannot remove ads completely unless root

Sony is close to stock but very minimal advertising and presence. Also, phones not aesthetically pleasing

Pixel is stock and with fast updates but hardware sometimes is a miss, like Pixel 4. And no SD slot

HTC and LG are dead in SG too.

KeYoKe

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
People like me play game on smartphones wont like Exynos. Will lag. Tried and tested on my Fold and Note10+

Both run same game Fold smoother due to snapdragon. Some more Note10+ using Exynos chip equalivant to 855+ still lag. Sibei lousy

:s13:

Note 10+ exynos benchmark is good but still i think the lagness is due to the hardware architecture. even mobile signal is much worst on exynos

i believe even benchmark score lose to sd855

Last edited:

altca4

Reaction score
Fake Zoom, Samsung! Neither Galaxy S20 nor S20+ feature real Telephoto or Zoom Cameras

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Fake-...-real-Telephoto-or-Zoom-Cameras.453934.0.html

Aiyo, it's the results that matter right?
(Nokia Lumia 1020's lossless (digital)zoom tech 6 years or is it 5(?) was actually good. Recent pixel 4 digital zoom also improved by leap and bound to be almost comparable to optical zoom on a smart phone)

Just wait for some solid shootout comparison reviews.

If it's inferior, forget and don't buy.

If it's same-same or superior, marvel at how computational and post processing technology had advanced.

Last edited:

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
not sure wan to risk buying korea set
qoo10 will probably have alot after release
Avoid Korea set. Can't disable the camera shutter sound just like phone sold in Japan. If really wan the SD variant, try getting US unlocked set.

Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT

garychengjw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

xiaodouya

Reaction score
Hello all, just wondering if I am getting this as a no-contract phone for the S20.

Do you think it's cheaper to get it on Lazada with a Citibank card ($1298-$100 and gift earbud) or buy it from outside shop (like mobile square, redwhitemobile usually even less than $1298) a few weeks after launch? Which one will be cheaper then?

lch920619x

Reaction score
Hello all, just wondering if I am getting this as a no-contract phone for the S20.

Do you think it's cheaper to get it on Lazada with a Citibank card ($1298-$100 and gift earbud) or buy it from outside shop (like mobile square, redwhitemobile usually even less than $1298) a few weeks after launch? Which one will be cheaper then?

no free buds for s20
100 voucher is only for samsung store so basically useless
street shop will definitely be cheaper

rabbit1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Samsung phone prices dropped in value rapidly after a few months.

Since Samsung Singapore are overcharging Singaporeans, wait till price drop ba.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.