Samsung Galaxy S20: News and Discussions

garychengjw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Buds only for plus and ultra.

Hello all, just wondering if I am getting this as a no-contract phone for the S20.

Do you think it's cheaper to get it on Lazada with a Citibank card ($1298-$100 and gift earbud) or buy it from outside shop (like mobile square, redwhitemobile usually even less than $1298) a few weeks after launch? Which one will be cheaper then?

arianwen

Reaction score
Samsung phone prices dropped in value rapidly after a few months.

Since Samsung Singapore are overcharging Singaporeans, wait till price drop ba.

Prob wait 2 to 3 months before buying? Price will be lower.. and prob updates are in.

gapboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thailand s20 ultra is 39.900 bhat cheaper than sg spec seems same 128 gb..

Arandalo

Master Member
Reaction score
Fake Zoom, Samsung! Neither Galaxy S20 nor S20+ feature real Telephoto or Zoom Cameras

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Fake-...-real-Telephoto-or-Zoom-Cameras.453934.0.html

Interesting finding. I think because Samsung wants to market 8K video recording on all 3 models so they didn't have a choice. Needed at least one high resolution camera but since they still want to keep the telephoto lens feature the only way was to go with hybrid optic zoom. I guess like what the article says the telephoto lens is not good enough to replace the wide angle lens so Samsung still retained it.

Arandalo

Master Member
Reaction score
probably if want clearer quality need use Samsung in app camera Instagram mode

Which would the best quality to post?
1) Shoot with default camera app then upload to Instagram
2) Shoot with Instagram mode on default camera app
3) Shoot with Instagram app

1982-1994

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Played with ultra again on wifi network, battery remains strong for at least 15mins, despite location/BT/Wifi/sync/NFC/auto rotate on
Its the battery stamina attracts me, not the frame thickness

And I realized that there's no developer options after I tapped 7x on the build number and despite the acknowledgement message

athenodorus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think hw 50x zoom is also blur if u don't use tripod or have sturdy hands

Not as blur as Samsung. And I don’t think the 100x zoom is accurate as advertised.

It appears that hw’s 50x zoom can take similar/further shots and less blurish. Assuming both are using tripod.

deathst

Master Member
Reaction score
Played with ultra again on wifi network, battery remains strong for at least 15mins, despite location/BT/Wifi/sync/NFC/auto rotate on

And I realized that there's no developer options after I tapped 7x on the build number and despite the acknowledgement message

Those display sets are very different from actual market sets. They run off a different and special FW and should no way be used to judge sets sold to public.

You can see the Model of the display devices labeled differently in about device as well.

rabbit1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

is it demo unit? I thought demo unit battery percentage is fake one?

noobiee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the thing that interest me is the border-less, front camera cut out, 120hz screen~

1982-1994

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Seriously, I can't tell the diff between 60hz and 120hz

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.