The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

Reaction score
Hi GANGSTERKIA,

Can i check with you is does transitions does any lens? How is their lens compare to the rest of the brands?

I always tot transition is just the shade technology nia~ haha

It's a 1.6 supreme transitions hmc/ nano blue with progression (sorry for the amateur description)

RE: -300 -350 x 180 6/6 r/g add +200
LE: -475 -250 x 180 6/6 r/g add +200

Did them at $860 just the lens.. okay or not the price?

Thank you for your time~~

Hi bro,

1.60 supreme transitions hmc/ nano blue is by Mvision Singapore

Pretty good price quoted. :)

Seansg

Reaction score
Any distortion at the sides for your Mvision progressive lens?

Sorry just saw your msg.

Yes there is..

I think i might take a while to get used to it. Cos the distortion is quite bad. Just a bit off center only it's starts to blur.

Reaction score
Sorry just saw your msg.

Yes there is..

I think i might take a while to get used to it. Cos the distortion is quite bad. Just a bit off center only it's starts to blur.

Hi bro, Supreme should be pretty wide in angle.
Maybe drop by our Toa Payoh branch, I'll see if i can adjust to help you see better

popdod

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Sorry just saw your msg.

Yes there is..

Thanks for your feedback. :s12:

creator88

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm looking to get a pair of sunglasses. Budget is low, around $100-$150. Wondering if it makes sense to buy a cheap sunglass (for the frame) and replace the lens with a better one (maybe Hoya Eyeveil 3 with prescription etc)?

Or would it be better to buy some branded sunglass and have them change to prescription lenses for me?

Any other reasonable sunglass lens brand you would recommend?

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi, the 100-150 Budget is just for the frame only right and not the whole product?

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to get a pair of sunglasses. Budget is low, around $100-$150. Wondering if it makes sense to buy a cheap sunglass (for the frame) and replace the lens with a better one (maybe Hoya Eyeveil 3 with prescription etc)?

Or would it be better to buy some branded sunglass and have them change to prescription lenses for me?

Any other reasonable sunglass lens brand you would recommend?

creator88

Reaction score
S$100-S$150 for the lens.

Frame I'm thinking to either reuse old spectacle lens, or buy a pair of cheap sunglasses (for the frame)

Open to suggestions or alternatives. Exploring options, but hope not to spend excessively.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Price range is around 450 onwards to 600.(just for the frame).Thomson Plaza is one place you can look into, or else there are also other shops that sells such brand too!

Thanks, do you know the price range of the 2 brands and where to try them? (Thomson Plaza)?

creator88

Reaction score
For Hoya (Nupolar), Crizal (Xperio), and Zeiss polarised sunglass lenses, any idea how much these lenses typically cost?

Looking for single vision, 1.5

Last edited:

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Xperio is 250, zeiss is 480, hoya... will check and let you know.(all based on RRP)

For Hoya (Nupolar), Crizal (Xperio), and Zeiss polarised sunglass lenses, any idea how much these lenses typically cost?

Looking for single vision, 1.5

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ahhhh, then its the screws problem already. Recently replaced the nosepad arm scews. Nosepads are original. I think its hard to get original screws.

Couldnt solve the problem. Probably have to throw the whole spec away. I guess in future just buy the cheapest frame and lenses to go. Whats the point of buying so expensive pair when you end up with parts that cant be replaced with originals.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Won’t happen with Lindberg😁😏. But like that you want throw your pair away not wasted meh?

Couldnt solve the problem. Probably have to throw the whole spec away. I guess in future just buy the cheapest frame and lenses to go. Whats the point of buying so expensive pair when you end up with parts that cant be replaced with originals.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.