Macbook Pro 16 Inch officially released

xiasuaykia

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I do have a gaming desktop at home. But the laptop is mainly to bring to office to use. Since there’s limited internet access at work and work laptop can only connect to intranet.

Have always find 13 inch to be a little tad small

For your usage, a MacBook Air will be good enough. If you want a bigger screen then connect it to an external monitor. You can save a ton more with external monitor setup.

ksksksks

Reaction score
My 15’ model since 2013 until now. Still good. Even got a USB c to MagSafe charger for it :s13:

I would always recommend getting MAC for his kind of usage. Not only is the whole system very reliable. Battery life is solid and more secure than windows.

Can consider waiting for their rumoured 14’ as well since the only lineup with improved keyboard is with the 16’ for now

heng suay bah.. definitely doesn't last many years for me :s13:

twice my 2 mbp mobo died after 1 year. :s13:

BinaryLord

Reaction score
how does one buy the macbook pro at education pricing? upon paying at the apple education page, do I need to show my student card upon collection?

ksksksks

Reaction score
Google Apple education store.
They won’t ask for student card upon collection if u look like a student :)

If u opt for home delivery they might send u an email asking for one (just for auditing purposes)

how does one buy the macbook pro at education pricing? upon paying at the apple education page, do I need to show my student card upon collection?

BinaryLord

Reaction score
Google Apple education store.
They won’t ask for student card upon collection if u look like a student :)

If u opt for home delivery they might send u an email asking for one (just for auditing purposes)

I'm entering uni this July.
I received the letter but haven't accepted yet.Just incase they ask for proof will that work?

xiasuaykia

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You meant my kind of usage? Haha

Tried the mbp16 a couple of times at Apple store. I have to say the speakers are really awesome.

It is definitely a beast. Just thinking, whether using such a beast to do excel, ppt and word, surfing and video watching if it’s too overkill. Haha.

But the Apple ecosystem and the screen size is just too good.

Should I purchase it now? Or wait for the 2020 mbp16” release?

My 15’ model since 2013 until now. Still good. Even got a USB c to MagSafe charger for it :s13:

I would always recommend getting MAC for his kind of usage. Not only is the whole system very reliable. Battery life is solid and more secure than windows.

Can consider waiting for their rumoured 14’ as well since the only lineup with improved keyboard is with the 16’ for now

bunnypangsai

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you can afford 16’’ just get it.

Tried the mbp16 a couple of times at Apple store. I have to say the speakers are really awesome.

It is definitely a beast. Just thinking, whether using such a beast to do excel, ppt and word, surfing and video watching if it’s too overkill. Haha.

macpork

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

it’ll be an endless waiting game :s13:

MaiTuLia0

Reaction score
If you can afford it go for it. I code for a living and this Macbook hasn't slipped a beat...running multiple instances of VS code, Docker, etc the keyboard is also a joy to type on

wind30

Reaction score
It’s has been fixed like 2 months ago

it is not fixed... But I found a workaround.

Set the sampling in Audio Midi Setup to 48 khertz. My MBP still has popping sound at the default 44.1 khertz.

Try it if yours has popping sound.

such a simple workaround, I wished I chance on it sooner.

Last edited:

wind30

Reaction score

The next big upgrade should be the mini led display. If you can wait for it, why not? The generation is pretty big upgrade though with a new form factor, keyboard, speakers. Plus the regular internals upgrade.

xiasuaykia

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The next big upgrade should be the mini led display. If you can wait for it, why not? The generation is pretty big upgrade though with a new form factor, keyboard, speakers. Plus the regular internals upgrade.

but wouldn't know if they are really releasing Q4 2020 right? lol Q4 is a long while to go. now is only mid Q1! lol

shawnbright

Reaction score
I do like my 13. Note that the MacBook Pro is also heavier by about 0.3 pounds. If you have accessories designed to fit the 15-inch MacBook Pro, they may not fit the new 16-inch model.

shawnbright

Reaction score
I do like my 13. Note that the MacBook Pro is also heavier by about 0.3 pounds. If you have accessories designed to fit the 15-inch MacBook Pro, they may not fit the new 16-inch model.

And if you have a smaller bag or backpack that snugly fits the 15-inch MacBook Pro, the 16-inch model may be too big. So just try first. :)

madcampus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
And if you have a smaller bag or backpack that snugly fits the 15-inch MacBook Pro, the 16-inch model may be too big. So just try first. :)

Actually there's no much difference between the new 16" and the older 15". Cos they just minimize the bezels for a larger screen.

Ks1991

Reaction score
Trying to sell off sparkling New macbook 15 2019.. anybody wanna check it out ? Haha

Edit: sold my MacBook Pro 15 2019 and bought MacBook Pro 16.. but feels the diff is not significant..

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.