maybank rebate capped at $60
ST combo 2 CIS all in about $1800
sell the buds $100-$150

deduct $160-$210
paying $1590-$1640 for phone and plan
3rd party reputable shops may sell ultra at $1750
if unhappy,can sell the phone at $1600
only pay $40 for the plan throughout

Its the memory.. In 2020 internal 128gb is not a lot.. I keep my what's app videos, messages intact, so it eats into the base memory. How much can 128gb hold if you are also using a 108mpx camera with high resolution videos?

I think I will pick up a SD855 512gb Note 10 Plus as my last Samsung phone for 2020.

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Its the memory.. In 2020 internal 128gb is not a lot.. I keep my what's app videos, messages intact, so it eats into the base memory. How much can 128gb hold if you are also using a 108mpx camera with high resolution videos?

I think I will pick up a SD855 512gb Note 10 Plus as my last Samsung phone for 2020.

Is there still a SD card slot for S20?

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I did but my company line all Stinktel. PUI!

Yeah but my SDcard is usually my prawns and movies. I usually remove the SDcard when I travel and that is fine. My Spotify saves to my internal memory and that is why 128GB is a stupid move. I did try the S20, it feels lights as hell and plasticky. I feel the S10 still has the best build quality even comparing to the Note 10 series. So yeah looks like the Note 10+ will be my last Samsung and might move to OnePlus after that. Just does not make sense with all this nonsense.

If today you need to carry 128G or more when moving around. Tomorrow you will need 512G. Storage never enough. Is how to manage it and offload to a cheaper space for those in frequent use one.

elmariachi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If today you need to carry 128G or more when moving around. Tomorrow you will need 512G. Storage never enough. Is how to manage it and offload to a cheaper space for those in frequent use one.

My pattern has been the same for the last 4 years.

256gb internal is minimum I require.
The SD card is only for my additional media. My Spotify list itself is 15GB which is why 128GB is not enough as usable out of the box is already less than 90GB. And I do not run Spotify off SDcard as everytime I remove it and run my second sim, when I re-insert back the SDcard, I have to redownload everything again. It is not fun downloading 15GB everytime I need to use the second sim.

With 8k recording going mainstream in 2020 for most flagships, 128gb is not going to be enough. Writing 8k video files to SDcard is going to slow down the phone due to the 600mb/minute videos 8K take. Even the best SDcard is going to choke. It is not impossible to live with 128GB but it is certainly annoying to constantly maintain your phone for space.

Last edited:

angka8

Reaction score

Totally agreed. And secure folder files only can be saved on internal storage

Aikon

Reaction score
It is not impossible to live with 128GB but it is certainly annoying to constantly maintain your phone for space.

Agreed, we also shouldn't have to make compromises for a S20 Ultra top of the line unit.

xenocide

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the dumbos at Samsung thinks 128gb + 1tb SD will be enough for everyone without considering why would anyone wanna spend more on the SD card when already spend so much on the phone?

again hybrid slot... u gave us a choice that we don't have a choice.

Glariel

Banned
Reaction score
My pattern has been the same for the last 4 years.

256gb internal is minimum I require.
The SD card is only for my additional media. My Spotify list itself is 15GB which is why 128GB is not enough as usable out of the box is already less than 90GB. And I do not run Spotify off SDcard as everytime I remove it and run my second sim, when I re-insert back the SDcard, I have to redownload everything again. It is not fun downloading 15GB everytime I need to use the second sim.

With 8k recording going mainstream in 2020 for most flagships, 128gb is not going to be enough. Writing 8k video files to SDcard is going to slow down the phone due to the 600mb/minute videos 8K take. Even the best SDcard is going to choke. It is not impossible to live with 128GB but it is certainly annoying to constantly maintain your phone for space.

same, I also require this amount of storage due to games which takes up a lot of space.
that's why my S10+ and Note10+ are both 512GB

Tenpai

Master Member
Reaction score
I did but my company line all Stinktel. PUI!

Yeah but my SDcard is usually my prawns and movies. I usually remove the SDcard when I travel and that is fine. My Spotify saves to my internal memory and that is why 128GB is a stupid move. I did try the S20, it feels lights as hell and plasticky. I feel the S10 still has the best build quality even comparing to the Note 10 series. So yeah looks like the Note 10+ will be my last Samsung and might move to OnePlus after that. Just does not make sense with all this nonsense.
bo bian

singtel is least responsive to market because they have enough revenues from PG & MG

only young ppl know how to compare and switch telcos

Ye_Rongtian

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
With Huawei out of the game now, it is the fight between Samsung, Google and Apple. Google and Apple are still shipping 64GB phones without SD card storage, so Samsung thought 128GB is more than enough :) I tried deleting all unnecessary files from my S10+, and it still take 144GB. :s13:

But, S20 series support eSIM, so that might have some leeway. I need dual sim for overseas sim card usage. Currently using AIRSIM.

Glariel

Banned
Reaction score
if $54 plan $799 can buy leh

$54 X 24 months = $1296 + $799 = $2095

Phone cost $1898
Buds+ cost $268

total = $2166

:s13::s13::s13:

if can count towards multi-line discounts more good

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.