Banned
Reaction score

elmariachi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

elmariachi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't trust there..... A lot of fakes out there.

I already checked including reading and writing the full space of the 512GB.
Also checked the package and mine is not fake. At least so far using it.

Even Amazon has been known to ship fake sdcards because they look so legit. Only way is to read and write the full advertised space of the card and you will know if it is fake or not.

poorboii

Master Member
Reaction score
such a pity samsung, wanted to hoot this but the freebies and the specs are sheeet for it's price

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I should get the pink, any one want to sign line?

Sent from Samsung SM-G975F using GAGT

queerquirks

Master Member
Reaction score
First samsung I'm considering since s6, in in between was just nexus and pixel.

For s20 in display fingerprint scanner, which tempered glass works and is available in sg? I read s10 had some issues with it.

athenodorus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

For s20 in display fingerprint scanner, which tempered glass works and is available in sg? I read s10 had some issues with it.
They recently did some software update to the scanner on note10+ and it's working more accurately now. S20 series is using the same scanner.

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

just use the come with protector already pasted

Sent from Samsung SM-G975F using GAGT

Arandalo

Master Member
Reaction score
Well... just placed an order for S20 Ultra. :s13: 128GB is not enough, but with eSIM support, I can put microsd for extra storage. 512GB for S$119 is cheap.

https://www.amazon.sg/Samsung-Micro...512gb+microsd&qid=1582008430&s=gateway&sr=8-1

Seems like Airalo is good for eSIM.

Note that Samsung has disabled adoptable storage which was introduced in Android 6. Which means the micro SD card won't be able to extend the internal memory to store app data etc, only can be used to store documents, photos, videos.

Also, for the galaxy S10 series when you record 4K 60 FPS video the phone will auto store into internal memory even if you have selected the storage path to be micro SD card. So have to manually transfer over every time. Needless to say 8K video recording on all the S20 series will likely be written to internal memory as well. For photos no issue. But for the 108 mega pixel photos on the S20 ultra if the file size is really huge maybe Samsung may also default to store it into internal memory.

That's why internal memory storage is still always king. Works 100% of the time and more reliable for frequent read and write. Micro SD cards are known to be more prone to memory corruption. Really dunno why this time Samsung bring in 128 GB S20 ultra totally makes no sense. Those who can afford to buy this model will be able to pay for higher storage.

Last edited:

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Buy ultra, film in 8k, watch in full hd display. Then tell yourself, sibei song arh.

athenodorus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Note that Samsung has disabled adoptable storage which was introduced in Android 6. Which means the micro SD card won't be able to extend the internal memory to store app data etc, only can be used to store documents, photos, videos.

Also, for the galaxy S10 series when you record 4K 60 FPS video the phone will auto store into internal memory even if you have selected the storage path to be micro SD card. So have to manually transfer over every time. Needless to say 8K video recording on all the S20 series will likely be written to internal memory as well. For photos no issue. But for the 108 mega pixel photos on the S20 ultra if the file size is really huge maybe Samsung may also default to store it into internal memory.

That's why internal memory storage is still always king. Works 100% of the time and more reliable for frequent read and write. Micro SD cards are known to be more prone to memory corruption. Really dunno why this time Samsung bring in 128 GB S20 ultra totally makes no sense. Those who can afford to buy this model will be able to pay for higher storage.

If only s20 ultra supports their own UFS memory card.

xiaodouya

Reaction score

Maybe they didn't have 512gb models in more countries due to them wanting to roll out the cloud storage solutions?

I went to bugis to try this. Does feel premium and not as plastic as some of you mentioned. S20 is light and lighter than my current phone (pixel 2xl). But the wire to prevent theft can hinder my first impressions of the phone. Watching a video on youtube does feel good on s20 but I am also thinking of buying ultra or s20+

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.