Samsung Galaxy S20: News and Discussions

Glariel

Banned
Reaction score
You can tahan meh? ���� Last Aug, take "leave" to collect your note 10 plus. You have every model of Galaxy right, even the Note 7.

oh that one I took MC instead not leave
yes I have the Note7. I only don't have Note10, Flip and the S20 models.

Good things must wait.
Wait until S21 or S30 come out next year also song.
No need to rush. :s22:
i still thinking if should get S20 series or not

Last edited:

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To people have done thier homework like us, we can differentiate Android and Samsung. To those that aren't into tech and just sign any handset plan, Samsung = Android. They don't do research or anything, but take the best-looking phone offered by Samsung. It also helps that Samsung was the successful pioneer among Android brands in Singapore that was fighting with Apple since the days of Froyo. While brands like Sony, HTC and LG were present in SG during the early era of Android, their advertising can't match Samsung.

So Samsung became the flag-bearer of Android and many people ignorant in tech would think Samsung is Android.

As for Vivo, I really wonder what is their niche. Their brother brands have specific niches. Oneplus is focused for Android enthusiasts, Oppo is for those who prefer camera at the expense of OS updates and Realme is essentially Oppo's budget subsidiary. If Vivo doesn't find their niche, they are unlikely going to survive in the years to come.

I would think that iOS may be dominant in the years to come for Singapore. Sometimes, I have to travel to poly and uni to work on projects and I notice many are using Macbooks nowadays. I suppose the rising affluence of the younger people and Apple's successful advertising of itself as a lifestyle is attractive to the younger generations. You always see many with Airpod Pros.

Agree with you that S20 is way not worth it to buy now unless you have some CIS discounts. Even then, for Exynos, it is not bang for bucks
Ikr. I have a friend who recently asked me what phone to get for his recontract with singtel. Told him to get Pixel 3 XL because it is the best bang for buck right now(845 for $0 on ST Combo 2), but he asked me how is A70($148). Told him Pixel 3 XL is superior in terms of chipset and camera but he's like "meh, Samsung better. Never heard of Pixel before.". Didn't bother trying to persuade him after that :s13:

Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT

Tenpai

Master Member
Reaction score
What do you mean by cheaper? They didn't stock their midrangers since 2019, although I was able to buy JDM flagship Xperias for 100$ in some ah Beng shops recently

sorry typed wrongly, I meant value for money. The flagships tend to be cheaper than Pixel flagships, plus still can got SD slot to increase storage and the OS is close to stock.

but of course, sony's camera app can't fight with gcam. so it's a case of preferring more storage or better cam.

my opinion la. sure some will disagree

Tenpai

Master Member
Reaction score
iOS is probably dominant over the youth category. I still think that given our aging demographics Android still dominates overall here.
True also.

But even the young adults (30s-40s) also using Apple products nowadays, since its effective advertising as cool products have caught on.

Apple is smart enough to promote a 'cool' lifestyle while Android focuses on specs, to which the ordinary person on the street won't even bother.

Most who use Android are using it because of costs reasons, if Apple pushes something budget-friendly, they will jump ship. Only a minority like you and me are effectively Android by choice, not because we can't afford Apple products.

Tenpai

Master Member
Reaction score
Ikr. I have a friend who recently asked me what phone to get for his recontract with singtel. Told him to get Pixel 3 XL because it is the best bang for buck right now(845 for $0 on ST Combo 2), but he asked me how is A70($148). Told him Pixel 3 XL is superior in terms of chipset and camera but he's like "meh, Samsung better. Never heard of Pixel before.". Didn't bother trying to persuade him after that :s13:

Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT
Exactly. The person on the street doesn't differentiate. To some, they even think Huawei, Xiaomi and Oppo are running a different OS and not Android. They buy based on looks or brand.

Tenpai

Master Member
Reaction score
vivo last time is for music.
now if purely music, they die... so they up everything i guess.
popup cam is they came out first.
While they have pop-up camera, Oppo still has better camera and camera software

Vivo is like um....I don't even know what is their main attraction and why would I take Vivo over other Chinese brands?

plsdunbiteme

Reaction score
Playing with the s20 ultra and s20+ camera, I have the following impressions.

S20 Ultra:
The 108mp main camera seems to focus a tad slower than the 12mp one on the s20+. Not that impressed with the image quality to be honest, I prefer the one on the s20+.

The zoom camera (5x) is ok but details are better on the Huawei p30 Pro, which also has a 5x zoom.

S20+
The main cam seems similar in quality and AF to the s10+. Zoom (3x)is slightly better, even though most of it is digital cropping.

Wide angle cam is slightly less wide than s10+, and image quality is a step back. Maybe due to the 12mp resolution compared to the 16mp on s10+.

BeefCutlet

Banned
Reaction score
When is s20 able to place order for real and not preorder

Cause cannot use coupon for preorder

XiaoFu99

Master Member
Reaction score
Playing with the s20 ultra and s20+ camera, I have the following impressions.

S20 Ultra:
The 108mp main camera seems to focus a tad slower than the 12mp one on the s20+. Not that impressed with the image quality to be honest, I prefer the one on the s20+.

The zoom camera (5x) is ok but details are better on the Huawei p30 Pro, which also has a 5x zoom.

S20+
The main cam seems similar in quality and AF to the s10+. Zoom (3x)is slightly better, even though most of it is digital cropping.

Wide angle cam is slightly less wide than s10+, and image quality is a step back. Maybe due to the 12mp resolution compared to the 16mp on s10+.
Ultra 108MP sensor doesn't have PDAF so maybe slower in focusing.

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.