NTU/NUS/SMU 2020-2021 Intake

Plow98

Banned
Reaction score
If you want scholarship, better apply for those bond-free.

I totally regretted taking my scholarship, end up breaking and paying. :(

With a bond, you will be spared the job-hunting excitement and have a job waiting for you upon graduation.
Moreover, the job will likely to be a 'good' job since it is linked/relevant to the scholarship sponsor.

Plow98

Banned
Reaction score
but the deadline to accpt sutd offer is before 31 march. may be by that time, i have not gotten the offer from other uni. how? thx

By 31st March most, if not all first-round offers by local universities would have been delivered.

MoxLotus

Master Member
Reaction score
With a bond, you will be spared the job-hunting excitement and have a job waiting for you upon graduation.
Moreover, the job will likely to be a 'good' job since it is linked/relevant to the scholarship sponsor.

That is probably true for other industry. I am in the IT industy. When Google SG opened engineering office, I had to turn down the opportunity to apply. The pay gap is huge between my sponsoring company and google. After working for them for 3 years with below market salary, I decided to move on and my pay jumped by 100%.

So if you think that the job is good just because it is from a scholarship sponsor, think twice. You may not be seeing the full picture.

I have a few other friends who have taken prestigious overseas scholarship, most of them are just waiting for the bond to be over and move out of their respective organization. If it was not due to the high amount of liquidation damage, they would have left earlier.

On a side note, most of my peers who are currently working for Tier 1 companies e.g. Google/Facebook, are all ahead of me in terms of annual compensation.

Last edited:

Definitely

Master Member
Reaction score
That is probably true for other industry. I am in the IT industy. When Google SG opened engineering office, I had to turn down the opportunity to apply. The pay gap is huge between my sponsoring company and google. After working for them for 3 years with below market salary, I decided to move on and my pay jumped by 100%.

So if you think that the job is good just because it is from a scholarship sponsor, think twice. You may not be seeing the full picture.

I have a few other friends who have taken prestigious overseas scholarship, most of them are just waiting for the bond to be over and move out of their respective organization. If it was not due to the high amount of liquidation damage, they would have left earlier.

On a side note, most of my peers who are currently working for Tier 1 companies e.g. Google/Facebook, are all ahead of me in terms of annual compensation.

The problem is that those candidates that are good enough to get bonded scholarships are also the ones who can easily get much higher salary if they work somewhere else.

Definitely

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, for GPA 3.3 from a local poly without a O level cert and what's the chances of entering into the big 3.

I've a friend who entered NTU EEE with 3.39 for last year's intake. No O Level. Your chances are at NTU EEE, MechE, Philosophy. Anywhere else is likely zero chance.

jaydxn1

Reaction score
RP78.75 w/ MT got chance for double degree in SMU Com Sci + Accountancy? Exemplary CCA, testimonials and entrepreneurship stuff. Write until gao gao, but RP cui will they even consider for interview?

Definitely

Master Member
Reaction score
how is that a problem? the decision is up to them.

It's not a problem for the scholarship holder, but definitely a headache for the scholarship sponsor. They want good candidates but those good candidates can also easily go top companies with a starting pay of $8k a month.

MoxLotus

Master Member
Reaction score
The problem is that those candidates that are good enough to get bonded scholarships are also the ones who can easily get much higher salary if they work somewhere else.
Exactly!!! However, HR can’t see that thinking scholars are stupid.

MoxLotus

Master Member
Reaction score
It's not a problem for the scholarship holder, but definitely a headache for the scholarship sponsor. They want good candidates but those good candidates can also easily go top companies with a starting pay of $8k a month.

Yes thats the amount that my colleagues who are fresh out of NUS is getting. hahaha ppl probably wont even believe.

Reaction score
Biomedical sci diploma Gpa 3.92 applying for nus via ABAS, and ntu medicine via normal scheme
Bmat 6.5/5.5/3.5a

What are my chances of getting shortlisted?

crazydragon32

Reaction score
Hi, may i know if it is possible to enter a course that is not accredited to my poly diploma even tho my gpa is meets the cut off?

crazzzzy

Reaction score
Even if i am from a chem related course trying to apply for chem engineering? :(

suggest you look at the respective uni poly prerequisite.

if i remember correctly, only ntu allows you to apply for any course except LKCMedicine if you have diploma with merit.

some courses in uni, like business, doesnt need to be from a relevant course in poly

Plow98

Banned
Reaction score
Hi, may i know if it is possible to enter a course that is not accredited to my poly diploma even tho my gpa is meets the cut off?

Not accredited means not recognised.
Your poly needs to go through a process with the Uni to have your particular diploma 'articulated'.

tshihui

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am aiming to enter NTU Biological Sci or SMU Biz Management and I would like to know my chances of doing so.

cgpa: 3.02
diploma: biomedical sci
singaporean

or what are the chances of me getting into any course in the big 3 :(

wallace189

Reaction score
Does anyone know the GPA needed for NTU mathematical sciences? (It's written as # as the intake are small)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.