2018 iPad Pro

Glariel

Banned
Reaction score
Don’t know if it’s worth it or not but nevertheless bit the bullet to get the 11” iPad Pro at 13% discount while other models are only at 4% discount. It’s also the model which I wanted.

XYaawCm.jpg

k7wJtkl.jpg

S0PJtck.jpg

OD0jQ2d.jpg

uqP8kS4.jpg

1tRHWQX.jpg

The 1 TB is out of stock. A bit heart pain but oh well. :o

GilaQila

Reaction score
I noticed some sellers on carousell are selling brand new US sets for much cheaper prices. I'm assuming they are grey sets, although they all claimed it has international warranty. Found one selling 1TB cellular + wifi model for $1.6k (11 inch).

Is it worth getting grey set in this case? I've read up there are issues with ipad's international warranty, in which the local stores wont adhere or acknowledge it.

Glariel

Banned
Reaction score
I saw 1.8k

It’s international warranty. If your iPad Pro got issue, you still can go apple store for serving. But you won’t get replacement set immediately like the local set. Apple will ship back your iPad to US and they will bring it to SG.

For cellular wise they may have special tuning. I not sure though. US and SG uses different bands.

I noticed some sellers on carousell are selling brand new US sets for much cheaper prices. I'm assuming they are grey sets, although they all claimed it has international warranty. Found one selling 1TB cellular + wifi model for $1.6k (11 inch).

Is it worth getting grey set in this case? I've read up there are issues with ipad's international warranty, in which the local stores wont adhere or acknowledge it.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I also got my 11” Pro at my company’s staff rate, but not much (64GB wifi model). Enjoying it to bits now.

GilaQila

Reaction score
I saw 1.8k

It’s international warranty. If your iPad Pro got issue, you still can go apple store for serving. But you won’t get replacement set immediately like the local set. Apple will ship back your iPad to US and they will bring it to SG.

For cellular wise they may have special tuning. I not sure though. US and SG uses different bands.

Oh man. So it's still better to get local set? Then I think I'll just wait for March. See if they release the new ipad.

Glariel

Banned
Reaction score
For me I prefer local sets. And yes it’s better to get local set too. Not to mention if your iPad got issue high chance is 1 to 1 exchange immediately if they have stock.

Snow eagle and My iPad Pro 10.5” we did a 1 to 1 exchange before.

If not urgent can wait then wait. I bought it cause I have the 12.9” iPad Pro 2018 and it’s quite heavy to bring out, scared will bend so I will want to get the 11” one. I don’t really take picture on iPad and the A12X is sufficient enough for my games without any lag.

Oh man. So it's still better to get local set? Then I think I'll just wait for March. See if they release the new ipad.

Glariel

Banned
Reaction score
Oh ya does your iPad Pro have bending issue? When you bring go out?

Can’t remember which model has the bending issue. If I not mistaken is the 12.9” one

I also got my 11” Pro at my company’s staff rate, but not much (64GB wifi model). Enjoying it to bits now.

Glariel

Banned
Reaction score
received my iPad Pro 11" on Saturday until now still haven't unbox.
will do it tonight or tomorrow
need to get it done by Friday so anything wrong can return

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh ya does your iPad Pro have bending issue? When you bring go out?

Can’t remember which model has the bending issue. If I not mistaken is the 12.9” one

No bending issues. My iPad Pro is immediately placed inside Logitech’s slim folio pro case after getting the screen protector installed.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yea, thinking of getting the original keyboard folio from apple, but cost $269

Is the slim folio any good? How much ah?

But saw the original keyboard folio does not protect the sides and some people said when carried on hand, the iPad will tend to slip out. Some more the keyboard does not have backlighting.

I bought the slim folio pro for around $166 (original is around $179) Good overall protection with thicker rubber edges to protect even from drops. The flap securing the folio when closed houses a slot for the pencil but actually can just fold over the pencil.

Keyboard wise, Logitech’s keyboard is still the best with excellent tactile feel, backlit keyboard and has a USB-C port at the side which can also be charged from the iPad itself. Batt is rated up to 3 mths on a regular 2 hrs per day usage. I charged only once since I first bought, used the keyboard everyday (maybe almost an hr everyday) and until now the batt is still green. Don’t forget it’s using BT connection.

spidercyj

Master Member
Reaction score
But saw the original keyboard folio does not protect the sides and some people said when carried on hand, the iPad will tend to slip out. Some more the keyboard does not have backlighting.

I bought the slim folio pro for around $166 (original is around $179) Good overall protection with thicker rubber edges to protect even from drops. The flap securing the folio when closed houses a slot for the pencil but actually can just fold over the pencil.

Keyboard wise, Logitech’s keyboard is still the best with excellent tactile feel, backlit keyboard and has a USB-C port at the side which can also be charged from the iPad itself. Batt is rated up to 3 mths on a regular 2 hrs per day usage. I charged only once since I first bought, used the keyboard everyday (maybe almost an hr everyday) and until now the batt is still green. Don’t forget it’s using BT connection.

My experience with slim folio is that after Long the sleeve on the flap gets loose with constant in out in out but is still the safest as I once dropped my pencil while on the ipad and flap over the pencil only. Luckily I noticed it quite fast and went back to retrieve it.

nangongjun

Reaction score
gf gifted me an engraved one now got 3 pencils. just nice one for each ipad model.

i hope apple dun refresh apple pencil for ipad pro 2020.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.