Path of Exile thread, the revival - Part 2

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just started this game...came from D3....need advise!
any clan to join?

xineizer

Reaction score
Love this game. After playing D3 for several years, I played PoE. It was a difficult start. Found the game too hard (used a Ranger), then learned how to survive. Finished the story several times across different leagues. I don't farm maps though. I just like starting new characters and playing the story again.

Then, I played D3 again (PS4, PC, and Switch). Played Dark Siders Genesis, now trying out Wolcen. But, I keep coming back to PoE. Now playing through the MetaMorph league, which I'm loving.

I'm a PoE supporter too. Bought a supporter pack and several cosmetic enhancements.

Favorite classes: Witch (Necromancer), Scion (strength focused), Marauder, and Templar.

Can't wait for PoE 2 to come out!!!

Vulpix

Reaction score
Love this game. After playing D3 for several years, I played PoE. It was a difficult start. Found the game too hard (used a Ranger), then learned how to survive. Finished the story several times across different leagues. I don't farm maps though. I just like starting new characters and playing the story again.

Then, I played D3 again (PS4, PC, and Switch). Played Dark Siders Genesis, now trying out Wolcen. But, I keep coming back to PoE. Now playing through the MetaMorph league, which I'm loving.

I'm a PoE supporter too. Bought a supporter pack and several cosmetic enhancements.

Favorite classes: Witch (Necromancer), Scion (strength focused), Marauder, and Templar.

Can't wait for PoE 2 to come out!!!
I hope I have time to play this new upcoming league in March...

xineizer

Reaction score
I hope I have time to play this new upcoming league in March...

The pressure! I haven't finished MetaMorph yet! Haha! But they do keep the new features in the leagues with succeeding releases, right? I love the MetaMorph concept of being able to summon a monster to fight to get good loot!

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I started with templar and now using wand...kept getting other class rare weapon and nothing for my charactor...

am I suppose to farm or just create/edit with all the orbs? I find the map not as informative as D3..I cant see which exit is to go where by tab or esc...

stanleyluilai

Reaction score
Path of Exile is a truly great game. ARPGs might not be your thing, but when you look at Path of Exile as a video game, you see quality bro.

Outramkia

Master Member
Reaction score
In poe, every character is capable of equipping any items. Witch can wield swords and barbarian wield wands. Same goes for skills, witch can do melee cyclone, barbarian can spellcasting righteous fire and so on. Sometimes there are creative builds you might not have thought before.

D3 is rigid with its class and skills specialization. Last time I played, item sets were the meta builds. In poe, rare items can overwhelm unique ones.

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so you mean I just use any gear and make sure got slot for the gem for my skills ??

Rogue

Reaction score
Urgh, the upcoming delirium league looks good since it changes the skill tree, and atlas maps. Bosses behavior also changes.... They refined the atlas awakening progression with UI changes as well.

Must resist.

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I grind and grind but get nothing useful..and the map kept resetting when I go from one entrance and back to the same map..

to me..crap leh..

ashcrow

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think i played the game in 2013/14 for about 1year. heard that poe2 is coming up. is it a new game?

i think i still have the 1000hp koam armor on my character lol.

Rogue

Reaction score
framerates improved significantly.

only took them 7 years hahahaha

7 years ago , there's no vulkan. Vulkan(Prior, it's known as mantle..) or DX12 only started at around 2016. Only by 2019~2020, it's widely received.

TrueBeliever_jh

Honorary Member
Reaction score
7 years ago , there's no vulkan. Vulkan(Prior, it's known as mantle..) or DX12 only started at around 2016. Only by 2019~2020, it's widely received.
they could have went OpenGL but went with DirectX.

DirectX must be quite problematic for them to optimize that they have to uproot and move to Vulkan~

so the myth that playing without sounds yields better performance was true after all~ :s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.