Good 1 bedder condo for own stay?

viberzdae

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yea, Dnest walk in wardrobe concept is good.

pros & cons of toilet in bedroom. Guest have to pass through bedroom to get to toilet.
Some like Jack & Jill kinda toilet concept. Some prefer toilet in bedroom. Some prefer toilet at Living/dining area.

As for me I prefer toilet to be at living/dinning area. 80% of the 1 bedders in my development are Jack & Jill toilet. Mine is the minority where toilet is outside of bedroom area.
Guest don’t have to enter my bedroom to get to toilet.

Yea... I got a 1 bedder too and my toilet is inside my bedroom. There are units in my dev that has toilets outside in the living room but no windows.. I prefer 1 with window for ventilation. So pros and cons.. See which is more impt to you.

1993newbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yea I love love love toilet window for ventilation. My development, the 1 bedder with toilet at Living/dinning are the corner units with toilet window. Viewed 10 over units in my development before settling for this corner unit with toilet window. Hehe

Yea... I got a 1 bedder too and my toilet is inside my bedroom. There are units in my dev that has toilets outside in the living room but no windows.. I prefer 1 with window for ventilation. So pros and cons.. See which is more impt to you.

Last edited:

viberzdae

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yea I love love love toilet window for ventilation. My development, the 1 bedder with toilet at Living/dinning are the corner units with toilet window. Viewed 10 over units in my development before settling for this corner unit with toilet window. Hehe

This is like the perfect layout I would like!!!

1993newbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yea pros & cons to each diff layout. Another plus side for the corner unit, got extra sliding window at dining area. Great for
Ventilation!
Ev8xWMj.jpg

This is like the perfect layout I would like!!!

viberzdae

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
All the one bedder here are 431sqft. Corner or middle unit too. All same size just diff layout

Nice... Im a fan of 1 bedders too... Because I'm cleanliness freak and even at my current size.. Im already very tired whenever I do cleaning twice a week. But 1 bedder are very livable in my opinion..

1993newbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bingo! As a single guy, 1 bedder is ideal enough. I lazy to clean de so no need so much space.

Nice... Im a fan of 1 bedders too... Because I'm cleanliness freak and even at my current size.. Im already very tired whenever I do cleaning twice a week. But 1 bedder are very livable in my opinion..

tempestuous-

Reaction score
Yea, Dnest walk in wardrobe concept is good.

pros & cons of toilet in bedroom. Guest have to pass through bedroom to get to toilet.
Some like Jack & Jill kinda toilet concept. Some prefer toilet in bedroom. Some prefer toilet at Living/dining area.

As for me I prefer toilet to be at living/dinning area. 80% of the 1 bedders in my development are Jack & Jill toilet. Mine is the minority where toilet is outside of bedroom area.
Guest don’t have to enter my bedroom to get to toilet.

Yes went for viewing at d'nest. The walk-in wardrobe is interesting. But valid point from you guys regarding the accessibility of the toilet.

Am also looking at areas less east. Anyone has views on the following:

Urban vista
The glades
Optima @ tanah merah

The glades is more expensive than the other two.

Doc Madatay

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes went for viewing at d'nest. The walk-in wardrobe is interesting. But valid point from you guys regarding the accessibility of the toilet.

Urban vista
The glades
Optima @ tanah merah

The Tanah Merah location is much much better and MRT at doorstep
Of the 3 projects I prefer optima
Very well maintained, quiet with fewer units
But I would not choose main road facing due to 4 tracks
Urban vista is cramp and personally don’t like how it looks too
Glades nice but abit cramp but better than urban vista, new and sea facing units really quite and unblocked
Don’t forget too a new project with ground floor retail coming up in the next quarter

Last edited:

tempestuous-

Reaction score
The Tanah Merah location is much much better and MRT at doorstep
Of the 3 projects I prefer optima
Very well maintained, quiet with fewer units
But I would not choose main road facing due to 4 tracks
Urban vista is cramp and personally don’t like how it looks too
Glades nice but abit cramp but better than urban vista, new and sea facing units really quite and unblocked
Don’t forget too a new project with ground floor retail coming up in the next quarter

Thanks for sharing your views! Looking for move in by this year hopefully so cant wait for the new project. 😌

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score

Urban vista
The glades
Optima @ tanah merah

Tenah Merah is a nice place to stay (I.e convenience to mrt, jewel, hawker, tons of Malls, schools and CBP) like what others had mentioned. But do avoid those mrt track facing units and urban vista loft units.

Glades is definitely more expensive than optima as they are 5yo apart.

tempestuous-

Reaction score
Tenah Merah is a nice place to stay (I.e convenience to mrt, jewel, hawker, tons of Malls, schools and CBP) like what others had mentioned. But do avoid those mrt track facing units and urban vista loft units.

Glades is definitely more expensive than optima as they are 5yo apart.

Thanks!
What's so bad about the loft units?
And how terrible are the noises from the tracks?

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks!
What's so bad about the loft units?
And how terrible are the noises from the tracks?

Do a search at 99.co and u will see a number of urban vista unit making losses. The reason is simple, who would want to keep climbing up and down the narrow loft steps to their bed? Most buyers would prefer to have a normal 1 bedder layout with proper bedroom size.

As tenah Merah mrt is expanding to 4 tracks, the frequency of trains passing by is going to increase.
So do avoid track facing units. This is the same if u r buying Bedok residence which is one station away from tenah Merah.

tempestuous-

Reaction score
Do a search at 99.co and u will see a number of urban vista unit making losses. The reason is simple, who would want to keep climbing up and down the narrow loft steps to their bed? Most buyers would prefer to have a normal 1 bedder layout with proper bedroom size.

As tenah Merah mrt is expanding to 4 tracks, the frequency of trains passing by is going to increase.
So do avoid track facing units. This is the same if u r buying Bedok residence which is one station away from tenah Merah.

Thanks for your views! I shall go check them out!

viberzdae

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Urban vista
The glades
Optima @ tanah merah

Did you actually go down and view the condo? Apparently tanah Merah condos seems to have a lot of "foreigners" due to changi bizpark being nearby... Not sure if that is one of your concern for own stay.

tempestuous-

Reaction score
Did you actually go down and view the condo? Apparently tanah Merah condos seems to have a lot of "foreigners" due to changi bizpark being nearby... Not sure if that is one of your concern for own stay.

Haven't yet. Anyone can share your experience of residing in a foreigner dominated development? My neighbours are all local. 😁

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
Haven't yet. Anyone can share your experience of residing in a foreigner dominated development? My neighbours are all local. ��

Not that I know of.
This is more obvious in some condo like Melville park at Simei.

Whereas outside eco condo, I always saw a few Ang mo going in and out eco condo. They usually jog along the upper East Coast area.

Anyway, what’s the issue if some of your neighbours are foreigners?

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.