OLA EC @ Anchorvale

SunnyCasa

Reaction score
anyone has any take on which stack is preferable for a 3 bedroom (inc. deluxe/premium configurations)?

thanks in advance!
I have come across this youtube video and found it useful.
Got mention which type floor plan, what kind of price and his point of view to choose the unit and some creative idea.

Last edited:

holasingapura

Master Member
Reaction score
Treasure crest just behind ola top 2019 sold at 700+ psf
And the vales top 2018 sold at 800+ psf
So about 5 years difference.
Will ola still be able to make profit after MOP?

Don't forget bellewaters, and numerous other cheap ECs and also PCs in SK and Punggol.

Wonder whether overpriced new launches will lift their prices up or will they drag OLA's resale price down. :s22: Will prices meet in between? :s22: "thinkcarefully"!

That said, older condos cannot match the shoebox sizes of new launches so psf is not a good gauge.

SunnyCasa

Reaction score
Don't forget bellewaters, and numerous other cheap ECs and also PCs in SK and Punggol.

Wonder whether overpriced new launches will lift their prices up or will they drag OLA's resale price down. :s22: Will prices meet in between? :s22: "thinkcarefully"!

That said, older condos cannot match the shoebox sizes of new launches so psf is not a good gauge.
Having said that, would Tampines Avenue 10 EC be better?
Since Tapestry and Treasure already hit $1300psf...

holasingapura

Master Member
Reaction score

There are fewer ECs at Tampines to compete with it so if your objective is to make a tidy profit, then I would think tampines is a better bet. United world college is also just next door if you wish to rent out your unit after MOP.

But these are 2 different areas, so you have to factor in your lifestyle and work location. You will be staying there minimum 5 years after all.

Do not ignore the resale market available too

SunnyCasa

Reaction score
I agree. I believe Tampines EC should be more expensive than OLa.

There are fewer ECs at Tampines to compete with it so if your objective is to make a tidy profit, then I would think tampines is a better bet. United world college is also just next door if you wish to rent out your unit after MOP.

But these are 2 different areas, so you have to factor in your lifestyle and work location. You will be staying there minimum 5 years after all.

Do not ignore the resale market available too

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Tampines Ave 10 EC if launch ~$1100psf thereabouts could be a good buy, not because of its locality but because ard that stretch a lot of PC also $1300psf thereabouts, would support the price.

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score

Just like developers know there will be buyers coming in to save them, there will definitely be newer buyers helping new buyers make a tidy profit.

To infinity and beyond! :s13:

drkcynic

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Prices are so high for this Ola, almost 1.1k psf. It is not even near an mrt.

And people are saying prices are not realistic for punggol near mrt at below 1.1k psf.

SunnyCasa

Reaction score
Looking at what you mentioned, i thought of those who had bought Parc Botannia... over $1300psf... :s21:

And people are saying prices are not realistic for punggol near mrt at below 1.1k psf.

psykool

Reaction score

Isn't OLA quite near to Sengkang MRT? Probably nearer compared to Piermont Grand-Punggol MRT too

WarChild86

Reaction score
Isn't OLA quite near to Sengkang MRT? Probably nearer compared to Piermont Grand-Punggol MRT too

I don’t think 850-900m of walking at around 10-11 mins walk time is considered near.

I will rate 3-4 mins, 400m of walking as near to mrt

SunnyCasa

Reaction score
You don’t have to cross the road from Piermont Grand to Punggol MRT. Just walk along the PCN will lead you to Waterpoint and MRT.

drkcynic

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

No it's not. It is those kind of distance you definitely won't walk on a daily basis. Both Piermont and Ola are not that ideal.

But they are priced at around the same psf as 5-8 yrs condos that are much nearer to the 2 mrts. So I am not sure where is the attraction? How are these ECs subsidised? If you like new stuff then maybe you can consider but remember you are buying a market rate comparable to private condos.

sgpropertyblog

Reaction score
No it's not. It is those kind of distance you definitely won't walk on a daily basis. Both Piermont and Ola are not that ideal.

But they are priced at around the same psf as 5-8 yrs condos that are much nearer to the 2 mrts. So I am not sure where is the attraction? How are these ECs subsidised? If you like new stuff then maybe you can consider but remember you are buying a market rate comparable to private condos.

both are within walking distance to MRT, but then will take you about 10 mins walk, which I don't think you wana do on a daily basis.. you may wana hop on the LRT or bus about 1-3 stops away.. imagine the price is currently ard $10xx-11xx psf , what would the price be if its nearer to MRT ?

kiatme

Reaction score

I agree, if want new then consider.

The price is comparable to private resales, not new launches. New launches are already 13xx onwards.. ECs aren't cheap anymore, when rivercove launch, H20 just across the canal was selling just 50psf more. Rivercove is 100% sold out. Where's the reason in that?

The mindset of the people who want to buy this project for profit has to change, entering at 1100psf++ when the surrounding projects were sold for 8xx psf, if buying to flip most likely won't make money, but homestay I feel it's good.

The layouts quite decent and the site layout is awesome, the site design is much better than some of the older ECs in the region and comparable/better than most of the privates around I feel.

If you need a house and want something new, then you don't have a choice, if you see the BTO subscription rates for past few years, everywhere is oversubscribed except tengah, imagine some of the first time buyers getting 1xxx out of 500 for queue number and rejected for the popular ones.

Clazav

Reaction score
New launches are supported by a lot of advertisements and effort of agencies. And that new always looks better in the showflat. Resale needs to keep up by making sure the the MA are doing a good job maintaining the common area and the owners need to design their house in an attempt to sell. On top of that, many forumers here already shown that 2nd owners sometimes don't earn much upon selling off their properties.

I agree, if want new then consider.

The price is comparable to private resales, not new launches. New launches are already 13xx onwards.. ECs aren't cheap anymore, when rivercove launch, H20 just across the canal was selling just 50psf more. Rivercove is 100% sold out. Where's the reason in that?

The mindset of the people who want to buy this project for profit has to change, entering at 1100psf++ when the surrounding projects were sold for 8xx psf, if buying to flip most likely won't make money, but homestay I feel it's good.

The layouts quite decent and the site layout is awesome, the site design is much better than some of the older ECs in the region and comparable/better than most of the privates around I feel.

If you need a house and want something new, then you don't have a choice, if you see the BTO subscription rates for past few years, everywhere is oversubscribed except tengah, imagine some of the first time buyers getting 1xxx out of 500 for queue number and rejected for the popular ones.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.