Working Shoe for Young Exec - Part 3

TUV2008

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This shoe is EE head with blue patina. The sole at the bottom was done by my request at the workshop to cover the leather.

HHd1ZhK.jpg

Mq7EScx.jpg

era0fice

Reaction score
Hi all, would like some advice regarding if i should resole my shoes now (or recraft? not sure about the difference) or wait for a few more months.

I've owned them for about 2 years but only started wearing them regularly 6 months ago. I rotate between the 2 pairs + another pair of danite boots everyday for 4 days a week.

One is a loake 1880 the other is a Loake Royal Brogue. Also, any tips on where i can get a resole or recraft beside Ed Et Al? just looking for options.

g1eQCsD.jpg

weyiI60.jpg

also will a resole change the heels also or is that a seperate job because the rubber on the back heel is worn on one side to about 20c coin thickness due to walking habits i guess

Last edited:

Andy0601a

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all, would like some advice regarding if i should resole my shoes now (or recraft? not sure about the difference) or wait for a few more months.

I've owned them for about 2 years but only started wearing them regularly 6 months ago. I rotate between the 2 pairs + another pair of danite boots everyday for 4 days a week.

One is a loake 1880 the other is a Loake Royal Brogue. Also, any tips on where i can get a resole or recraft beside Ed Et Al? just looking for options.

[MG]https://i.imgur.com/g1eQCsD.jpg[/IMG]

[MG]https://i.imgur.com/weyiI60.jpg[/IMG]

also will a resole change the heels also or is that a seperate job because the rubber on the back heel is worn on one side to about 20c coin thickness due to walking habits i guess

no need resole.

just topy?

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

g1eQCsD.jpg

weyiI60.jpg

No need to resole. Just ask for a sole protector. Your shoes are in good shape.

Sent from Samsung SM-N960F using GAGT

DrSheldonCooper

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! Looking to get a pair of Double Monks. Anything to recommend for under $300?

Thanks!

Edit: Possible to get goodyear welts with this budget?

Last edited:

catseatfish

Reaction score
Hi all, I've a pair of Yanko's that have been scruffed up at the side. Have tried to put Renovateur and shoe creme, but the scratches still seem quite obvious. Any recommendations for who or where I can bring this to for repair?
xgMb6Ku.jpg

j6nw0Kk.jpg

Last edited:

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I've a pair of Yanko's that have been scruffed up at the side. Have tried to put Renovateur and shoe creme, but the scratches still seem quite obvious. Any recommendations for who or where I can bring this to for repair?
xgMb6Ku.jpg

j6nw0Kk.jpg

Seems like the leather is somewhat “cut” alrd, can try to cover over with creme and wax to mask it as much as possible and live with it. Don’t think much other options imho.

Chewbeans

Reaction score
Anyone wears dress boots in Singapore? Thinking of balmoral boots in shell cordovan but might be too hot?

TUV2008

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My initial impression with Jonathan Abel was not very good as they did not even bother to respond me on FB.

But when I finally met them the service experience was pleasant overall.

As for the shoes I will start wearing it next month so no comment at this moment until I wear it for sometime.

Try the brand tuv got? Jonathan Abel.

If he can get MTO for 400, RTW is likely to cost no more than 350.

w4rdsg

Reaction score
Anyone wears dress boots in Singapore? Thinking of balmoral boots in shell cordovan but might be too hot?

I have a pair of Junkard’s I wear from time to time. I wouldn’t go trekking in them but they are fine around town.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.