2020 market expectations and positioning

Status
Not open for further replies.

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I checked my statement for whole of 2019.

My interests received from lending out was 83% of Withholding Tax. ie I received 83 cents for every $1 tax.

In other words, I managed to minimize some of the taxes.

if you are using IBKR, your interest from lending out, did you have to pay tax on that?

Trader11

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The syndicates gonna sell on Monday due to 'bad' news in Korea.

Seah.tt

Banned
Reaction score
I believe that Shell has advantages over other oil majors, its better positioned to transition from oil company to energy company. I'm buying Shell now on the bad news because markets like to overreact!

If there's continued weakness ETF is a good idea! XLE is 100% US and subject to 30% withholding. SXLE might be a better buy for less withholding. But maybe an international energy etf that holds Shell, BP, Total, not just US oil majors would be better, WRNG? I'm also holding a little bit of NORW despite the withholding (check out the correlation between oil price and NORW)
ur shell buy us or LSE?

Sent from CPF Account using GAGT

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have started reading this book called "The intelligent Asset Allocator" by William Bernstein. Somebody recommended it to me on twitter. Just few pages and it already sounds very interesting.

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have started reading this book called "The intelligent Asset Allocator" by William Bernstein. Somebody recommended it to me on twitter. Just few pages and it already sounds very interesting.

SfgcKcg.jpg

this book is good enough for me. can borrow from library. :s13:

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think I read only 3 investing/trading related books so far.

Most of the knowledge can be found on the internet actually.

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bought Comfort and Sembcorp, at $1.99.... still dropping... time to catch falling knife! :s13:

SpeedingBullet

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I highly recommend Capital Returns by Ed Chancellor

gamerx

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts into ESG related funds?

I think ESG is more than just a fad, probably will have significant bearing on asset allocation.

Some of the largest pension funds in the world have set similar goals for their portfolios and these guys are the true market movers.

A major problem though, is that there is no universal standard for ESG, especially the S part. What is considered good by one fund's benchmark may not be seen similarly at another fund. Then again even company fundamentals are somewhat subjective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.