OLA EC @ Anchorvale

Clazav

Reaction score
Haha I stopped watching when he mentioned 1 bedroom to 5 bedroom. Where got 1 bedder in ec project..

I have come across this youtube video and found it useful.
Got mention which type floor plan, what kind of price and his point of view to choose the unit and some creative idea.

psykool

Reaction score
I don’t think 850-900m of walking at around 10-11 mins walk time is considered near.

I will rate 3-4 mins, 400m of walking as near to mrt

Yes agree both aren't exactly near.. Was just wondering about the comparison with PG, both similar distance..

psykool

Reaction score
No it's not. It is those kind of distance you definitely won't walk on a daily basis. Both Piermont and Ola are not that ideal.

But they are priced at around the same psf as 5-8 yrs condos that are much nearer to the 2 mrts. So I am not sure where is the attraction? How are these ECs subsidised? If you like new stuff then maybe you can consider but remember you are buying a market rate comparable to private condos.

There seems to be a premium for whatever new now, maybe because of (slightly) longer lease?

Clock

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don’t think 850-900m of walking at around 10-11 mins walk time is considered near.

I will rate 3-4 mins, 400m of walking as near to mrt

its actually pretty near.
i live in treasure crest and i do walk home by cutting through the hospital from time to time. only recently, its not really safe to cut through the hospital now. and a lot of residents in my estate walks home.
the current schedule for the bus is not really good and if you miss 1, the wait is long. i also walk to the wet market over the weekends if the bus don't arrive within 5 mins.

if you think only 3-4 mins of walking is considered near, then you need money to resolve this problem.

i wont buy a condo 3-4 mins away from the mrt/bus interchange. its so noisy.

drkcynic

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You try to walk both you will find out which one is better :s12:

Yes. I always tell people to go walk, don't listen to agents. There is a difference between a shaded casual walk, and walking under the hot sun next to the main road rushing for work kind of walk. 300m near and 800m "near" is alot of difference. In that 800m there might be upslope, traffic lights, unshaded, escalators etc etc.

Afterall you are committing a large chunk of money for the property.

I know the Ola site, the walk to the sk mrt is long and unpleasant. Interested buyers need to try it for themselves.

Last edited:

drkcynic

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There seems to be a premium for whatever new now, maybe because of (slightly) longer lease?

Yes, but is it rational?

Watertown less than 4 years old IIRC is struggling to move at 1200-1400 psf. 2 mrts down a new SKG is moving at 1700-1800 psf because it is "new"?

Even if this is ok to buyers, paying that premium for new, when your property is 3-4 years old, are you going to face the same problem as watertown is facing now?

Nothing stays new forever.

SunnyCasa

Reaction score
I believe Sengkang Grand price follow the resale transaction at North Park.

Yes, but is it rational?

Watertown less than 4 years old IIRC is struggling to move at 1200-1400 psf. 2 mrts down a new SKG is moving at 1700-1800 psf because it is "new"?

Even if this is ok to buyers, paying that premium for new, when your property is 3-4 years old, are you going to face the same problem as watertown is facing now?

Nothing stays new forever.

kiatme

Reaction score
I believe Sengkang Grand price follow the resale transaction at North Park.
Sengkang grand land bid price was 923 psf, breakeven is about 14xx ish, selling at 16xx-17xx i feel is quite reasonable considering it is a mix development. The developer won't reduce the price any further unless the company is going burst or else they will suffer losses. Sooner or later, the prices are just going to increase.

Is SKG worth 1.6-1.8k PSF for a property in SK ? Just take a look 4 mrts down, park colonial as comparison, opposite mix development, during launch it was sold for 1.6k ish average, after it relaunch during phase 2 it is selling at 1.8k ish, just see the recent transactions, it is already creeping around 2k.

Just look at riverfront and parc botannia last transactions and see.

The market is slowly shifting, maybe sims villa/pasir ris mix development can help to curb the increase in prices, but its pretty evident that the existing launches prices will increase.

1.1k-ish for a new launch condo (OLA) ? Where else can you find ? Or be like aunty lor, wait and hope market crash then can one time swoop everything :s13:

iguysphone

Reaction score
Yes. I always tell people to go walk, don't listen to agents. There is a difference between a shaded casual walk, and walking under the hot sun next to the main road rushing for work kind of walk. 300m near and 800m "near" is alot of difference. In that 800m there might be upslope, traffic lights, unshaded, escalators etc etc.

Afterall you are committing a large chunk of money for the property.

I know the Ola site, the walk to the sk mrt is long and unpleasant. Interested buyers need to try it for themselves.

Agree. Ola...better take the LRT. the walk is...long...at least 2 bus stops away kind of distance.

drkcynic

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sengkang grand land bid price was 923 psf, breakeven is about 14xx ish, selling at 16xx-17xx i feel is quite reasonable considering it is a mix development. The developer won't reduce the price any further unless the company is going burst or else they will suffer losses. Sooner or later, the prices are just going to increase.

Is SKG worth 1.6-1.8k PSF for a property in SK ? Just take a look 4 mrts down, park colonial as comparison, opposite mix development, during launch it was sold for 1.6k ish average, after it relaunch during phase 2 it is selling at 1.8k ish, just see the recent transactions, it is already creeping around 2k.

The market is slowly shifting, maybe sims villa/pasir ris mix development can help to curb the increase in prices, but its pretty evident that the existing launches prices will increase.

1.1k-ish for a new launch condo (OLA) ? Where else can you find ? Or be like aunty lor, wait and hope market crash then can one time swoop everything :s13:

You can say it's fair pricing considering how much they are bidding for the plot of land which is a fair point.

But to me as a buyer, I don't have to go along with it. If they want to bid high for the land, it does not mean we, as the consumers, should pick up the slack. We can choose to walk away.

And we should. As mentioned there are plenty of condos with better location, arguably better quality and make, 3-8 years old around that are on par or cheaper than a new launch. You can even view as much as you want before committing as opposed to buying from a floorplan or showflat.

sgpropertyblog

Reaction score

Lolss... Actually SGR price is from $15xxpsf have le.. on average its $16xxpsf.. even the recent transactions for TFR is also hovering ard $14xx-15xxpsf ady.. somemore its not walking distance to mrt.. the future MRT is like 9 yrs later and about 7mins walk vs SGR with MRT at your doorstep and ady in operation.. so one will you choose?sorry ar, i agent sales-talk again.. ��

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ola even have linanxing being brand ambassador. Looks like really fierce marketing.

Clazav

Reaction score
Haha yes I just saw in on TV! Long time no see. You don't expect ola to be cheaper than Parc Canberra.. So much advertisement released..

Ola even have linanxing being brand ambassador. Looks like really fierce marketing.

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haha yes I just saw in on TV! Long time no see. You don't expect ola to be cheaper than Parc Canberra.. So much advertisement released..

I would reckon they spent a lot of marketing and the finishing seems premium, but prices doesn’t seem to be that high though similar to Parc Canberra.

SunnyCasa

Reaction score
Agree. I really feel bad for those who bought Woodleigh Residences above $2000psf :spin:

You can say it's fair pricing considering how much they are bidding for the plot of land which is a fair point.

But to me as a buyer, I don't have to go along with it. If they want to bid high for the land, it does not mean we, as the consumers, should pick up the slack. We can choose to walk away.

And we should. As mentioned there are plenty of condos with better location, arguably better quality and make, 3-8 years old around that are on par or cheaper than a new launch. You can even view as much as you want before committing as opposed to buying from a floorplan or showflat.

Clazav

Reaction score
Which aunty are you referring to? Psoul? I can't stand her, the good thing she is doing is to continue to feed medicines to people who missed the boat and hoping for crash. This is like religion.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.