2020 market expectations and positioning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trader11

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
why will you want to catch a falling knife?

Posted from PCWX using Redmi K20 Pro

I see Big boys accumulating on 17-18 Feb.

This selloff is to scare the weak holders into selling so they can accumulate even cheaper price. Today gap down with low volume is a shakeout method to scare people

In terms of market overall, this stock is in mark down stage....

coolhead

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I see Big boys accumulating on 17-18 Feb.

This selloff is to scare the weak holders into selling so they can accumulate even cheaper price. Today gap down with low volume is a shakeout method to scare people

In terms of market overall, this stock is in mark down stage....

paiseh what does markdown stage mean?

Trader11

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
paiseh what does markdown stage mean?

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/active-trading/070715/making-money-wyckoff-way.asp

Wyckoff-Price_Cycle-1.png

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think I read only 3 investing/trading related books so far.

Most of the knowledge can be found on the internet actually.

Reading from internet is different from reading a book. Reading a book is much more effort in terms of focus, very difficult to do in the current times of high distraction from social media. But the effort is worth it, if you read good books from knowledgeable authors. It takes you into deep dive of concepts and math behind it, which is likely to stick with you and make you better investor.

coolhead

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://www.investopedia.com/articles/active-trading/070715/making-money-wyckoff-way.asp

Wyckoff-Price_Cycle-1.png

I'm a noob in wychoff TA but briefly in your website which i read, it doesn't make sense to buy during markdown right?

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bought starhub for 52 week low, drop even lower.

Then keep on buying in 5% increments! everytime fall another 5% to hit a new 52 week old, buy again. of course you need to have conviction in your fundamental analysis :D

BBCWatcher

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
some people prefer to buy at 52-week high, I prefer to buy at 52-week low! :s13:

Bought starhub for 52 week low, drop even lower.
There's nothing magical about 52 weeks. It's just one of the commonly reported data points, that's all.

Maybe a 31 week low is best if you're trying to time the market, or maybe a 131 week low. Good luck at the dog track. ;)

Trader11

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm a noob in wychoff TA but briefly in your website which i read, it doesn't make sense to buy during markdown right?

In general, no... Wait for sideways when Big Boys are starting to show evidence of accumulation....

Duke can advise since he is an expert with VSA.

coolhead

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In general, no... Wait for sideways when Big Boys are starting to show evidence of accumulation....

Duke can advise since he is an expert with VSA.

wah chim... this is another level of technical analysis altogether... combining whcyhoff with vsa... i think no matter what duke say will just fly over my head lol.

Trader11

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wah chim... this is another level of technical analysis altogether... combining whcyhoff with vsa... i think no matter what duke say will just fly over my head lol.

VSA is not just technical analysis. In fact sometimes your TA might show signal for long but it is actually be the start of distribution for big boys. Example like buying climax in an up trend might be to trick the weak holders to buy

coolhead

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wah lan....futures -1.89%.....

simon_84

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Then keep on buying in 5% increments! everytime fall another 5% to hit a new 52 week old, buy again. of course you need to have conviction in your fundamental analysis :D

Nah, better to cut partial then consider want to average down a not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.