How to buy steam games cheap

iantzr

Reaction score
I bought the steam credits from https://sg.carousell.com/minosviel/

I only have one steam account, its still in argentina region. I bought AC: Odyssey, , and also a ton of other games which i refunded all except for AC. No issues playing the games while in a different region store.

Apparently a group of steam games sellers do use Ken's method. They have a argentina account, they will log in to your account, change to argentina region and gift the games to you using their argentina account while you pay a higher amount to them for buying the games for you. The difference in the amount is their commission.

So far havn't found how they get to purchase the steam credits at a cheap rate.

Ah Ken

Reaction score
Thanks Ken for your long reply and experience.

1) So now you still have 2 steam accounts, 1 Singapore and 1 Argentina one? Never thought of that. No problem playing games on either one?

2) After you created your Argentina account and the trial VPN has ended, can you access the Argentina account to buy games without using VPN and your own computer time still showing Singapore time zone?

3) Can you send me the link to the carousell seller you bought from? Any idea why the rates for the steam wallet changes so rapidly? Due to demand?

Thanks for sharing

1) You can create several emails so why not for Steam account? haha! Both my accounts also different emails.

2) After I switch region, I just leave it already. I play my games with that Argentina account without VPN. My prices in the Steam store are Argentina Pesos.

3) Bro iantzr has provided the link to the seller. I did asked this seller about the rates, and yes it fluctuate with demands. I understand it can get higher when new popular games release or hot sales.

Ah Ken

Reaction score
I bought the steam credits from https://sg.carousell.com/minosviel/

I only have one steam account, its still in argentina region. I bought AC: Odyssey, , and also a ton of other games which i refunded all except for AC. No issues playing the games while in a different region store.

Apparently a group of steam games sellers do use Ken's method. They have a argentina account, they will log in to your account, change to argentina region and gift the games to you using their argentina account while you pay a higher amount to them for buying the games for you. The difference in the amount is their commission.

So far havn't found how they get to purchase the steam credits at a cheap rate.

Actually I have not try gifting to my Singapore account. I not sure if it will work or not.

And I did mention before, after I bought the Steam credits I had a cooling period imposed before I can switch to Argentina. I think this may impose on gifting games as well.

After switching to a new region, I think you will need 2 weeks cooling period before you can switch a new region again.

Ah Ken

Reaction score
I only change my timezone and use the free VPN to change to Argentina. After that, I no longer use and I also switch back to SG timezone

socrates

Reaction score
After you have your Argentina account, everytime you buy games from Argentina store, do you need to use the VPN? Thanks Ken for your advice.

iantzr

Reaction score
No need to use VPN once changed to Argentina. Steam only check your IP when you are trying to change your store, once changed, it doesn't verify your IP when purchasing games.

I am still buying games with pesos while in my starhub ISP.

socrates

Reaction score
Thanks iantzr for your reply.

I am actually thinking of changing to China store as the game I want Red dead redemption 2 is cheapest there. S$7 Cheaper than Argentina but not sure worth the trouble since Argentina store is a proven to work by you and Ken .

Last edited:

iantzr

Reaction score

I am actually thinking of changing to China store as the game I want Red dead redemption 2 is cheapest there. S$7 Cheaper than Argentina but not sure worth the trouble since Argentina store seems is a proven by you and Ken.

Sure you can. Provided that the VPN software you find has China included. And also theres a cooldown period for changing stores, so you will be stucked in china store for awhile. Heard Ken mention its 2 week.

I heard about region lock but if Ken able to play the games after changing back to SG store then I guess it's no issue.

SkyShroud

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
USA wallet gift code can be used globally though I am unsure of the argentina conversion rate.

On paper it is bannable but afaik of people doing it for years, they didn't get banned.

Last edited:

Gametaku

Master Member
Reaction score
Dont invest too heavily on the vpn workaround. If you havent been suspended, it will happen sooner or later. My friend account was suspended after doing this for about a year. Luckily he only had about 80+ games in that account. The suspension usually takes some time to happen. This method is only good for those who do not care about collecting games (play new game cheaply, ban by steam, rinse and repeat).

Just do the cheap Carousell Steam giftcard trick and purchase from the SG Steam store instead. This is the safer route.

No need to use VPN once changed to Argentina. Steam only check your IP when you are trying to change your store, once changed, it doesn't verify your IP when purchasing games.

I am still buying games with pesos while in my starhub ISP.

I am actually thinking of changing to China store as the game I want Red dead redemption 2 is cheapest there. S$7 Cheaper than Argentina but not sure worth the trouble since Argentina store is a proven to work by you and Ken .

iantzr

Reaction score
Dont invest too heavily on the vpn workaround. If you havent been suspended, it will happen sooner or later. My friend account was suspended after doing this for about a year. Luckily he only had about 80+ games in that account. The suspension usually takes some time to happen. This method is only good for those who do not care about collecting games (play new game cheaply, ban by steam, rinse and repeat).

Just do the cheap Carousell Steam giftcard trick and purchase from the SG Steam store instead. This is the safer route.

Thanks for the input, before this like a year ago I did engage sellers who log in to my account and buy the games. Maybe if we know your friend's frequency of usage and stats that might help. I havn't use the VPN since I changed to Argentina at the moment, bought and refunded quite a few games during the winter sale as well.

Sellerion

Reaction score
How much cheaper??
Steam winter sales, games are already cheaper by up to 70%!
Unless those major titles where even after sale they are still around $20++

Still... for peace of mind, that's still a decently good price.

I will scared to use this method sia

iantzr

Reaction score
How much cheaper??
Steam winter sales, games are already cheaper by up to 70%!
Unless those major titles where even after sale they are still around $20++

Still... for peace of mind, that's still a decently good price.

I will scared to use this method sia

Use steam.db to google the game, it will show the discounted winter sale price. And also the store which sells it the cheapest.

Informant

Reaction score
Hi, anyone know how to purchase in turkey / brazil region? Look like all the payment method was rejected due to mismatch billing method.

RedEyesFan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
BDO(SEA) free from Steam starting tomorrow.

Offer last for 4 days.

Fenrir8080

Reaction score
Solution?

Hi, anyone know how to purchase in turkey / brazil region? Look like all the payment method was rejected due to mismatch billing method.

Hi Bro, have you found a solution for this yet? I want to buy Borderlands 3 from Brazil store cos its the cheapest now. Can I still use USA steam wallet credits like the other bros have used here?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.