Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info

ltrinityl

Reaction score

Deeptrouble

Reaction score
Have called the police to inform the situation, I am not gonna pay these bloodsuckers anymore. I have done nothing wrong except being stupid. My HDB area is under CCTV and I will go to the town council tmr to request for CCTV installation outside my house. Thanks for the advice, they made me feel better

Do the town council approve the CCTV request?

Stupidddme

Reaction score
Do the town council approve the CCTV request?

They didn't come yesterday night nor did they send me harassment whatapp today. I checked my hdb today and the lift area had multiple cctv installed(is a new building) so I didnt go to the tc today. I haven told my NOK as my mom did not use whatapp so no one harass her. After all, I owe them nothing and from their accent and actions, I am guessing it's a group of Malaysian chinese(really lousy el spoken on whatapp) who are controlling some runners here in SG. They did not call or send any sms to me and only harass me on whatapp. I am just praying they will let me go. BTW, I am guessing that they are using their debtors' whatapp and profile picture for communication, take note of that.

sylvestong

Reaction score
I just fell into the same scam... Needed a loan, got it, returned it... And suddenly they call and say I report police and caused their guy to be arrested.
Wanted me to chip in $1000 for the bail.
Then threatened me via WhatsApp with videos of paint splashing etc.
Made police report and am very worried about my family.

Stupidddme

Reaction score
I just fell into the same scam... Needed a loan, got it, returned it... And suddenly they call and say I report police and caused their guy to be arrested.
Stay strong and do not pay them. We will pull through this together.

cw3007

Reaction score
They are scammers.Change your handphone number if those threatening message cause u to paralyse with fear or anxiety. When u dont get the message you will be ok. Dont guess what they will do next cos you have no control.

Stupidddme

Reaction score
Now I dun even know how to tell my wife...
Dunno if they will come harrass me...
I'm so worried now
I am worried too but life has to go on. Call the police and inform them about the threat, have faith in spf and these LS will turn away if they can’t get anything from you. I don’t dare to tell my parents too and I can only wish not all of their threats will have actual actions. Even so, if they had actual actions,then there is nothing to fear as your fear had come true, what else can they do?

sylvestong

Reaction score
I am worried too but life has to go on. Call the police and inform them about the threat, have faith in spf and these LS will turn away if they can’t get anything from you. I don’t dare to tell my parents too and I can only wish not all of their threats will have actual actions. Even so, if they had actual actions,then there is nothing to fear as your fear had come true, what else can they do?

Yah... Just made the police report.
Thing is I already told the LS that I've returned what I borrowed and if I have more money I wouldn't have to turn to them besides I'm shouldering a legal case so even if I want I also got nothing to give them.

Now I blocked their WhatsApp, deactivated my FB and just hope they dun really come disturb me.

sylvestong

Reaction score
Had a sleepless night and waking up at every little sound... Not sure what will follow next... The thing is I did not even owe them anymore money...

Stupidddme

Reaction score
Had a sleepless night and waking up at every little sound... Not sure what will follow next... The thing is I did not even owe them anymore money...

Sleep well and live well, don't let the fear destroy you. I slept well last night and woke up at 8, nothing happened. Stay strong and everything will pass by.

sylvestong

Reaction score
Sleep well and live well, don't let the fear destroy you. I slept well last night and woke up at 8, nothing happened. Stay strong and everything will pass by.

The only consolation I had is I told my NOKs... They are supportive so that gave me hope to hold on...
Really hope it's just empty threats from these scammers

sylvestong

Reaction score
They have now started harassing my NOKs... Just following police advise to block, report, delete and ignore all their messages.
Hopefully things don't escalate further... Really very very scared and angry now

losthope00

Master Member
Reaction score
So they used Malaysian number and WhatsApp me photos of my unit and neighbor. Anyway I owe nothing to them. I had made police report and prepared knives. Once I see then, I going to chop them off.

losthope00

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Briefly read through your experience.

There are no difference between loan scammers and loansharks. They are the same fellows. 1st they try to scam you. Ask u provide details with bank account number. Giving them your bank account number, allows them to scam you by,
1) depositing a small amount of money, asking you to return a way higher amount by saying they need trial loan to tell their company how your repayment capabilities are. ********s.
2) once they have 1 cent with you, they can legitly extort u for money, threatening you with shits if you do not do what they want. Some loansharks even tell shits that loansharks are legal whereas loan scammers are not. ********s.
3) once you fall into their traps of paying them, they know that you are an easy prey to continue. Both giving real loan amounts you need and loans scams of admin fees, etc. They will even tell you licensed moneylenders or even banks also need your details plus, charging you a processing fee. ********s.

I once fell into the scam trick #1. Didn't pay them exactly the amount they asked for. Bargained both hard and soft ways. Point to note, some of them can be intimidated and some, you need to pretend a dog.

One experience I had against loanshark is slightly different. That fellow scammed others and ask the victim to deposit money into my account. Bank alerted me as victim's bank did a funds recall. I immediately called that loanshark up, scolded him like nobody's business and ended up not needing to pay him back.

Morale of the story, don't be too afraid to stand against them. 99.99%, your family and friends, even neighbours, will stand by your side.

Tell them the truth that you were being scammed. Ask for forgiveness and help. I'm sure they are willing to support you in every possible ways.

If you've cleared payments with them, you don't even have to worry they'll come after you. They have no grounds or rights to even ask for "runners". Moreover, it is not foc. They won't be that stupid to pay to harass you, knowing you're firmed on not giving in.

I'm not exactly an expert but I've been through all shits over 3 years. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I'll answer with my best knowledge.

Wow nice information. Sadly, falling into the trap and paid which means never owe anything yet they came to harassing me. Nonetheless, I had done as mentioned just can’t change my mobile number yet as I was told need to go down shop personally to do changes. Account has closed after reporting police. And today police patrol around my area.

sylvestong

Reaction score
Yes. I too firmly believe that I already never owe anything and if they really want to spend money on runners to squeeze money out of it then I'm prepared.
Has been warning my circle of frens and family that I've been scammed, yes, it is embarrassing but I think it's better things are in the open.
Have been blocking their calls and ignoring them the whole day.
Police report made, camera installed.
Determined to see this out with them.
Thanks for the support here folks.

meteorzack

Reaction score
Hi, its my first time doing something like this. A sms advertisement was sent to me by an unknown person, claiming to give out loan offers. I decided to try it out and wanted to borrow 10k. The person told me that he would transfer me 300 and I should give back 400 to him at that same moment since his company state that I am a first time borrower and they have no record of me so they need me to give the 400, which I did transfer. I showed him receipt as proof, then he said I never put reference of his name on receipt, so he cannot close the record, demanding me to give another 400, which I refused to do so. He has been harrassing me since then and I have already reported him to the police and blocked him. Just today, I saw scribbles of my address on every wall at my block and now I dont know what to do, please advise

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.