Samsung Galaxy Tab S6

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A12 Bionic on iPad Mini call lower end specs? :s22::s13:

https://www.apple.com/ipad-mini/

Not anymore hor. Mini and air have a12

From an Android perspective, its not low end for sure. From Apple's perspective, it is the lower end specs considering that the Pro model sports A12X and 4 to 6GB of ram. Do keep in mind that Apple don't create low and mid end SOCs unlike in the Android space. Even the cheaper iPhones uses the same SOC, though Apple may purposely choose an older SOC.

Glariel

Banned
Reaction score
From an Android perspective, its not low end for sure. From Apple's perspective, it is the lower end specs considering that the Pro model sports A12X and 4 to 6GB of ram. Do keep in mind that Apple don't create low and mid end SOCs unlike in the Android space. Even the cheaper iPhones uses the same SOC, though Apple may purposely choose an older SOC.

When iPad mini and iPad Air 3 was release, there was no A13 so they use A12. Glad they never use A10 like on the budget iPad. Even last year when they announce the 10.2" iPad, also use A10.

iPad Pro uses A12X cause it was needed to drive the 120hz refresh rate and they needed more graphic processor to power the larger screen.
Apple should use A12X on both iPad mini and Air 3.
Games still suffers graphic/fps lag on the mini and Air 3 while the Pro doesn't.
Same goes to iPhone Xs/Xr.

Larger screens should use A12X instead of A12

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
When iPad mini and iPad Air 3 was release, there was no A13 so they use A12. Glad they never use A10 like on the budget iPad. Even last year when they announce the 10.2" iPad, also use A10.

iPad Pro uses A12X cause it was needed to drive the 120hz refresh rate and they needed more graphic processor to power the larger screen.
Apple should use A12X on both iPad mini and Air 3.
Games still suffers graphic/fps lag on the mini and Air 3 while the Pro doesn't.
Same goes to iPhone Xs/Xr.

Larger screens should use A12X instead of A12

They segmented the tablets by using the non X SOC on the cheaper tablets. Nothing wrong with that. The top end Apple tablets have historically used the X series SOC, not because they need it to drive the 120Hz refresh rate. If a Snapdragon 855 can drive a 120Hz screen like the Asus ROG phone, I don't see why the A12 can't do the same. Its really about positioning and to create the "high end" effect, they need to put in the best or better hardware.

I don't quite agree that large screen will need a faster SOC. It all boils down to the screen resolution. The resolution on the 2019 iPad Pro 11 inch is not a lot different from a iPhone XS Max. So technically if the A12 can drive the iPhone properly, no reason why it will not do well on the iPad Pro. Again it is really a good to have and a way to differentiate between the flagship vs the more "budget" oriented iPad.

stanleyluilai

Reaction score
They segmented the tablets by using the non X SOC on the cheaper tablets. Nothing wrong with that. The top end Apple tablets have historically used the X series SOC, not because they need it to drive the 120Hz refresh rate. If a Snapdragon 855 can drive a 120Hz screen like the Asus ROG phone, I don't see why the A12 can't do the same. Its really about positioning and to create the "high end" effect, they need to put in the best or better hardware.

I don't quite agree that large screen will need a faster SOC. It all boils down to the screen resolution. The resolution on the 2019 iPad Pro 11 inch is not a lot different from a iPhone XS Max. So technically if the A12 can drive the iPhone properly, no reason why it will not do well on the iPad Pro. Again it is really a good to have and a way to differentiate between the flagship vs the more "budget" oriented iPad.

Great feedback here, good read!

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For you bros, which is the best Samsung tablet actually to buy?

I think best is very subjective. Firstly, you should get an idea of your budget, and secondly, what are you going to use it for?

At least from my opinion and at this point in time, the Samsung S5e is probably the best in terms of value to performance and features.

Tony.Manero

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think best is very subjective. Firstly, you should get an idea of your budget, and secondly, what are you going to use it for?

At least from my opinion and at this point in time, the Samsung S5e is probably the best in terms of value to performance and features.

It's great as a media consumption device. Low medium graphics requirement games should run fine too

echo_lalaker

Reaction score
Hi All,

May I know the manufacturing date of your Samsung Tab S6? Bought my set 2 weeks ago. Manufacturing date was listed as Sep'19. Is it possible that my set is a brand new set from Samsung official shop?

Glariel

Banned
Reaction score
Hi All,

May I know the manufacturing date of your Samsung Tab S6? Bought my set 2 weeks ago. Manufacturing date was listed as Sep'19. Is it possible that my set is a brand new set from Samsung official shop?
It’s possible. Sales for Tab S6 not that high so probably is stocks from last year.
If it’s sealed when you bought it then it’s new. Otherwise no

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

The manufacturing date is more to identify the batch that this device belongs to. It has nothing to do with it being used. If you buy it from a reputable store, item should be new and sealed. Warranty will be in accordance to the date on the proof of purchase.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.