Any mid career switchers for PCP physio or radiography?

bomberkid

Reaction score
currenly 31 years old. past 7-8 years working in the financial sector. anyone has done this for mid career switching and care to shed some light? main reason for me wanting to switch is 1. interest in health, and also 2. stability. but i need to hear from more people who gone through it haha

CarpeD!em

Reaction score
Me.

What do you want to know?

There are still no graduates from the course yet. The first class to graduate will be later this year.

Ms Black

Reaction score
I have apply for PCP physiotherapy 2x in previous years but didn’t got call up for interview. In my mid 30s n had a degree in psychology. Had work 15years.

But I try to apply for it this year again n really hope to get it!

Coffeekosonggao

Reaction score
I am also keen to understand more about the PCP career switch. But the threads for mid career switch seem quite quiet.

Coffeekosonggao

Reaction score
For your cohort, what is the (1) gender ratio and (2) age profile of the successful mid-career switch students in PT? So far, most of the enquiry threads in this forum are raised by the mid-thirties age group, whereas the PCP ad featured those in forties.

Do you happen to know which industry were the successful mid-career switch students in, before joining SIT?

CarpeD!em

Reaction score
For your cohort, what is the (1) gender ratio and (2) age profile of the successful mid-career switch students in PT? So far, most of the enquiry threads in this forum are raised by the mid-thirties age group, whereas the PCP ad featured those in forties.

Do you happen to know which industry were the successful mid-career switch students in, before joining SIT?

Gender ratio would be around 50:50 for PCP. But for the whole course, there are more females than males, about 70:30.

Age range from mid 20's to late 40's. Most are within the mid 30's.

Previous career, is a big range. All those that I know, do not have any medical related background from IT to Insurance agent to Administer to Mechanical or Electrical Engineer to Sales. Even a guy who was an Administrative staff from SIT itself.

However those who are in the accelerated PT course, they do have some sort of bio or medical background.

Hope it helps.

Coffeekosonggao

Reaction score
Gender ratio would be around 50:50 for PCP. But for the whole course, there are more females than males, about 70:30.

Age range from mid 20's to late 40's. Most are within the mid 30's.

Previous career, is a big range. All those that I know, do not have any medical related background from IT to Insurance agent to Administer to Mechanical or Electrical Engineer to Sales. Even a guy who was an Administrative staff from SIT itself.

However those who are in the accelerated PT course, they do have some sort of bio or medical background.

Hope it helps.

Thanks for sharing the information! Really appreciate it.

SuperVergil12

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing the information! Really appreciate it.
Does it require a GCE O Level English or IELTS band 7.0 and above ? I only had GCE N level and a diploma holder with a experience in Fitness Training and do some volunteering work that relates to physiotherapy and other allied healthcare professions.

Jacoblkh22

Reaction score
Will the application status change to in process or something? Mine still says submmited. Not sure is it taking some time due to COVID-19.. Seems like everyone has not received any interview yet.

dzpliu

Reaction score
Will the application status change to in process or something? Mine still says submmited. Not sure is it taking some time due to COVID-19.. Seems like everyone has not received any interview yet.

do you mean PCP or SIT?
for SIT, it says in process.
for PCP, it says Under Evaluation.
but no interview or anything

Last edited:

kitsura

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got in under previous scheme the 3 year diploma. Now is 4 years SIT and as someone has mentioned, the first batch will graduate later this year.

sanzhu

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I went for nursing

They rejected me

Too bad. Can't help the corona

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.