2018 iPad Pro

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
gf gifted me an engraved one now got 3 pencils. just nice one for each ipad model.

IISAELw.jpg

i hope apple dun refresh apple pencil for ipad pro 2020.

Doubt so, it should be the same pencil.

Glariel

Banned
Reaction score
Price go back liao :s13:
Heng I bought last week.

9B9cOmh.jpg

Decided to go for the original keyboard folio :o
Quite expensive but oh well.
Hopefully it’s worth it.

6aNZReg.jpg

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My experience with slim folio is that after Long the sleeve on the flap gets loose with constant in out in out but is still the safest as I once dropped my pencil while on the ipad and flap over the pencil only. Luckily I noticed it quite fast and went back to retrieve it.

Gets loose as in the flap's magnet wears out? I still use flap over the pencil only rather than slot in as per my previous slim combo on my 10.5 model, over time the pencil holder gets loose and the pencil will slip out of it. Some more I've bought a new one once, over time the same thing happens.

Glariel

Banned
Reaction score
The 11 inch iPad Pro screen protector got issue one ah?

Just now went to paste tempered glass at the camera section got bubbles

Y5SsLO9.jpg

They told me say common issue but I don’t think so leh.. my 12.9 got no issue

wSKXlhl.jpg

Same screen protector somemore

Last edited:

spidercyj

Master Member
Reaction score
Gets loose as in the flap's magnet wears out? I still use flap over the pencil only rather than slot in as per my previous slim combo on my 10.5 model, over time the pencil holder gets loose and the pencil will slip out of it. Some more I've bought a new one once, over time the same thing happens.

Oh sorry I meant the pencil holding area on the flap gets loose. Magnet still strohg

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh sorry I meant the pencil holding area on the flap gets loose. Magnet still strohg

It’s normal for that. This type of design eventually will face this problem due to stretching, so that’s why I just close the flap over the pencil.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The 11 inch iPad Pro screen protector got issue one ah?

Just now went to paste tempered glass at the camera section got bubbles

Y5SsLO9.jpg

They told me say common issue but I don’t think so leh.. my 12.9 got no issue

wSKXlhl.jpg

Same screen protector somemore

Mine has a cutout at the camera area so don’t face this problem.

Glariel

Banned
Reaction score
Mine has a cutout at the camera area so don’t face this problem.

the whole experience of pasting of the screen protector was a nightmare for me.

when I went to iStudio, the guy greeted me say what I looking for, then I told him say I looking for screen protector for iPad Pro 11". He directed me to the iPad Pro screen protector section, I saw the screen protector which I wanted and he recommended me 1 of the tempered glass with cut out. He asked me say why I don't take that screen protector he recommend me as it is compatible with the Apple Pencil, easier to write also. He even say the screen protector I choose if use Apple Pencil hard to write. I told him say I use this brand before on my 10.5" and is able to write and detect smoothly. Then I find it fishy liao. Then nevermind didn't bother much on what he say, I insisted to take that screen protector which I wanted. The reason I choose that is cause I use before and it covers full screen. I never liked screen protector with cut out. My iPhone X and above all are full screen too.

When he paste for me that time the camera part there got 1 bubble, then he try to press and press cannot go away. after trying for few times he gave up and use the 2nd piece. The 2nd piece was worse as shown in the picture on my previous post. After that he can tell me say is normal cause of the camera. Then I ok can accept and made payment.

On my way home then I feel something not right, took out the iPad Pro from the box, got another bubble just above the screen, pressed hard hard the bubble go away and after awhile it came back. then go back to the shop again go back already ask for the guy who pasted for me, he MIA for like 1/2 hr, probably having lunch or something. so I waited at the shop. Few iStudio staffs who clocked in for work ask why I stand here for so long, and I tell them say I wait for the guy who pasted the screen protector for me. then out of nowhere the manager came out.

After 20 mins, the manager saw me why I stand at the shop so long then she come to me ask me take out my iPad Pro show her, the guy paste got bubble then she also try and try also cannot go away, then she do a 1 to 1 replacement for me, then the camera part there no bubble.

sometimes don't know why the shop hire this kind of newbie, don't know how to paste then don't help paste la, waste my time. total waste like 4hrs, from 10am+ go until 2pm+ and waste my bus fare also. the screen protector also not cheap, if $10 I still can close 1 eye.. but its $79, and you know how expensive those iPad Pro screen protector is at iStudio. Still can tell me say the screen protector I choose not compatible with Apple Pencil. Although ya la I don't have Apple Pencil 2nd gen yet for my iPad Pro but doesn't mean in future I wont get it.

I really feel like buying the Apple Pencil and go back to the shop and show him that it can work. Usually touch screen can work Apple Pencil sure can work one. Proven and tested on Galaxy Note S Pen. Somemore the tempered glass on the Note series is thicker than the one for my iPad Pro.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wahh...first time I’ve heard that screen protector compatible or not compatible with the Pencil. I bought and did mine at iStudio Tampines Mall and the Filipino guys there always did a great job, previously were transferred over from Nubox.

At that time they only had one piece and was also the one I was looking for which is the Zagg InvisibleShield which I also knew have cutouts. Previously my first one for my 10.5” Pro is also using InvisibleShield.

Here’s mine.

U1pusGa.jpg

Glariel

Banned
Reaction score
Wahh...first time I’ve heard that screen protector compatible or not compatible with the Pencil. I bought and did mine at iStudio Tampines Mall and the Filipino guys there always did a great job, previously were transferred over from Nubox.

At that time they only had one piece and was also the one I was looking for which is the Zagg InvisibleShield which I also knew have cutouts. Previously my first one for my 10.5” Pro is also using InvisibleShield.

Here’s mine.

U1pusGa.jpg

Tampines Mall too far for me. Ya lor I also first time heard it.
I used Comma tempered glass screen protector, the box black in colour one if u seen before.

How come got 2 cut outs on the left and right of the iPad Pro?
Any place can get Apple Pencil 2nd gen at a cheaper price?

shawnbright

Reaction score
the whole experience of pasting of the screen protector was a nightmare for me.

when I went to iStudio, the guy greeted me say what I looking for, then I told him say I looking for screen protector for iPad Pro 11". He directed me to the iPad Pro screen protector section, I saw the screen protector which I wanted and he recommended me 1 of the tempered glass with cut out. He asked me say why I don't take that screen protector he recommend me as it is compatible with the Apple Pencil, easier to write also. He even say the screen protector I choose if use Apple Pencil hard to write. I told him say I use this brand before on my 10.5" and is able to write and detect smoothly. Then I find it fishy liao. Then nevermind didn't bother much on what he say, I insisted to take that screen protector which I wanted. The reason I choose that is cause I use before and it covers full screen. I never liked screen protector with cut out. My iPhone X and above all are full screen too.

When he paste for me that time the camera part there got 1 bubble, then he try to press and press cannot go away. after trying for few times he gave up and use the 2nd piece. The 2nd piece was worse as shown in the picture on my previous post. After that he can tell me say is normal cause of the camera. Then I ok can accept and made payment.

On my way home then I feel something not right, took out the iPad Pro from the box, got another bubble just above the screen, pressed hard hard the bubble go away and after awhile it came back. then go back to the shop again go back already ask for the guy who pasted for me, he MIA for like 1/2 hr, probably having lunch or something. so I waited at the shop. Few iStudio staffs who clocked in for work ask why I stand here for so long, and I tell them say I wait for the guy who pasted the screen protector for me. then out of nowhere the manager came out.

After 20 mins, the manager saw me why I stand at the shop so long then she come to me ask me take out my iPad Pro show her, the guy paste got bubble then she also try and try also cannot go away, then she do a 1 to 1 replacement for me, then the camera part there no bubble.

sometimes don't know why the shop hire this kind of newbie, don't know how to paste then don't help paste la, waste my time. total waste like 4hrs, from 10am+ go until 2pm+ and waste my bus fare also. the screen protector also not cheap, if $10 I still can close 1 eye.. but its $79, and you know how expensive those iPad Pro screen protector is at iStudio. Still can tell me say the screen protector I choose not compatible with Apple Pencil. Although ya la I don't have Apple Pencil 2nd gen yet for my iPad Pro but doesn't mean in future I wont get it.

I really feel like buying the Apple Pencil and go back to the shop and show him that it can work. Usually touch screen can work Apple Pencil sure can work one. Proven and tested on Galaxy Note S Pen. Somemore the tempered glass on the Note series is thicker than the one for my iPad Pro.

Yeah. You can prove a point or don’t waste time bro.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tampines Mall too far for me. Ya lor I also first time heard it.
I used Comma tempered glass screen protector, the box black in colour one if u seen before.

How come got 2 cut outs on the left and right of the iPad Pro?
Any place can get Apple Pencil 2nd gen at a cheaper price?

Not sure about the two small cutouts, maybe some 'design' by Zagg.

Maybe can try those online platforms, but I still prefer to get them at Apple Store.

Glariel

Banned
Reaction score
Not sure about the two small cutouts, maybe some 'design' by Zagg.

Maybe can try those online platforms, but I still prefer to get them at Apple Store.
Ok noted. I ask cause Lazada have 8% discount now not sure if it will go lower or not.

If the Apple Pencil put on iPad there and let it charge, after 100% will it continue to charge? Or stopped charging?

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok noted. I ask cause Lazada have 8% discount now not sure if it will go lower or not.

If the Apple Pencil put on iPad there and let it charge, after 100% will it continue to charge? Or stopped charging?

Yes it does but on trickle charge and don't worry, it won't spoil the Apple Pencil. The concept is similar to S Pen when placed inside the phone.

foxriver

Reaction score
Anyone encounter issues while writing and charging your ipad at the same time? Random / jittery lines etc

ragnarokprophecy

Reaction score
Remember get Apple care + and then change your iPad once every year for $68. That will make your iPad Pro last another 2 years min
sry how does this work haha. Can i get it changed even if it's working fine or do i need to self-inflict damage to the screen so that it's categorised under accidental damage :o

Sent from OnePlus GM1900 using GAGT

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I’ve 22 days left as of now for AC+ purchase. $199.....should I purchase? :s22:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.