Samsung Galaxy S20: News and Discussions

athenodorus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone has experience with eSIM? Looks like M1 still charging SIM registration fee for eSIM which is stupid since eSIM is supposed to save the cost of issuing physical SIM...

A piece of advice. If you change phone frequently, avoid esim as it’s kinda troublesome to reactivate it. Activation fee, dealing with cso, downtime etc.

I’m considering to revert to physical sim soon.

Ye_Rongtian

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone has experience with eSIM? Looks like M1 still charging SIM registration fee for eSIM which is stupid since eSIM is supposed to save the cost of issuing physical SIM...

I use airalo esim for overseas usage. M1 deactivate and activating esim each time charge 5 bucks.

Glariel

Banned
Reaction score
Used eSIM before on my iPhone, within a year I change back to physical Sim as there is $5 charge for every device activated

myhealthychoice

Reaction score
I am switching over to Android from iPhone. Have been using Apple Pay all along, may I know if there are any benefits using Samsung Pay, example for Public Transport. Been using it for bus and train, does it work as well for Samsung Pay, or I have to use Google Pay app. Excited!

Last edited:

myhealthychoice

Reaction score
The battery drains fast when screen gets bigger and 5G is being used. S20 and S20 Plus should be better in this aspect because of a smaller screen, importantly, it is also value for money. The main drawback is that it is not future-proof and does not have binocular zoom. Not sure whether the reviews so far are done using 5G, if not, then the battery on the ultra is really bad I think. Also, as US uses a different 5G, the battery consumption could be different? A lot of questions on the 5G aspect, so much more on its benefits in SG, given that it is still not launched and how long it would take for the coverage to reach a level that we can really reap the benefits. Heard the data consumption is huge as compared to 4G.

If it's already quite bad, one can only imagine how much worse it will be for our Exynos sets. Truly clusterfarked.

Last edited:

athenodorus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

elmariachi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
5g and 120mhz are battery killers. good thing is we don't have 5g yet and have the option to choose frame rate.

https://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/tec...omers-malaysia-get-free-4k-50-inch-tvs-launch

wow the promo in msia:eek:

Can you imagine if Samsung Malaysia is giving those free gifts, how much of a suckers we have to be getting just the Buds+? Quite clear Samsung Singapore is out to maximise chopping carrots. Absolutely no thought process have gone in to marketing this phone here. At least Samsung Malaysia had the sense to put in the 128gb microsd card as it is clear 128gb ROM is absolutely not enough with 8k recording. The fact Note 10+ is gaining traction is clear the internal storage space is a deal breaker with the pricing and 5hitty pre-order gifts.

Glariel

Banned
Reaction score
Singapore market won’t have such thing one la
Really chop carrot

Pre order S20 get free buds is a joke
Need many people to complain on the storage.
Later I go complain :s13:

final1

Master Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.