Samsung Galaxy S20: News and Discussions

kuma-mon

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It is important to state clearly what version the review is for.

The gsmarena review is for the exynos version. It basically already stated what we had assumed and knew about the cons for the exynos version.

The review is not for the snapdragon version which is a different beast.

True, exynos chip is well known to drain batt faster, runs warmer. Snapdragon version is more optimized.

There are many factors to consider as well. Since SG no 5G, does disabling 5G network in settings improve battery life? And also depends on app usage as well. Regarding the 120hz refresh rate, they will push an update to allow variable refresh rate. So that matters as well

animeonegai

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It is important to state clearly what version the review is for.

The gsmarena review is for the exynos version. It basically already stated what we had assumed and knew about the cons for the exynos version.

The review is not for the snapdragon version which is a different beast.

Long story short. S20 ultra and S20s, overall, its not worth. :s13:

Samsung innovation is down.

elmariachi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cut short story

Note 10 and Note10+ is the last Samsung phones to be shown worthwhile :s13: :s13:

Agreed. I don't game on my phone though battery life is abit underwhelming for me. But for the price I can't complain especially when I'm getting 12gb/256gb RAM.

rabbit1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys don't criticise Samsung Singapore and Exynos. They are the "best" in the market. You should appreciate that Samsung is even bringing in this phone to Singapore. Samsung don't owe you anything. I said Exynos suck and tio whacked jiatlat jiatlat as childish and immature.

Ye_Rongtian

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am switching over to Android from iPhone. Have been using Apple Pay all along, may I know if there are any benefits using Samsung Pay, example for Public Transport. Been using it for bus and train, does it work as well for Samsung Pay, or I have to use Google Pay app. Excited!
You get samsung points which can be redeemed for stuff / discounts.

Ye_Rongtian

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The battery drains fast when screen gets bigger and 5G is being used. S20 and S20 Plus should be better in this aspect because of a smaller screen, importantly, it is also value for money. The main drawback is that it is not future-proof and does not have binocular zoom. Not sure whether the reviews so far are done using 5G, if not, then the battery on the ultra is really bad I think. Also, as US uses a different 5G, the battery consumption could be different? A lot of questions on the 5G aspect, so much more on its benefits in SG, given that it is still not launched and how long it would take for the coverage to reach a level that we can really reap the benefits. Heard the data consumption is huge as compared to 4G.
S20 and S20+ have smaller screen but also smaller battery. Either way it balance out. :s13:

Ye_Rongtian

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys don't criticise Samsung Singapore and Exynos. They are the "best" in the market. You should appreciate that Samsung is even bringing in this phone to Singapore. Samsung don't owe you anything. I said Exynos suck and tio whacked jiatlat jiatlat as childish and immature.
Take your argument out side this thread. Start a new thread.

elmariachi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

No you got whacked because you keep repeating yourself like a broken tape recorder. We know Exynos suck and no one is contesting otherwise. So stop your repetition crap and get a life.

Momentumm

Master Member
Reaction score
My S20 Ultra pre-order got delayed to 11-13 March lol. SIAN. In return they giving $30 voucher... I think those who pre-ordered late were affected.

Lance321

Master Member
Reaction score
If not happy with samsung SG for not bringing in bigger storage options for all phones, then don't buy the phone and support them. If you pay $$$ and support them, it gives them the message that you are fine with their practices. I might look into oneplus 8 pro or other options this year. Even the new LG V60 phone don't seem that appealing in terms of specs and design, so all that's left is oneplus 8, maybe xiaomi too. See how first....

Ye_Rongtian

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If not happy with samsung SG for not bringing in bigger storage options for all phones, then don't buy the phone and support them. If you pay $$$ and support them, it gives them the message that you are fine with their practices. I might look into oneplus 8 pro or other options this year. Even the new LG V60 phone don't seem that appealing in terms of specs and design, so all that's left is oneplus 8, maybe xiaomi too. See how first....
I was not going to buy if they did not support eSIM. Since they do support, I can have dual sim + microsd storage. Not going to take 8k videos, so size of internal storage doesn't matter.

RayOfLight

Reaction score
s20 now all comes with free bud? some reseller like haven't update on their website yet, not sure eligible or not. also anyone ordered from best with ocbc card? what is the condition for the free $100 voucher? they put * but can't find the t&c

myhealthychoice

Reaction score
The RAM for S20 plus is 8GB for SG market instead of 12GB. I think SG is really screwed. We not only get a slightly inferior processor.

myhealthychoice

Reaction score
Battery to me is more important, it is more practical than a processor that lacks by 1 or 2s:

Although tested on an earlier model, changing to a lower resolution doesn’t help in getting more battery juice, so set to higher resolution for the phone to enjoy the crispy images:

Last edited:

animeonegai

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Battery to me is more important, it is more practical than a processor that lacks by 1 or 2s:

Although tested on an earlier model, changing to a lower resolution doesn’t help in getting more battery juice, so set to higher resolution for the phone to enjoy the crispy images:

1080 can have 120 refresh. the higher reso does not. so set which ever you want.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.