Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
With the correct tools and experienced man power, Within 2 hours or lesser can complete liao.

liquidh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1 hour or less actually. I can even do it myself if not for the lack of equipment to lift the car up. Not like to use jacks as invariably damages the underside of the vehicle.

With the correct tools and experienced man power, Within 2 hours or lesser can complete liao.

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1 hour or less actually. I can even do it myself if not for the lack of equipment to lift the car up. Not like to use jacks as invariably damages the underside of the vehicle.

Indeed.. You need to hoist up the whole car equally. Disposal of the lubricant also a hassle. Need to bring to workshop at least.

KevinLevrone

Reaction score
12yo wish. Aircon only cold when stepping on accelerator. Changed fan, topped up gas, checked pressure. Next compressor issue?

liquidh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just guessing might be alternator going out.

Turn on your headlights with high beam and tap on the accelerator slightly with engine on. If the lights get brighter when you hit the accelerator (car at park/neutral), you likely have a bad alternator.

Not sure if this works on led lights. The better option would be to use a voltmeter to check (but that takes some technical/electrical knowledge).

12yo wish. Aircon only cold when stepping on accelerator. Changed fan, topped up gas, checked pressure. Next compressor issue?

KevinLevrone

Reaction score
Just guessing might be alternator going out.

Turn on your headlights with high beam and tap on the accelerator slightly with engine on. If the lights get brighter when you hit the accelerator (car at park/neutral), you likely have a bad alternator.

Not sure if this works on led lights. The better option would be to use a voltmeter to check (but that takes some technical/electrical knowledge).

Tried. Looks ok. Same brightness

Gerald1408

Reaction score
Hi All,
Can anyone care to share any honest workshop that familiar with Korean Cars?
Mine is Hyundai Avante. Year 2011.
Left 11mths to go. But, high chance might renew Coe.
Thus, thing of changing all suspensions. And my rear power windows not working well. Sld be faulty already.
Will be staying over ag KSL for a weekend next week etc.
thurs, thinking of doing it in JB If can save a lot.
Hope for some sincere advises and recommendations.
Thanks a lot.

SuperSprint

Reaction score
Hi All,
Thus, thing of changing all suspensions. And my rear power windows not working well. Sld be faulty already.
Thanks a lot.

Can try go SK1 Auto

69, JALAN ROSMERAH 2/3, TAMAN JOHOR JAYA JOHOR JAYA, 81100 Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia

Korean car expert near thebrown.
Genuine parts used and price is cheap compare to sg.

For alignment and change of tryes, can go nearby this ws NYK auto Service.
Got sell rims and good price also.

For bodykits or spray paint nearby also have, can try arashi areodynamics.

All within 5mins drive.

I have start to frequent this area then to go CC etc.
price is much cheaper as compare to other areas.

UltraWoman

Reaction score
now we know ah yuan need chicken rice. no wonder last time i go super black face

i remembered someone here saying the culture in MY workshop is "If whatever parts is working, wont change"

after visiting Ah Yuan and another JB workshop, and also visiting local workshops.

seems like this saying is true.

Ah Yuan also ownself tell me, 如果会走我们通常是不换的, aka if its moving we usually wont change it

whereas a local workshop will tell me my radiator left how long estimated, my belt left how long before it goes boom...and will suggest I change it.

I quote an example, my water pump is leaking abit and Ah Yuan doing servicing did not even tell me need change, until I found out myself and local workshop confirming it.

generally I feel like doing general servicing in JB is like they just change the EO, fill coolant and super generic checks only.

liquidh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But if you tell them to change. They will gladly do it.

i remembered someone here saying the culture in MY workshop is "If whatever parts is working, wont change"

after visiting Ah Yuan and another JB workshop, and also visiting local workshops.

Ah Yuan also ownself tell me, 如果会走我们通常是不换的, aka if its moving we usually wont change it

whereas a local workshop will tell me my radiator left how long estimated, my belt left how long before it goes boom...and will suggest I change it.

I quote an example, my water pump is leaking abit and Ah Yuan doing servicing did not even tell me need change, until I found out myself and local workshop confirming it.

generally I feel like doing general servicing in JB is like they just change the EO, fill coolant and super generic checks only.

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Correct. Thats the workshop culture over the North. Unless after road test, they would offer for consideration if not safety concern stuffs, they would suggest change during next servicing.

Unlike in sg workshops, many nowadays would follow closely to the mileage of the ride.

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

If you had topped up gas before, means there is somewhere leakage oredi. AC system is a closed system.

I go to Sheng Auto for my air con issues. They are accessories shop but Jackson is skillful when coming to air con.
Previously, mine was air con not cold only caught in traffic jam. Before Sheng Auto, went to one quite popular shop in this thread, they checked and can't find any problem. Pressure is good, compressor ok. No leakage found.
Same day, went to Sheng Auto for 2nd opinion. Wah lau eh, he just added some rubber cushion round the condenser sides to better seal and direct air through the condenser else some air might escape thru the sides during fan running.
Caught in a jam during returning SG, some more hot day.
Surprisingly, air con still cold all the way until clear custom. lolz
Until today, air con still cold cold during jam.
Mine is a 11yo boleh land Myvi...

Last edited:

Gerald1408

Reaction score
Can try go SK1 Auto

69, JALAN ROSMERAH 2/3, TAMAN JOHOR JAYA JOHOR JAYA, 81100 Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia

All within 5mins drive.

Thank u very much for ur input!

Catboy

Reaction score
Can try go SK1 Auto

All within 5mins drive.

Mind sharing what are some of the servicing u did before and the charges? Thanks in advance

Catboy

Reaction score
Hi All,
Thanks a lot.

FYI, i renew my coe too for Avante and bought shock absorber, shock mounting, bushing, stabilizer links & dust cover for front & rear to replace in the north. Please note, only the rear stabilizer link needs replacement after 90,000+ km for me. Surprisingly, all the rest dun need replacement yet! Also, try swapping your big suspension springs, swap left with right side at the same time.

liquidh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Which workshop did you go to?

FYI, i renew my coe too for Avante and bought shock absorber, shock mounting, bushing, stabilizer links & dust cover for front & rear to replace in the north. Please note, only the rear stabilizer link needs replacement after 90,000+ km for me. Surprisingly, all the rest dun need replacement yet! Also, try swapping your big suspension springs, swap left with right side at the same time.

Gerald1408

Reaction score

Wow.
Thanks for sharing.
Yes. Care to share which workshop n how much? And also the down time they took etc?
Thanks!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.