Samsung Galaxy S20: News and Discussions

prataboy666

Reaction score
To be honest the pricing is so ridiculous I am seriously thinking of getting the LG V50 or maybe even the V60. The hardware might not be as great as the S20 series but it seems good enough especially based on Alex Hong's V50 review. I only use my phone mainly for browsing, streaming podcast and the occasional games.

I avoid Chinese smartphone brands because I feel that we shouldn't be giving too much business to Chinese companies if we can help it.

Last edited:

Momentumm

Master Member
Reaction score
I am now thinking of canceling my S20 Ultra LOL. But then again can sell the buds for $210 and use it to offset for the phone..

OutBreak

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To be honest the pricing is so ridiculous I am seriously thinking of getting the LG V50 or maybe even the V60. The hardware might not be as great as the S20 series but it seems good enough especially based on Alex Hong's V50 review. I only use my phone mainly for browsing, streaming podcast and the occasional games.

I avoid Chinese smartphone brands because I feel that we shouldn't be giving too much business to Chinese companies if we can help it.

What wrong with China smartphone? Don't need to get political over a phone. :s13:

malaikai2005

Reaction score
282197671a903bc4b4166793e57c437e1913d856.jpg

Excited ....... :s12::s12:

prataboy666

Reaction score
What wrong with China smartphone? Don't need to get political over a phone. :s13:

No lah not politcal. Personally been ****ed over by Ah Tiongs quife a few times. So its personal. Anyway tiong software always got some weird quirks also

Advancer

Master Member
Reaction score
I am looking to buy the Galaxy buds plus at $160 from whoever doesn't need it. Pls pm me.
Preferably can collect by tmr.

animeonegai

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Android authority antutu score on sd 865 is 547,698. Phone arena antutu on exynos is 524,200... its time to get lg or phone with expendable memory.

myhealthychoice

Reaction score
Every iteration of the S series introduces speed bump, it doesn’t really matter to me if it is slower than SD 865, as long as it is faster than the previous generation SD 855, it is good enough for me. In fact, a lag of 1 or 2 secs is minor. If really want a brazing fast experience, you shouldn’t go for Android, go for iPhone instead. Speed tests of previous year iPhone consistently reveals better performance over the latest Samsung flagship.

I hesitated to move over to other brands because OneUI and 120Hz refresh rate are the key killer features for me. Next, is the sense of gripping the phone, it makes me feel that I am in control (talking about form factor of S20 plus, it is comfortable to hold a phone with such big screen) and then it is the higher resale value of Samsung phones as compared to the other Android smartphones in SG. I had tried replacing my iPhone Max with S10 plus but I didn’t manage to get success because of various factors - the screen size, the butterly smooth experience when swiping, the familiar left, right and up gestures of iOS. OneUI is simply marvellous, if not, better. It is still to be seen on whether I can totally get rid of my urge to go back to the iPhone.

I feel that if you are a frequent smartphone changer, you shouldn’t go for export set. It will be harder to sell later, not to mention fetch higher price than the local set. People want warranty. The longer the warranty, the better selling price you get.

Last edited:

gapboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i dont think i will use 120Hz and strain the battery even .. 60 Hz is good enough for average users.

A little difference in CPU speed from past gen and current gen will be good enough for average users too...

Glariel

Banned
Reaction score
I don’t mind Exynos, I tested gaming on my Note10+ and it’s fine. No lag or whatsoever. What pissed me off is that Samsung didn’t release 256 / 512 GB in SG which result in me not getting the phone at launch.

It’s true iPhone is better in terms of speed and performance, that’s why my main phone is iPhone instead of Samsung.

Even for the Tab S6, I will get 256 GB instead of the 128GB.

Every iteration of the S series introduces speed bump, it doesn’t really matter to me if it is slower than SD 865, as long as it is faster than the previous generation SD 855, it is good enough for me. In fact, a lag of 1 or 2 secs is minor. If really want a brazing fast experience, you shouldn’t go for Android, go for iPhone instead. Speed tests of previous year iPhone consistently reveals better performance over the latest Samsung flagship.

I hesitated to move over to other brands because OneUI and 120Hz refresh rate are the key killer features for me. Next, is the sense of gripping the phone, it makes me feel that I am in control (talking about form factor of S20 plus, it is comfortable to hold a phone with such big screen) and then it is the higher resale value of Samsung phones as compared to the other Android smartphones in SG. I had tried replacing my iPhone Max with S10 plus but I didn’t manage to get success because of various factors - the screen size, the butterly smooth experience when swiping, the familiar left, right and up gestures of iOS. OneUI is simply marvellous, if not, better. It is still to be seen on whether I can totally get rid of my urge to go back to the iPhone.

I feel that if you are a frequent smartphone changer, you shouldn’t go for export set. It will be harder to sell later, not to mention fetch higher price than the local set. People want warranty. The longer the warranty, the better selling price you get.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.