Samsung Galaxy S20: News and Discussions

kuma-mon

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i dont think i will use 120Hz and strain the battery even .. 60 Hz is good enough for average users.

A little difference in CPU speed from past gen and current gen will be good enough for average users too...

Many people once try 120hz and never go back to 60hz. U will feel the phone is slow after that. Same goes for oled screen, if go back lcd screen will see colours not vibrant anymore

Posted from PCWX using iPhone12,5

athenodorus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Many people once try 120hz and never go back to 60hz. U will feel the phone is slow after that. Same goes for oled screen, if go back lcd screen will see colours not vibrant anymore

hope the can find a solution (not just doing shortcut by increasing battery capacity) to make phone last longer with higher refresh rate and 5g being the trend soon.

Last edited:

KeYoKe

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Android authority antutu score on sd 865 is 547,698. Phone arena antutu on exynos is 524,200... its time to get lg or phone with expendable memory.

Although score is higher then even sd855 on the exynos 990

But...

prataboy666

Reaction score
Does anyone knows if the demo S20/S20 Ultra sets have 120hz turned on? I tried it and I cannot really see that much difference.

rabbit1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does anyone knows if the demo S20/S20 Ultra sets have 120hz turned on? I tried it and I cannot really see that much difference.

You have to turn it on. Really have significant difference. S20 suddenly as smooth as iphone

kyleongwl

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Collected my S20U
There is no software update (suppose tonhave one that improves camera...) will check the version
So far, seems well (except its big)

rabbit1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Collected my S20U
There is no software update (suppose tonhave one that improves camera...) will check the version
So far, seems well (except its big)

Because you have the Singapore set. Update comes to Singapore rarely because of extensive modem tuning.

gapboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

sure agree on the screen type .. :)

I am sure there are sw tweaks here and then, been using samsung phones quite sometime the sw update are quite good

animeonegai

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Every iteration of the S series introduces speed bump, it doesn’t really matter to me if it is slower than SD 865, as long as it is faster than the previous generation SD 855, it is good enough for me. In fact, a lag of 1 or 2 secs is minor. If really want a brazing fast experience, you shouldn’t go for Android, go for iPhone instead. Speed tests of previous year iPhone consistently reveals better performance over the latest Samsung flagship.

I hesitated to move over to other brands because OneUI and 120Hz refresh rate are the key killer features for me. Next, is the sense of gripping the phone, it makes me feel that I am in control (talking about form factor of S20 plus, it is comfortable to hold a phone with such big screen) and then it is the higher resale value of Samsung phones as compared to the other Android smartphones in SG. I had tried replacing my iPhone Max with S10 plus but I didn’t manage to get success because of various factors - the screen size, the butterly smooth experience when swiping, the familiar left, right and up gestures of iOS. OneUI is simply marvellous, if not, better. It is still to be seen on whether I can totally get rid of my urge to go back to the iPhone.

I feel that if you are a frequent smartphone changer, you shouldn’t go for export set. It will be harder to sell later, not to mention fetch higher price than the local set. People want warranty. The longer the warranty, the better selling price you get.
You pay the ultra price. You expect the ultra performance. What for buy it knowing full well that it is not the ultra performance? Knowingly getting short change, i rather go for other flagship phones.

final1

Master Member
Reaction score
waiting for ppl to dump their ultra.

haha launch day buyers of the ultra are samsung fans with deeper pockets.
Unlikely they will dump it so fast unless they are just recontract sellers
Anyhow, phone upgrading is an annual thing for some people.

Speaking of which, time for me to upgrade too.
So, letting go of my mint condition Samsung S10 (Hong Kong set, snapdragon 855, dual sim, prism green). Warranty still left a few days so might as well take as none left.

Anyone interested, PM me haha. I am looking at $800 or so.

Last edited:

Ye_Rongtian

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

So, letting go of my mint condition Samsung S10 (Hong Kong set, snapdragon 855, dual sim, prism green). Warranty still left a few days so might as well take as none left.

LOL. $750 can buy a brand new exynos set with 1 year warranty.

Computeron

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

carousell, got 1 dumping this sat at 1,550. he collecting today, but want to play till sat. then dump on sat.
quite a gd deal.

final1

Master Member
Reaction score
carousell, got 1 dumping this sat at 1,550. he collecting today, but want to play till sat. then dump on sat.
quite a gd deal.

You mean buy it for the purpose of wanting to play with it for a few days for fun and then take a loss of $300? Salute sia....

KeYoKe

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

how old is your set sia

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.