What's the best airline to fly to London?

Caesar

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

What's your take on the best airline to fly to London?

Tks! 😊

Avizoa

Reaction score
the cheapest one is the best one unless you are looking for experience?

newuserid

Reaction score
emirates, cheaper than sq but need to stopover at dubai for 2+ hrs. can grab a shake shack before re-boarding

MaoZeDuo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just flew with Qatar, stop over at Doha... Good experience except that one of my hard shell luggage had a large dent in... No other complaints...

rs13dude78

Reaction score
Best Airline to fly from Singapore to London will of course be SIA. No need to waste time transit and especially if you have young children.

Ticket are selling for under $1k from SIA Promo during August 2019 for traveling next year. Just look out for Promo again to get those cheap tickets.

Last edited:

joannerockzxc

Reaction score
I flew a couple of airlines before, and I like Turkish best. Its a 11hrs+4hrs leg so 1st leg = sleep and 2nd leg can enjoy movies and eat before landing at LHR. Use the transit time to walk around and rest before continuing the journey. If you want a seamless direct journey, you can choose SQ. If you want a 7hr+7hr flight time then you can choose Emirates. It really depends on your preference, and if you are travelling with any young or old. Otherwise, it would depend on how much you want to pay, and how long are you willing to sit.

emo3lmo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I like Qatar but you can't use them currently. :(

Why not ah? I got upcoming trip with them this coming week to london
Sian now considering to cancel the trip
Is the people there v hostile to tourist? Asian in general?
Knn we got the same skin as prc.. scare kena targeted

hithere1

Reaction score
Why not ah? I got upcoming trip with them this coming week to london
Sian now considering to cancel the trip
Is the people there v hostile to tourist? Asian in general?
Knn we got the same skin as prc.. scare kena targeted

would like to know too, for my trip in late march

punggolkid

Reaction score
Since no one has mentioned, I’d like to recommend British Airways. It’s a non-stop flight to LHR and I really like the comfort of their economy class / premium economy class seats. If possible, choose the economy class seats on the A380 upper deck. Alternatively the economy class seats on the 777-300ER are the same and just as good. Depends on which aircraft type you like to fly. Both are spacious but the A380 is a lot quieter. Catering is decent but then again SQ isn’t that fantastic these days so not really a point for comparison.

Weak points: IFE isn’t as good as Krisworld on SQ. Toiletries are non-existent in the economy class cabin unlike SQ.

Then again, BA fares are often cheaper than SQ for the 11pm red eye flights to LHR.

yxerin

Reaction score
would like to know too, for my trip in late march

I'm based in London. So far, nobody seems to be outwardly bothered about coronavirus. Nobody is wearing masks, and sanitisers are readily available and well-stocked in the pharmacies. I haven't heard or seen hostile behaviour towards tourists. If there's hostile behaviour, it's more likely to be usual London behaviour (e.g. a tsk if you block other people on the escalators) rather than specific behaviour towards tourists.

It's business as usual. Chinatown continues to as vibrant as always. Perhaps things might change if the virus starts spreading throughout the community.

hithere1

Reaction score
I'm based in London. So far, nobody seems to be outwardly bothered about coronavirus. Nobody is wearing masks, and sanitisers are readily available and well-stocked in the pharmacies. I haven't heard or seen hostile behaviour towards tourists. If there's hostile behaviour, it's more likely to be usual London behaviour (e.g. a tsk if you block other people on the escalators) rather than specific behaviour towards tourists.

It's business as usual. Chinatown continues to as vibrant as always. Perhaps things might change if the virus starts spreading throughout the community.

Thank you for sharing this, reassures me to hear that

hithere1

Reaction score
Since no one has mentioned, I’d like to recommend British Airways. It’s a non-stop flight to LHR and I really like the comfort of their economy class / premium economy class seats. If possible, choose the economy class seats on the A380 upper deck. Alternatively the economy class seats on the 777-300ER are the same and just as good. Depends on which aircraft type you like to fly. Both are spacious but the A380 is a lot quieter. Catering is decent but then again SQ isn’t that fantastic these days so not really a point for comparison.

Weak points: IFE isn’t as good as Krisworld on SQ. Toiletries are non-existent in the economy class cabin unlike SQ.

Then again, BA fares are often cheaper than SQ for the 11pm red eye flights to LHR.

Had past experience with BA12 A380, no complains, works for me

For a direct flight to LHR, I've been looking at BA and SQ, and BA is usually 30-40% cheaper

side note: With BA's recent cut in frequency on the SIN-LHR route, my A380 flight as been cancelled and will need to change my flight to the 777. Would you recommend any seats in particular? Am concerned with the noise and the amount of sleep I can get in

emo3lmo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Ahh thats good
Heading over to edinburgh in 3 days time and making my way down to london from there.. hope all is well

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.