Protein g/kg bodyweight

zmallwood

Reaction score
Hey all, looking to bulk up slightly after a long period of cardio. Wondering how much grams of protein / kg of bodyweight I should take.

I eat mostly vegs with 2 eggs per day, any advice on how much grams of protein powder I should supplement with?

Aizenhart

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You can start by knowing your TDEE first.
https://damnripped.com/tdee-calculator/

From there you can try adjusting your protein intake, to see how it affects your weight gain.

This video might help you judge how much protein you need to consume.

Use both information from the video, and TDEE calculator to help you with your weight gain journey.

All the best.

Tony_Chua

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
2.2g/kg lean muscle. means if you weigh 60kg with 20% body fat, 106g protein per day. 2 eggs are like 12g protein :s22:

dont rely on protein powder. eat real foods instead.

poorboii

Master Member
Reaction score
for weight gaining, how much carbs and protein shld we consume? (% wise)

Valour94

Reaction score
Hey all, looking to bulk up slightly after a long period of cardio. Wondering how much grams of protein / kg of bodyweight I should take.

I eat mostly vegs with 2 eggs per day, any advice on how much grams of protein powder I should supplement with?

Hi! Do you consume other protein throughout the day as well? To gain weight you will need to look at your overall caloric intake and expenditure. If your intake>expenditure, you will gain weight and vice versa. If you don't eat much meat, you can go for tofus and nuts for protein as well. There is a recommendation below but you can experiment by keeping a food log as there are variations between individuals. You can then supplement with protein powder to hit your daily intake.

Tony_Chua

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for weight gaining, how much carbs and protein shld we consume? (% wise)

do not use %. use 2.2g per kg for protein, the rest of calories for carb, 1g per kg for fat, etc.

depends on what body type your body is.

factor of maintenance calories is
if you are ectomorph, use x17
if mesomorph, use x15
if endomorph, use x13

maintenance calories = your body weight in kg x 2.2 x factor
weight gain calories = maintenance calories + 300 to 500 calories
protein intake = 1g x [your body weight in kg x 2.2 x (100% - your body fat in %)]
carbs intake = (weight gain calories - protein calories - fat intake) / 4

Hot_Dog

Master Member
Reaction score
ectomorph: just take lots of sweet stuffs, bananas, chocolate bars, ice-cream, colas, chocolate milk etc... confirm bulk up in no time:s13: sugar is important.:s12:

Dannlimm

Reaction score
I always use Optimum Nutrition protein powder and it's honestly the best in terms of taste for me la. Results not too bad also, I can defo see a difference in my build after eating it religiously as a supplement (and of course working out) for the past few months. If you are looking for good deals, Shopee has an official store and their deals are quite legit. I always get from there. Tmrw got some fair, I saw while shopping for other stuff lolllolll. If not its iherb but that one has quite a lot of shipping fee.

princelester

Reaction score
In human physical efficiency, the concept comparable to TWR is called the strength-to-weight ratio (SWR). 1 It compares muscle (not fat) to a person's overall body weight. And muscle, unlike fat, is active and easy to measure, since significant changes in muscle mass are reflected by significant changes in strength.

princelester

Reaction score
I always use Optimum Nutrition protein powder and it's honestly the best in terms of taste for me la. Results not too bad also, I can defo see a difference in my build after eating it religiously as a supplement (and of course working out) for the past few months. If you are looking for good deals, Shopee has an official store and their deals are quite legit. I always get from there. Tmrw got some fair, I saw while shopping for other stuff lolllolll. If not its iherb but that one has quite a lot of shipping fee.

All you need to do is divide your body weight in kilograms by your height in meters squared, according to the Centers for Disease Control. While it's useful for some things, BMI isn't made for measuring a muscle-to-fat ratio. You'll need a slightly more specific measurement for that. :0 :)

princelester

Reaction score
do not use %. use 2.2g per kg for protein, the rest of calories for carb, 1g per kg for fat, etc.

depends on what body type your body is.

factor of maintenance calories is
if you are ectomorph, use x17
if mesomorph, use x15
if endomorph, use x13

maintenance calories = your body weight in kg x 2.2 x factor
weight gain calories = maintenance calories + 300 to 500 calories
protein intake = 1g x [your body weight in kg x 2.2 x (100% - your body fat in %)]
carbs intake = (weight gain calories - protein calories - fat intake) / 4

Good points here - As we age, we lose muscle mass and gain fat mass, but the max “healthy” fat mass for men & women is in the range of 26% to 30%. Above that range and the health community defines a person as obese. Ideal muscle to fat ratio depends on many factors like age, sex, etc. :)

lewisohdy

Reaction score
Its gunna be extremely tiring to count every gram of protein.

Checkout Athlean-X's video on this. just portion your plate properly and the macros will work the way they should. ive been going at that method for 3 months and went from 23% to 15% body fat, 48kg to 52kg lean muscle mass.

it works.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.