[OFFICIAL] LG V50

Ah Ken

Reaction score
Hi owners of V50, any idea what is the best deals to purchase V50s? I see the price on Qoo10 is at $887 right now.

jimmyljm

Reaction score
For V50S users, do you notice that the 4G will change to 3G whenever there is a call coming in? the VoLTE doesnt seem to be working. and calls dropped pretty often.

berber

Master Member
Reaction score
Those who used this phone hw is the battery life?
Battery life is pretty good, rated 96h endurance by gsmarena (in comparison S10+ scored 91h). Based on my personal usage i could squeeze out ~6h screen on time (the mileage will vary based on your usage habit).

Mng85

Reaction score
Battery life is pretty good, rated 96h endurance by gsmarena (in comparison S10+ scored 91h). Based on my personal usage i could squeeze out ~6h screen on time (the mileage will vary based on your usage habit).

Nice! I assume thats without the dual screen attached right?

prataboy666

Reaction score
I am wondering how responsive is the overall phone? I just tried the V40 at a Singtel shop (I don't know why it is still there) and it lags quite abit and screen is not as good as my S8 Plus.

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
With the android 10 update and new LG UX, it's better than it was for me. Feels smoother and a bit more responsive. Though screen quality wise, I don't think it looks as good as amsung panels still.

I am wondering how responsive is the overall phone? I just tried the V40 at a Singtel shop (I don't know why it is still there) and it lags quite abit and screen is not as good as my S8 Plus.

prataboy666

Reaction score
With the android 10 update and new LG UX, it's better than it was for me. Feels smoother and a bit more responsive. Though screen quality wise, I don't think it looks as good as amsung panels still.

Thanks for replying! Your V50 video did convince me to seriously consider the V50. How does the V50 panels compare to the S8? I feel that the S8 panel is good enough for me.

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's been quite a long time since I've seen an S8 though, so can't say for sure. For me the panel on the v50 looks fine, but not outstanding. Though my only slight concern is with QC, especially when it comes to uneven tint. I think it's less common for their V series devices (since they might be using better panels), but for Pixel devices with LG screens, I've gotten uneven tint on Pixel 2XL, Pixel 3 (I've own a couple, and most of them has varying degrees of uneven tint), and even Pixel 4 (very very slight). That said, I'm more fussy than most in this regard.

But overall considering the price of the phone (qoo10 export set when there is coupon available), it's a pretty good deal imo. SD855 with expandable storage, 4,000mah battery, best in class 3.5mm, IP rating, wireless charging, best ultrawide camera quality I've used so far, and the rest of the phone is somewhat decent too in most regards.

That said, there are some risk involved getting export set still. Also for Korea unit, you have to deal with se of their bloatware that can't be removed, and there is a Korean clock on the lock screen too. :/

Thanks for replying! Your V50 video did convince me to seriously consider the V50. How does the V50 panels compare to the S8? I feel that the S8 panel is good enough for me.

prataboy666

Reaction score
It's been quite a long time since I've seen an S8 though, so can't say for sure. For me the panel on the v50 looks fine, but not outstanding. Though my only slight concern is with QC, especially when it comes to uneven tint. I think it's less common for their V series devices (since they might be using better panels), but for Pixel devices with LG screens, I've gotten uneven tint on Pixel 2XL, Pixel 3 (I've own a couple, and most of them has varying degrees of uneven tint), and even Pixel 4 (very very slight). That said, I'm more fussy than most in this regard.

But overall considering the price of the phone (qoo10 export set when there is coupon available), it's a pretty good deal imo. SD855 with expandable storage, 4,000mah battery, best in class 3.5mm, IP rating, wireless charging, best ultrawide camera quality I've used so far, and the rest of the phone is somewhat decent too in most regards.

That said, there are some risk involved getting export set still. Also for Korea unit, you have to deal with se of their bloatware that can't be removed, and there is a Korean clock on the lock screen too. :/

Noted! thanks for replying! I am quite ok with the drawbacks.The $400 ish price is just too tempting haha

Shdwfalcon

Banned
Reaction score
Beats the S8 in almost every manner.

Can't trust demo units. Fresh android sets will always feel snappy.

Those who used this phone hw is the battery life?
Solid. With only heavy whatsapp, and some chrome surfing + GAGT + phone calls + lazada (which drains battery at an alarming rate for me), I ended the day (7am to 11pm) with just above 70% battery. Running android 10, no duel screen, face ID only when screen is on.

Running both duel screen and camera (main screen camera and secondary screen quickpic preview) do, however, drain battery at an alarming rate. I pulled that off from 75% to 30% within 2 hours.
Otherwise, normal duel screen don't really drain that fast. If you plug the duel screen on, tye main screen lowers its resolution to be same as the secondary screen, so in some ways it accidently somehow "save" a wee bit of battery.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.