The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Good afternoon,
Have you contacted the shop?
Does the details of your prescription matched that on the card too?
If not, you can always head back to check with the shop.

hi guys,

anyone knows how to verify whether a hoya lense is real or fake?

I entered the order number from the quality card given by the shop, it said invalid order number.

Am i kena conned?

https://oms.hoya.com.my/VerifyProduct

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks will check it out. Chinatown rental quite high though, wondering if they can really keep prices down

If rental is high and still can keep prices down then dont expect the quality to be that high lor.

Eileen007

Reaction score
I am looking for somewhere to make my specs.

Previously, I have made my specs at owndays but i find that the yellow hue for their PC lens is too much. When I take photos, i can see the lens are yellow in color. In the past when I made PC lens at other shops, this won't happen.

Any shops in the west to recommend that I can make specs at the same price point ~$280 for 1.67 index, PC lens?

TUV2008

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I want to buy a Lindberg frame. Went to Paris Miki but the people there really arrogant.

Anyone know who is the distributor I can buy direct?

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
I believe you can head down to Jamco at Katong. Really nice and knowledgeable staff.
Will be able to answer your queries too.

I want to buy a Lindberg frame. Went to Paris Miki but the people there really arrogant.

Anyone know who is the distributor I can buy direct?

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
You can consider dropping by Mr eyewear at West Mall Bukit Batok.

Previously, I have made my specs at owndays but i find that the yellow hue for their PC lens is too much. When I take photos, i can see the lens are yellow in color. In the past when I made PC lens at other shops, this won't happen.

Any shops in the west to recommend that I can make specs at the same price point ~$280 for 1.67 index, PC lens?

TUV2008

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I know that shop, but the one I am looking at is the new range not sure if it is available there.

I believe you can head down to Jamco at Katong. Really nice and knowledgeable staff.
Will be able to answer your queries too.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
They should have the RiM series. Maybe you can give them a call to check. But if not, they can always order it for you.
Any particular model name you are looking for e.g. Jackie, Max?

What is MOF? I am interested with one of the air titanium rim.

stylechap

Master Member
Reaction score
They have the air titanium rim at the old shop

World difference how they treated the frame, i went to another shop :)

twinbaby

Master Member
Reaction score
i always got headache after using phone and computer for very long. How can I prevent.

TUV2008

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To my surprise they do have the one I want. Thank you for sharing.

They should have the RiM series. Maybe you can give them a call to check. But if not, they can always order it for you.
Any particular model name you are looking for e.g. Jackie, Max?

Reaction score
i always got headache after using phone and computer for very long. How can I prevent.

hi bro,

There are couple of possible reasons that could cause the headaches.
Wrong degree, wrong PD, extraocular muscle issues. I'ld suggest dropping by your usual optical stall to check whats the underlying issue :)

Reaction score

Hi bro,

We have Tokai Lutina, the lens material absorbs up to 94% HEV (Blue) light & does not have a reflective coating.
you may consider dropping by our Teck Whye branch to have a look :)

TUV2008

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I want to share my experience in making my new lens recently.

I have two pair of progressive. One from ownday and one from nanyang. Of course you can guess the one from nanyang will cost lots more. But after using both I found the comfort level of Ownday is better than the more expensive one made by nanyang, supposedly one of the old timer in SG.

Recently I wanted to make a third pair and I went to one shop which my family used to go, the boss is quite a trustworthy person. After he tested my eyes and the two pairs I have, he concluded that both are over power.

By over power I can see far distance very clear but mid range not clear. Instead he adjust for me downward to get a clear mid range and still maintain a reasonably good focus for far range.

He said that is a common mistake people make by over powered the lens for far distance and making it uncomfortable for more practical mid range use.

Any exports view here?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.