Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 36

Status
Not open for further replies.

sCuzzZy

Reaction score
Yup, when we lost against i forgot who in the back end of last season. He came out and publicly say a lot of players have played their last games for Utd blah blah blah.

Fast forward to now, players like Young, Sanchez, Chris Mike,Lukaku, Valencia?, Rojo and forgot who else were sold. While the likes of 1415, Mata, Matic, JONES are still around. JONES, how is he still a footballer alongside 1415 shows how far Manchester United has fallen. But did Utd improve? Honestly no.

Some may say Ole no choice, Ed don’t want to splash the cash etc etc. BUT, Ole is the one that chooses the team week in week out. I don’t believe there are no better footballers in the reserves than 1415. No better defender than Jones. So honestly, no matter if Ole wins the FA Cup or Europa(very far fetch), he still have to go. He has no balls to drop players who are not performing, but week in week out during press conference threaten here and there but come matchday, still plays them. Promoting mediocrity

By your logic so we should get rid of 11 first team players with top tier english league and european experience and replacing them with 5/6 youngsters whom YOU think is better then that aforementioned 11.

I hope you'll be the first one to stand up and applause Ole for his titanium balls when he does that and we ended up 10th and out of all the cup competitions by christmas.

That would be lovely. hey, at least the manager has big balls right?

thenakedshades

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Which part of my reply says we should get rid of 11 first team players? Come, tell me.

By your logic so we should get rid of 11 first team players with top tier english league and european experience and replacing them with 5/6 youngsters whom YOU think is better then that aforementioned 11.

I hope you'll be the first one to stand up and applause Ole for his titanium balls when he does that and we ended up 10th and out of all the cup competitions by christmas.

That would be lovely. hey, at least the manager has big balls right?

Yellowfin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
As United fans, they should not abuse United player regardless how badly he play.

I thought ABU then like to abuse United players.

sCuzzZy

Reaction score
Which part of my reply says we should get rid of 11 first team players? Come, tell me.

"Fast forward to now, players like Young, Sanchez, Chris Mike,Lukaku, Valencia?, Rojo and forgot who else were sold. While the likes of 1415, Mata, Matic, JONES are still around. JONES, how is he still a footballer alongside 1415 shows how far Manchester United has fallen"

Weren't you referring to the first few names you mentioned good transfers out? I should think so. they were pretty much useless and taking up wages only, maybe bar Lukaku. adding on to the next sentence that's 11 names thereabouts.

thenakedshades

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Did I mentioned the first few names are good transfer out? I mentioned the names that were out but not all were good transfers out. I would think the likes of Lukaku, Chris Mike and maybe Rojo should deserve to be here. As compared to the likes of 1415 and Jones.

We could sit here and debate till kingdom come. But the matter of fact is, Ole chooses the team to start, but his inability to drop players and play youth is what irks me.

So what if the 1415 and Jones have “top tier english/European” experience? You think Garner, Chong or Mengi(he seems solid as **) will perform any worse than the likes of your so called “top tier” experience?

"Fast forward to now, players like Young, Sanchez, Chris Mike,Lukaku, Valencia?, Rojo and forgot who else were sold. While the likes of 1415, Mata, Matic, JONES are still around. JONES, how is he still a footballer alongside 1415 shows how far Manchester United has fallen"

Weren't you referring to the first few names you mentioned good transfers out? I should think so. they were pretty much useless and taking up wages only, maybe bar Lukaku. adding on to the next sentence that's 11 names thereabouts.

stam

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Did I mentioned the first few names are good transfer out? I mentioned the names that were out but not all were good transfers out. I would think the likes of Lukaku, Chris Mike and maybe Rojo should deserve to be here. As compared to the likes of 1415 and Jones.

We could sit here and debate till kingdom come. But the matter of fact is, Ole chooses the team to start, but his inability to drop players and play youth is what irks me.

So what if the 1415 and Jones have “top tier english/European” experience? You think Garner, Chong or Mengi(he seems solid as **) will perform any worse than the likes of your so called “top tier” experience?

I think most likely no people wanna buy those players and also high salary. Eg Sanchez Rojo can only loan out.

Dispose off too many players will also affect squad numbers.

spykid

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hopefully our players recover well. City have an extra day rest. KDB apparently struggling to be fit

Beat City and it’ll be a good week. Very tempting to see Odion up top with Martial on the left. He’s in good form and you cannot drop players in good form

Ottoke

Reaction score
NEXT MANCHESTER UNITED FIXTURE

9 March 2020, Monday

Premier League 2019/20
12.30am - Manchester United vs Manchester City [MUNMCI]
mio Stadium 102 (Singtel TV Channel 102, StarHub TV Channel 227)

sCuzzZy

Reaction score

Well Lukaku wanted to leave and Chris is always just gonna be a back up. And Jones is just unwanted so.. there's that.

For the kids, I'm not sure whether they can't be any worst but so far they aren't any better. neither Gomes nor Chong is shouting out to be played regularly based on their performances anyway.

Manager plays the better performing youth then is because he had no better options. how convenient.

And back to my earlier point, if he does that, but we finished 10th. Would that be really okay for you?

Fact is we are still in the fight and are still in two cup competitions. Are you saying if we played the youth like you are demanding we'll be fighting citeh for 2nd? Probably not.

All you've been contributing is relentless negative sentiments about our own manager. Even a win can't be enjoyed as the next thing you'll say is some stuff about "oh someone's hurt, will the loveboys aka 1415 be starting next week", every single game.

But alright this is the Internet. and you are fully entitled to your opinion. and so does everyone else. So this is just silly.

Im just gonna leave you to it and be hopeful that one day you can just enjoy a win as its supposed to be. Maybe with all the
youths as you have so wished.

oh btw, pretty sure I heard there's offer for 1415 so that's great news for you.

thenakedshades

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For the kids, I'm not sure whether they can't be any worst but so far they aren't any better. neither Gomes nor Chong is shouting out to be played regularly based on their performances anyway.

Manager plays the better performing youth then is because he had no better options. how convenient.

And back to my earlier point, if he does that, but we finished 10th. Would that be really okay for you?

I agree so far given the limited outings, these youths are not taking their chances, but how many minutes are they given? 10-15mins per 2-3 games? Usually they are being thrown in when the game is already in the bag. So how impressive can they be?

How do you know if we play the youths regularly who will finish 10th? Based on the "contribution" of his 2 lovechild, actually they play or don't play also no difference, they are a waste of space:)

Fact is we are still in the fight and are still in two cup competitions. Are you saying if we played the youth like you are demanding we'll be fighting citeh for 2nd? Probably not.

Then when Ole plays the so called "English/European top tier" experienced players, are we remotely close to 2nd? Definitely not.

All you've been contributing is relentless negative sentiments about our own manager. Even a win can't be enjoyed as the next thing you'll say is some stuff about "oh someone's hurt, will the loveboys aka 1415 be starting next week", every single game.

But alright this is the Internet. and you are fully entitled to your opinion. and so does everyone else. So this is just silly.

Im just gonna leave you to it and be hopeful that one day you can just enjoy a win as its supposed to be. Maybe with all the
youths as you have so wished.

oh btw, pretty sure I heard there's offer for 1415 so that's great news for you.

So you are actually very happy that we win against the likes of Derby and Brugge but draw against the likes of Everton and lose against Burnley (which is more important), you are happy and should be contented that the manager comes out on press conference to say some players have played their last game or saying be serious or be gone. But come match day, he still chooses them to start/on bench. Really?

Maybe when this manager can produce a string of good performance or start breaking down teams who gives him the majority of possession then you will see me producing ultra positive sentiments :s12:

oh btw, pretty sure this club haven't fallen to such low heights to be producing positive sentiments to wins against Derby or Tranmere, but I might be wrong.

AristDing

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think when OGS put out that big balls statement, I was expecting mediocre players like Martial/Lingard etc to be lesser involved.

Instead we let go of players who were already at the end of the careers and lost good players like Herrera and didn’t replace players like Lukaku.

It’s dumb really.

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yet to discover his best position and involvement in the team maybe, but surely AnthonyM can't be considered mediocre? While it would have been good to retain AnderH, I considered it a "mutual parting". United's brilliant footballing people wasn't sure they wanted to keep him, while he turned his head the moment a lucrative enough offer came. In any case, he wasn't indispensable to the midfield, just that it took a while to find the right players to fill in.

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
unfair to stay he turned the min. a lucrative offer came. United took too long to offer contracts to the players. after that long wait, the first offer on the table was a pay cut. it was only when PSG were alerted den United gave a big increase.

at one point at the late stage of the season we have a long list of players that needed their contract sorted. didnt help that they sacked the manager, had a interim boss, which is why they hastily gave Ole the contract.

Last edited:

thenakedshades

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The policy of the brilliant footballing people behind the club of giving “lucrative” contracts to English “talents” but ignoring the likes of Ander Herrera/Mata/DDG(Also very last minute) and Valencia(?) not sure about him. Let’s not forget Gomes who is the legit young English talent.

Just look at Lingardinesta- how much wages is he on? 1xx/week? Jones? 1xx/week?

Fair to say if anyone of us is Ander Herrera, will we settle for less? Ignoring the rumours of Utd waited till last min to offer or initial offers are lower wages than expected, I believe many of us fans would rather Ander play in this current midfield than Andreas. Hell, I think even Rooney is a better CDM/CM than Andreas.

thenakedshades

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It’s obvious AnthonyM has real talent. That chip goal against Watford. But he sulks more than he performs. It’s sad that Ole let Lukaku go just for AnthonyM play no9. Huge mistake.

Yet to discover his best position and involvement in the team maybe, but surely AnthonyM can't be considered mediocre? While it would have been good to retain AnderH, I considered it a "mutual parting". United's brilliant footballing people wasn't sure they wanted to keep him, while he turned his head the moment a lucrative enough offer came. In any case, he wasn't indispensable to the midfield, just that it took a while to find the right players to fill in.

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Personally I don't consider it a huge mistake, after seeing RomeluL's contribution to the team in general. Fell into the category of players who needed to be moved on. Sometimes, players think they can play in certain positions better, like how DavidB preferred to play in centre-midfield thinking he can be the one dictating play. SAF gave him a few chances but in the end, his golden right foot is best utilised on the flank, and that's where his contribution to the team is highest. If AnthonyM can realise this after this season, then good for us, because he is a real threat from the left flank and will inevitably draw a central defender out of position just to guard him. If not, maybe he will eventually be moved on too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.