Cord blood storage, necessary?

singaporesinger

Reaction score
hi, mummies and daddies out there. do you think its necessary to store cord blood of your child? its gonna wipe out the whole CDA account when the baby is born.

dilemma here.. wanna hear your views.

Sent from far far away using GAGT

Reaction score
hi, mummies and daddies out there. do you think its necessary to store cord blood of your child? its gonna wipe out the whole CDA account when the baby is born.

dilemma here.. wanna hear your views.

Sent from far far away using GAGT

is a useless scam
just donate the cord blood off to help save another kid somewhere in the world:)

chehjin

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Donate to public bank. Free and u have even more access if u really require it. Don’t waste ur CDA on this thing

KPO_SAHM

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Its just like buying insurance for ur kid if one day they kanna blood related dieases. I have 3 kids but i never go for any.

KPO_SAHM

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Free?? Any info on that as i would like to donate it (if i don need to bear any cost) if i plan fpr no 4.

Donate to public bank. Free and u have even more access if u really require it. Don’t waste ur CDA on this thing

chehjin

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Free?? Any info on that as i would like to donate it (if i don need to bear any cost) if i plan fpr no 4.

https://www.scbb.com.sg/

Totally free. If you happen to chance upon their booth at baby fair maybe got small gift too.

chehjin

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Its just like buying insurance for ur kid if one day they kanna blood related dieases. I have 3 kids but i never go for any.

Sorry, this is not insurance as there is no guarantee the cord blood u store is suitable for use in the end.

KPO_SAHM

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Only blood related disease . Mum and kid sure can use. But dad and kid may not be suitable

Sorry, this is not insurance as there is no guarantee the cord blood u store is suitable for use in the end.

AhBaThen

Reaction score
If you are filthy rich....sure...go ahead.

https://parentsguidecordblood.org/en/faqs/what-are-odds-we-will-need-our-cord-blood

If you kiddo happens to tio some rare disease🤤🤤🤤,
it may come in pretty handy😎😎😎

Make your own decision, your choice😊😊😊

Last edited:

chocolate&cookies

Reaction score
Not intending to store baby's cord blood. We have signed up for donation to SCCB when i deliver in the next few weeks

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

chehjin

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Only blood related disease . Mum and kid sure can use. But dad and kid may not be suitable

Hmmmmm... I’m not sure where you are getting this info from. But it’s not exactly true. Also in the event you require this kind of treatment, usually the amount of cord blood you store is way not enough. Still have to source for extra.

Reaction score
We spend like $6k and more. But really think is useless

It really is useless
Bigger scam than any insurance!

If your kid would had any bone marrow disease hor it means his genetics was defective to begin with anyway. So cord blood also carry the same defective gene right? You transplant his cord blood back to him then won’t cure any disease.

You only insure on your 2nd kid in case he’s born with blood disorder then you use 1st kid cord blood to cure him hoping the matching is higher than anyone else in SG
BUT scientist would tell you bone marrow matching all over the world gives even higher compatibility. That’s why I say cord blood donate out best to help others

yukita

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Pls go and donate. Me and my wife did. To think about it, my son did his good deed when he just born by donating his cord blood. we got a cert from it and when he come to age to understand, i will let him know that when he born, he also helping others.

SGno14

Reaction score
We spend like $6k and more. But really think is useless

dont think it is useless. if (choy!) really need it, then you'll be glad that u had bought it. but i personally feel the money can be better used elsewhere. i didnt get it for my 2 kids.

sacrificium

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
dont think it is useless. if (choy!) really need it, then you'll be glad that u had bought it. but i personally feel the money can be better used elsewhere. i didnt get it for my 2 kids.

Just donate to SCBB.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.