Buying media in bulk
Which would u go for?

hTvFOmE.jpg

Lucien666

Master Member
Reaction score
Yup pond. 5tons water

First chamber already jap mat
Biohome plus $32/kg (based on 5kg price)
Matrix $20-22/kg
Ans bactopore $9/kg (4kg price)
Dymax biolite $6.60/kg (1.8kg price)

Anything else under $10/kg?

Red or black Lava Rocks
5kg $15

Bio ring 5kg $25
Big ceramic ring 1kg $15 (10kg $130)

Last edited:

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just found out something silly. Weekly i do try to clean up the guppy tank, suck out whatever waste among the plants. Today i notice the tank's walls are quite covered with algae thick. Bey tahan, so I start to scratch it off with a plastic spoon. Then I realise as i scratch (quite tough i realise), the guppies are crowding around me busy munching the algae i scrap off. Wah lau, can't they have helped me peck off from the wall instead... :s22::s13:
So I just scrap and they eat, didn't care to take out the algae. The guppies seem happy snacking on them.

Its nothing harmful for the fishes to eat them. Right???:s11:

MrTheROCK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just found out something silly. Weekly i do try to clean up the guppy tank, suck out whatever waste among the plants. Today i notice the tank's walls are quite covered with algae thick. Bey tahan, so I start to scratch it off with a plastic spoon. Then I realise as i scratch (quite tough i realise), the guppies are crowding around me busy munching the algae i scrap off. Wah lau, can't they have helped me peck off from the wall instead... :s22::s13:
So I just scrap and they eat, didn't care to take out the algae. The guppies seem happy snacking on them.

perfectly good vegan food for guppies :o

thebadone231

Reaction score
Yup it is good for their digestive system too, but if you leave the algae in your tank, it multiply faster, nothing harmful, just more unsightly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.