[Maylyn - Networking] ASUS RT-AC88U

tronian

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

My AC-88 gigabit LAN ports are capped at 300MB/s transfer rate. any solution to this? is it a hardware issue?

I loan from my friend a AC1200 to compare and it went to 800MB/s transfer rate.

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

My AC-88 gigabit LAN ports are capped at 300MB/s transfer rate. any solution to this? is it a hardware issue?

I loan from my friend a AC1200 to compare and it went to 800MB/s transfer rate.

Do you have the router admin access ? Sounds like bandwidth limited enabled to me...

Eric Ying

Master Member
Reaction score
After on for 24hrs for few week, my router need to restart to visit china website , even change of firmware still the same. Anyone experience the same problem :s11:

leonaheidern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Latest one needed to reset all the nodes and router after flashing

Can't access the webpage. Also seems to have a TLS problem if you enable Lan only router HTTPS access. Http and HTTPS Lan only access is ok.

Had to reconfigure all my firewall rules and Lan ip reservations. Plus the secondary 3g/4 g usb stick modem too

Posted from PCWX using G8342

barf_boy

Suspended
Reaction score
May i know if it is possible to ac88u as a wifi adapter?

Something like this:
PC-->AC88U-->airties mesh

Router would be connected via cable while mesh and router via wifi.
Are there any function that allows me to do this?

magix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
May i know if it is possible to ac88u as a wifi adapter?

Something like this:
PC-->AC88U-->airties mesh

Router would be connected via cable while mesh and router via wifi.
Are there any function that allows me to do this?

RT-AC88U can be configured in Media Bridge mode.The Media Bridge mode provides the fastest Wi-Fi connection for multiple media devices
simultaneously.

To set up the Media Bridge mode, you need two RT-AC88U: one configured as the Media station and the other as a router.Configure one RT-AC88U as a router and another RT-AC88U as an Media Bridge to provide a simultaneous Wi-Fi connection for your media devices such as computer, Smart TV, game console, DVR, or media player via Ethernet cable.Change to Media Bridge mode to provide a simultaneous Wi-Fi connection for your media devices.

In Media Bridge mode, only wireless devices connect to the P-AP. Client devices need to be connected to the Media Bridge with a network cable.

Sound like need 2 unit. U try and see if Media Bridge mode can connect to airties

barf_boy

Suspended
Reaction score
RT-AC88U can be configured in Media Bridge mode.The Media Bridge mode provides the fastest Wi-Fi connection for multiple media devices
simultaneously.

To set up the Media Bridge mode, you need two RT-AC88U: one configured as the Media station and the other as a router.Configure one RT-AC88U as a router and another RT-AC88U as an Media Bridge to provide a simultaneous Wi-Fi connection for your media devices such as computer, Smart TV, game console, DVR, or media player via Ethernet cable.Change to Media Bridge mode to provide a simultaneous Wi-Fi connection for your media devices.

In Media Bridge mode, only wireless devices connect to the P-AP. Client devices need to be connected to the Media Bridge with a network cable.

Sound like need 2 unit. U try and see if Media Bridge mode can connect to airties
oh ok will give it a shot. thanks

Able

Reaction score
I cannot get a stable connection link at 160 Mhz. On some occasion when I change a channel in the router, my notebook with Intel AX200 will connect at 1.7 Gbps or 1.1 Gbps (160 Mhz) but will drop down to 867 Mbps (80 Mhz) after a short while and stays there. Is there any settings or changes that is required to maintain the 160 Mhz link? Thank you.

magix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I cannot get a stable connection link at 160 Mhz. On some occasion when I change a channel in the router, my notebook with Intel AX200 will connect at 1.7 Gbps or 1.1 Gbps (160 Mhz) but will drop down to 867 Mbps (80 Mhz) after a short while and stays there. Is there any settings or changes that is required to maintain the 160 Mhz link? Thank you.

What the distance between laptop and router? BTW u using AX88U or AC88U as router?

magix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Distance is 1m away from the AC88U router.

Hmm....

https://www.asus.com/sg/Networking/RT-AC88U/specifications/

Wi-Fi Technology
Beamforming: standard-based and universal
1024-QAM high data rate
20/40/80 MHz bandwidth

On asus website AC88U only support up to 80mhz... Maybe i my brain not working correctly after heavy lunch.. didn't see 160mhz on AC88U

Not sure what you mean by 160mhz.

kashix

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

magix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not sure if the new firmware added 160mhz.

I took out my old unit from storeroom and check. My 5ghz bo 160mhz.

zDTgZ9v.jpg

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.