OLA EC @ Anchorvale

leeerwin

Reaction score
While others are presenting their facts on ola or other projects, u immediately shot them down by saying they are talking up the market. This is a forum and everyone is entitled to their views. U think u r the queen here? Didn’t u forgotten how u insult your long lost fren mergui?
This is where I belong and I will hold my stand as long as u r here to prevent u from distorting facts and sprouting toxic remarks on others.

I started browsing here only about 2 weeks ago and I gotta agree with you on this. She has her point of views for sure but the way that she presents it left a lot to be desired. Can only wish her all the best when she starts working life. Lol

Clazav

Reaction score
Don't always say that this is just a forum. A proper upright person should portrait the same personality as he will be in real life and all social media platforms. To repeatedly saying that this is just a forum only degrades your participation in this forum.

Your usage of 'BS' really associate your identity closely to some blogger.

Lol, you should well know this is just a forum. And what do you expect when speaking to cocky uncles who cannot accept the facts that I present. Nishizhu has once again unleashed his uncleness, picked up a quarrel and derailed the topic again..

Unlike those newbies that you grilled that mostly want to break into the industry because of the pay and BS during interview, I am actually interested in the role. Your bonus should have been good last year with the firms reporting good results. Congrats. Currently year 1, 1.5 more years to go before summer interviews. Will heed your advice nonetheless , thanks.

ryuxdragonx

Reaction score
Any potential buyers here? I think the thread got detracted from the original topic.

Anyway, I went to see OLA and the first agent who served me told me things like "you can easily expect at 3-400k profit at the end of 10 years". I just smile smile at her and nodded my head.

It's basically expecting the psf to go from 11xx to 13xx within 10 years. It's not impossible but it's being overly pushy.

Last edited:

SunnyCasa

Reaction score
What do you think about Parc Botannia? $1300psf already right? Although it is private condo. But after the OLA EC obtain MOP they make no difference 🤔

Any potential buyers here? I think the thread got detracted from the original topic.

Anyway, I went to see OLA and the first agent who served me told me things like "you can easily expect at 3-400k profit at the end of 10 years". I just smile smile at her and nodded my head.

It's basically expecting the psf to go from 11xx to 13xx within 10 years. It's not impossible but it's being overly pushy.

ryuxdragonx

Reaction score
What do you think about Parc Botannia? $1300psf already right? Although it is a private condo. But after the OLA EC obtain MOP they make no difference ��

Yes, it is already easily $1300 for PC as of today's market. If property prices stay the same, then OLA will raise to a high $12xx minimum. But you must also take into account all the surrounding ECs in the same area. You want to sell, but everyone also wants to sell. If the supply is high, then it will push the psf down again.

(Sorry when I do my calculations I like to be conservative and not overestimate to manage expectations. Truth is no one can predict the market, but we need to make sure we don't over-leverage or be overly hopeful)

Not a property expert by any means. I'm just looking to buy for own stay and commenting on the sales tactics through the agent I met.

I'm just interested in opinions on purchasing for own stay. I've been staying in District 19 my whole life and I'm quite familiar with Hougang/Seng Kang/Punggol, so I would like to continue staying here.

I also considered PG and will be taking a look.

Last edited:

SBC

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What do you think about Parc Botannia? $1300psf already right? Although it is private condo. But after the OLA EC obtain MOP they make no difference 🤔

Safer bet for condo if the rite is correct.

EC could be toppish for now.

YHLiang

Reaction score

I actually hate this kind of agent. Encounter before and i just walk off. Who can guarantee future.

ryuxdragonx

Reaction score
I actually hate this kind of agent. Encounter before and i just walk off. Who can guarantee the future.

Yup. Who can predict the future? Too bad I'm really interested in this place for my own stay (not for investment), and since it's the right location for me, just listen lor hahaha. I just won't set this kind of expectation. If it really does go up to 13xx, 14xx psf, then it will be the same level of appreciation for other properties.

The correct way to say this is that it would have a higher potential appreciation value compared to BTO and resale.

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
Let me repost this, for those interested in OLA, since it was lost in the myriad of irrelevant posts

https://cna.asia/2TDHz68

Wah I read already feel it is so overhyped. But many pepple might get bought in.

“OLA shows people that ECs can be just as good as, if not better than, private condominiums,” said Ong.
For me this feels like their justification why they are charging at almost PC prices.

Or, perhaps, the gift of 500 hours of free classes.
You must have time of almost an hour plus a day because it isnonly for the first year.

And if you dont attend, you are basically subsidising others who do.

And lastly, it does not even contribute a bit to the value of the property.

most of the cost of these extra services and facilities will be absorbed by the developers
I feel this is the most rubbish statement of all.

Any logical person knows that 羊毛出在羊身上.

It is as good as a restaurant saying they absorb gst and service charge.

Then again, I'm too poor to be even in the sandwich class, so what I think doesn't matter. 😅

ryuxdragonx

Reaction score
For me this feels like their justification why they are charging at almost PC prices.

You must have time of almost an hour plus a day because it is only for the first year.😅

LOL. It’s like my car’s servicing. “We cover your warranty for 5 years but you must do your engine servicing with us, but take note we charge a high premium over other workshops.”

iceraider

Reaction score
So much marketing effort by e developer.. i give them a thumbs up for it..

TBH.. they really need to market n showcase the goodies they have.. if not, is abit hard to sell given the price and the location..

But buyer must uds.. u can have alot of facilities but ur mcst fee going forward gonna increase as the property aged.. all this things need maintenance n this comes from ur own sinking funds.

birmingham123

Master Member
Reaction score
$1120psf lol. Better dyodd. Look see what are the prices at Sengkang like first.

Don’t be tricked by that chandelier, you think it is really worth $500k? Besides the wardrobe, everything else in the bedroom is ID. And the living room is going to be handed over to you empty too. Lol..

Developer is wasting so much money just to prop up the prices for its peers.

I certainly does not know is this worth 500k. Have u take a look at the stars at kovan condo ? If this looks as grand as that for the entrance, I will say it does looks great.

birmingham123

Master Member
Reaction score
Wah I read already feel it is so overhyped. But many pepple might get bought in.

You must have time of almost an hour plus a day because it isnonly for the first year.

And if you dont attend, you are basically subsidising others who do.

And lastly, it does not even contribute a bit to the value of the property.

I feel this is the most rubbish statement of all.

Any logical person knows that 羊毛出在羊身上.

It is as good as a restaurant saying they absorb gst and service charge.

Then again, I'm too poor to be even in the sandwich class, so what I think doesn't matter. 😅

Good mah. Just chill and relax your life. EC should be a better choice for others than buying landed etc. V stressful. At least for me, only using CPF to pay for the EC is enough.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.