Speaker stands Equipment rack

zephyr11

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

as you can see, slowly getting components. searched a bit here but there's no threads about speaker stands/ racks so wanted to check what you guys use. value-for-money brands and also where can check them out, besides adelphi.

my budget for;

speaker stands max about $250-$300 (this is already more that the cost of my speakers but i think can put in more as they are for the long run)

hifi rack 4 tier $300+- (eventually with turntable on top, 2nd tier dac and cd transport, 3 tier pre amp, 4th tier power amp, though for now, likely only an integrated, a with cd player/ transport and dac)

i know it's not a lot but i think they should be in line with what they're holding, (obviously not very high end stuff).

also have another questions,

should they be in wood or metal (both stand and rack)?

i need them to be about 50cm (speaker stands) cos my "future" listening position is quite low (head rest of chair is about 80cm from the ground). my speakers are all about 30cm tall, with some feet should be about right height.

i figured if too low, can prop it higher, but if too high, i cannot make it lower (most stands are fixed heights).

so far i've only seen stands from 60cm upwards (in stores). 50cm like never see before, only on TB, where they also have 40cm.

would love to see what you guys are using (if you use stands and racks).

thanks!

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The shelf to hold my amp / pc / ps4 etc cost me like $35

The total value it is holding is probably above $2k if that matters

jedi5diah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
good (looks included) speaker stands are really hard to find (under 1k)

3 impt things to take note:

- Weight at least 3-5kg each
- it must be dense wood/metal, not hollow, when you knock it does not "vibrate/echo" some stands can add inert/sand
- base feet suitable for your room flooring
(hdb flooring are uneven, you need to factor leveling if needed, most spike base are adjustable.)

i'm also looking at budget hifi rack, 300-500 is about there. i'm also thinking of ikea hack racks lol...

Last edited:

zephyr11

Master Member
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^^

saw a monitor audio stand at av one quite like the style, $850. :s22:

think i el cheapo, better stay on TB, though nice ones also not really cheap there.

another thing;

is there like a max weight limit for stands? i see some very thick and solid ones, look ok but i think will work great. but boh swee... :D

Last edited:

zephyr11

Master Member
Reaction score
hmmmmmm, seems like only av one stocks them? don't rem seeing too many options.

Amon86

Reaction score
Last time i used this custom design from UK love the triangle looks so brought it not cheap though $450.00 i think that time got 3 tubes for you to put in sand or rice whatever just need to fill half of it can already too much of it bass will gone so you can tune by pouring out and in and listen then decide is okay for you then screw in the top plate.........there are cheaper version one or two tubes for around $180.00-280.00, musicavlink i brought from them now absolute sound carry them as well

N4JLovdh.jpg

xt1xJ1ih.jpg

LLYs1PRh.jpg

zephyr11

Master Member
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Amon, the triangle does look quite unique. absolute sound right? will go there next time i'm there. go check out the atacama also.

qn; how tall do you all have them? 60cm seems to be the regular height. how tall is your seated position?

jedi5diah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
generally tweeter to ear level
sit comfortably and "measure" most sofa will put you at (40cm stand + speaker will be around 60cm level) when you lean back.

jedi5diah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my ikea hack project (3 tier) 60x40x64 cm
remove back piece
able to add 1 shelf
you can dump thick books for weight & decor lol...

besta-frame__0315916_PE513560_S5.JPG

Last edited:

petetherock

Reaction score
my ikea hack project (3 tier) 60x40x64 cm
remove back piece
able to add 1 shelf
you can dump thick books for weight & decor lol...

besta-frame__0315916_PE513560_S5.JPG

Nice looking indeed, but bear in mind, MDF isn't the best material for hifi...

benedium

Banned
Reaction score
sit comfortably and "measure" most sofa will put you at (40cm stand + speaker will be around 60cm level) when you lean back.

I think recliners sit higher when not reclining. Maybe also depend on your body height. When seated on recliner my ears are at 90cm height from floor. I also have tv console. So I use a table-top speaker stand on top of my tv console. Proper speaker stand on floor would be better but I don't have space to put it.

Last edited:

zephyr11

Master Member
Reaction score
I bought from taobao my stands and racks

care to share which ones you got and where? also how much was shipping and stuff like that.

i'm curious and looking on TB but shipping seems to be a challenge.

@pete
only solution i can think of is use EZbuy member, at least from china to sg is fixed, locally will depend on location/ weight of item.

i'm trying tb sea shipping ordered a lounge chair, will have to see how much is the cost, will share once i know.

zephyr11

Master Member
Reaction score

i also think stands should be about 40/50cm, but i see everywhere selling 60cm seems to be the default heights avail. :s22:

that's why i'm waiting for my chair to come then i measure liao, then decide what to do.

but i suspect, i need 50cm stands, my speakers are generall 30+ cm tall, and the chair i'm getting is fixed height (no tilt), headrest is 80cm above ground.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.