AMA : I am a Gogovan driver

vaxsin

Reaction score
Some being own a few thousands for being courier with the company. Really got people do full time for Qourier.
Jialat! How much were they paying anyways for each delivery? I am new to this space. Feel that many of you here are veterans in this space liao. What are at present the good ones to do and how much they pay for car or bike deliveries?

NukePuke

Reaction score
Qourier owe me arnd $700 for last year’s Jul and Aug jobs. I stopped halfway in Aug when I didn’t get July’s pay. Wanted to go thru the whole small claims route but can’t justify the time and end result. Bought their company’s ACRA profile and actually went to Elston’s house hoping to have a word with him. Not home 😑 Anyone who has successfully gone to small claims and gotten back all their pay can pls share.. is it that they pay one lump sum or bit by bit? Tbh I was thinking no hope alrdy. Then just before cny last mth, one of the bosses at my new workplace gave me a red packet abt the same amt Q owes me... I hope Q pays us all every cent that is owed. Be a man and do the right thing.

P.s. I’ll try to find and hopefully share that ‘premium article’ from my office newspaper subscription

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Courier start-up fails to deliver on its promises, owes thousands of dollars in unpaid salaries and unused credits
Qourier cleared out of their Geylang office and hastily locked up the premises one day last September.
Qourier cleared out of their Geylang office and hastily locked up the premises one day last September.ST PHOTO: KELVIN CHNG
PUBLISHEDMAR 11, 2020, 4:42 PM SGT
FACEBOOKTWITTER
Calvin Yang
SINGAPORE - Qourier, a local start-up which promised to make deliveries easy and fuss-free, has run into financial trouble, owing its couriers and customers thousands of dollars in unpaid salaries and unused credits.

Those left in the lurch are still seeking answers from the courier service that closed abruptly late last year, The Straits Times has learnt.

The firm cleared out of its Geylang office and hastily locked up the premises one day last September. The company's sign was finally removed from its office door and the furniture moved out only last month.

Its hotline is not in use any more and various attempts to reach the owners have been unsuccessful. The firm's social media pages have also been inactive for a few months.

Qourier, which claimed to have a pool of more than 9,000 couriers, was co-founded by Mr Elston Yee, Mr Wong Yongjie and Mr Satheesh Thekku Veethil in 2014.

Couriers interviewed said they have not been able to get in touch with the company. Some have lodged police reports.

–– ADVERTISEMENT ––

One freelance courier said she and her husband, who both worked for the company, were owed about two months' wages adding up to a few thousand dollars.

Initially, the company told them it was facing financial difficulties but promised they would get paid.

Soon, calls and e-mails to the start-up went unanswered, said the 32-year-old, who added: "We even went to their warehouse a few times but nobody was around."

Another courier, who has worked for the firm for more than two years, has tried contacting it weekly. However, Qourier's only feedback was that it was "working towards some potentially positive opportunities".

"I think they are trying to drag it (out) until everyone forgets about it," said the 45-year-old, who is owed about $1,000 in unpaid wages.

Customers, too, are disappointed as they cannot use the remaining credits in their accounts.

One firm, which has a few hundred dollars in unused credits, has been unable to book deliveries since late September - shortly after the delivery start-up celebrated its fifth anniversary - and its refund requests have been ignored.

The Consumers Association of Singapore (Case) has received two consumer complaints against Qourier since Oct 1 last year.

Mr Loy York Jiun, Case's executive director, said: "Consumers complained that they had paid for the courier's delivery service but the company had failed to deliver their packages. Consumers also (gave) feedback that they were unable to obtain refunds for the monies paid and that the company had run into financial difficulties and was uncontactable."

Qourier was started when one of its co-founders had an off-putting experience while sending a parcel, according to a 2016 article in ST. By then, it was servicing more than a hundred corporate clients.

One affected business, which started using Qourier in 2017, said it was frustrating not having any answers.

"If Qourier had been open and honest, informed their couriers and customers that they were having some problems, set and adhered to a timeline for refunds or payment, and had not gone completely quiet, I think most people would be more understanding," it added.

Related Story
More workers to get help with employment-related disputes
Case advised those who use courier services to research a company's track record, and avoid paying large sums upfront to avoid losses in the event of sudden business closure. Customers should also check if the courier offers insurance protection for delayed, missing and lost items.

"If the courier fails to honour the delivery or contract, consumers who paid by credit cards can file a charge-back request with their banks within 120 days of the date of transaction," the association said, adding that a charge-back allows credit card users to dispute a charge and reverse the transaction should a purchase go awry.

TOPICS: CONSUMERS ASSOCIATION OF SINGAPORESERVICES SECTOR

CrimsonTearz

Reaction score
Qourier owe me arnd $700 for last year’s Jul and Aug jobs. I stopped halfway in Aug when I didn’t get July’s pay. Wanted to go thru the whole small claims route but can’t justify the time and end result. Bought their company’s ACRA profile and actually went to Elston’s house hoping to have a word with him. Not home 😑 Anyone who has successfully gone to small claims and gotten back all their pay can pls share.. is it that they pay one lump sum or bit by bit? Tbh I was thinking no hope alrdy. Then just before cny last mth, one of the bosses at my new workplace gave me a red packet abt the same amt Q owes me... I hope Q pays us all every cent that is owed. Be a man and do the right thing.

P.s. I’ll try to find and hopefully share that ‘premium article’ from my office newspaper subscription

The start is when the issue started with none payment (e.g June). The end is till when payment not done (e.g September). If you need help filling up the form, you can call up SCT to guide you or I can help you with that. You haven’t started and you said no hope already. If everyone think like that, how you expect authorities to investigate or take action? For one or few cases, you think authorities would bother wasting their time?

I attended the court date last month. Elston did not turn up. The judge has issued order upon evidences provided. The claim includes $10 which you paid for e fee. FYI, you only have 1 year to file a claim or until ACRA officially set the business as closed.

Now come out news already, it goes to show quite a number has made a report that captured the authorities’ attention.

Last edited:

CrimsonTearz

Reaction score
Some being own a few thousands for being courier with the company. Really got people do full time for Qourier.

Those kana few thousands majority are Qourier’s clients. So when Elston said it is due to clients not paying them, it’s BULL SHHIT. And yes there are people who do full time, either because their jobless for the time being or because they have mouths to feed.

PS : Check out his LinkedIn profile.

Last edited:

gizmo_toh

Reaction score

You know Elston's house? If yes, should put his address here then all of them can go to his house together to demand for the money.

CrimsonTearz

Reaction score
You know Elston's house? If yes, should put his address here then all of them can go to his house together to demand for the money.

You can be charged for doxxing and harrassment. Do it through the legal way or lose thousands and get a jail term. If you wish to take the risk, go ahead. And through legal way means, submit claim to State Courts (SCT). Or if you’re still unsure, you can also seek advise from a lawyer at your CC for free - https://www.pa.gov.sg/our-network/community-clubs/legal-advice-service

Last edited:

suangern

Reaction score
Those kana few thousands majority are Qourier’s clients. So when Elston said it is due to clients not paying them, it’s BULL SHHIT. And yes there are people who do full time, either because their jobless for the time being or because they have mouths to feed.

PS : Check out his LinkedIn profile.

actually those full timers should do multiple platform, GGV, lala, speedpost, ninja, uparcel, redmart and etc.:s22:

suangern

Reaction score
Elston Yee linkedin profile

Consultant
Company NameWild Matters SG Freelance
Dates Employed2019 – Present
Employment Duration1 yr
LocationSingapore
+ Designed and developed the website via Squarespace
+ Facilitate growth, sales and marketing strategies
+ Increase revenue generation
+ Manage and advise on brand management
+ Leverage data and analytics to drive insights

https://www.wildmatterssg.com/

KNNCCB ! change job change coy still can update to the whole world!!

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
image.png

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
OiWXI2Ml.jpg

you know the classifieds app is free. class 772 i find better. see also 775

Sent from Samsung SM-G980F using GAGT

suangern

Reaction score
Similar to grab n gojek, they use tiered incentive to try and chain u to 1 company

Speedpost, ninja, redmart, DHL, UPS, fedex, OCS, transnational all these should be ok, big company quite stable, vehicle provided.

gogo, lala, uparcel, pickupp, yojee all these just do part time as supplement income.

:s12:

pilotsnoopy

Reaction score
Speedpost, ninja, redmart, DHL, UPS, fedex, OCS, transnational all these should be ok, big company quite stable, vehicle provided.

gogo, lala, uparcel, pickupp, yojee all these just do part time as supplement income.

:s12:

all these big company are salary based?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.