Xiaomi MIPAD 4

wizardundo

Reaction score
I flashed it to havoc OS on my MiPad4.. But the Havoc OS is out of support since Aug 2019.. So I've flashed back to EU rom instead.

This is what I did last time.. I think it's mainly because I didn't root it..

Edit 3:

It works now. I re-did all the steps this time and the only changes are:

- Saving and using the rom + gapps on an ext SD card instead of thumbdrive OTG

- Format the ext SD card to exFat (128GB)

- Did not root the mipad with SuperSU

angtc11

Reaction score
I flashed it to havoc OS on my MiPad4.. But the Havoc OS is out of support since Aug 2019.. So I've flashed back to EU rom instead.

This is what I did last time.. I think it's mainly because I didn't root it..

Thanks, didn't know that it's out of support. Guess I will choose another rom then.

hkchew03

Reaction score
Arter kernel with paranoid ROM, find it way better than MIUI EU and Havoc. Sadly no more support now, but so far no bugs.

Posted from PCWX using Redmi K20 Pro

Zantesuken

Reaction score
any one knows any shop that carries the mipad 4 plus LTE in singapore. preferably ready stock. tried carousell but no luck. pls drop me a pm thanks

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I went with Carbon for the newer android base version
Thanks for the suggestion though

Wanted to flash to PixelExperience but tmd need a older usb2 only system to flash in my twrp.

Any idea how to workaround this??

angtc11

Reaction score
Wanted to flash to PixelExperience but tmd need a older usb2 only system to flash in my twrp.

Any idea how to workaround this??

This was the first time I flashed android. I just downloaded from xda and followed a youtube video step by step.

What you mean by needing usb2 only system? I connected the mipad usbc to the USB port of my pc.

meistman

Reaction score
anyone has the mi pad 4 plus can advise on the battery durability (lifespan) so far?

i'm interested in getting one as my mi pad 3, after 1.5 yrs, battery quality deteriorated. hence my concern.

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any one knows any shop that carries the mipad 4 plus LTE in singapore. preferably ready stock. tried carousell but no luck. pls drop me a pm thanks
Try Qoo10. Look for seller that has shop in Sim Lim or Ubi and opt for self collection. Rmb to drop them a call for stock availability before you checkout.

Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This was the first time I flashed android. I just downloaded from xda and followed a youtube video step by step.

What you mean by needing usb2 only system? I connected the mipad usbc to the USB port of my pc.

When i enquire about the flashing method, all advices point to a usb2 only system instead of a system with usb2+3..

I use adb trying to flash in twrp, didnt work..error as per what they mention..

You mind sharing the video..

Last edited:

kottty

Master Member
Reaction score
When i enquire about the flashing method, all advices point to a usb2 only system instead of a system with usb2+3..

if i remember correctly is not about system..is u need usb 2 Port to flash.if yr computer only got usb 3 den plug usb hub ..or try different usb cable..

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 8 PRO using GAGT

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if i remember correctly is not about system..is u need usb 2 Port to flash.if yr computer only got usb 3 den plug usb hub ..or try different usb cable..

Tried on usb 2 port, error when sending recovery package on adb..

Will try to find a usb 2 hub from office then try again..

Last edited:

kottty

Master Member
Reaction score
Try oneplus cable, creative usb c, mipad original cable also no can do. :s13:
yr device alry unlock bootloader rite?and try other twrp version..sorry can't provide u which one i do cos i done it long time ago .i did encounter wat u encounter right now last time ..tried few twrp and diff usb cable and Port den it success flashed.

Last edited:

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yr device alry unlock bootloader rite?and try other twrp version..sorry can't provide u which one i do cos i done it long time ago .i did encounter wat u encounter right now last time ..tried few twrp and diff usb cable and Port den it success flashed.

Yup, unlock already..Will try with a usb hub first..

angtc11

Reaction score

Sure, hope it helps. You have to slow down the video though, ridiculously fast.
Used XDA for the other software. Eg: CarbonOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6W58-61Js6c

https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-pad-4/development/rom-carbonrom-cr-7-0-t3876261

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.