The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

jeepers

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi, just wondering how's the quality on Viktor & Rolf frames? Are they worth the money?

I've been alternating between 2 pairs of Eyevan and 1 pair of vintage Oliver Peoples the last 3-4 years. Any other brands to recommend?

Thanks all for your time!

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
I believe sticking with eyevans is a better option. Or you could look towards yellows plus too!

Hi, just wondering how's the quality on Viktor & Rolf frames? Are they worth the money?

I've been alternating between 2 pairs of Eyevan and 1 pair of vintage Oliver Peoples the last 3-4 years. Any other brands to recommend?

Thanks all for your time!

jeepers

Master Member
Reaction score
I believe sticking with eyevans is a better option. Or you could look towards yellows plus too!

I'll have a look at Yellows Plus! I'm thinking of removing the OP from my rotation.

Any thoughts on Viktor & Rolf? Saw a frame that I quite like, but zero experience with their frames.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
In terms of comfort, they lose out to EV and YP. But as Long as you can adapt to it then shouldn’t be an issue.

I'll have a look at Yellows Plus! I'm thinking of removing the OP from my rotation.

Any thoughts on Viktor & Rolf? Saw a frame that I quite like, but zero experience with their frames.

KingOfSbw

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all need some advises.
When theres lighting or during the day everything seems fine
But after i switch my bedroom light to dim/sleeping mode i find it quite blurry when seeing mobile devices, i am seeing muh clearer without it but far object still need glasses though
Is it due to my astigmatism?

Sent from Samsung SM-G985F using GAGT

Last edited:

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Possibly due to astig.
Also what is your age group roughly? 30-35, 35-40?

Hi all need some advises.
When theres lighting or during the day everything seems fine
But after i switch my bedroom light to dim/sleeping mode i find it quite blurry when seeing mobile devices, i am seeing muh clearer without it but far object still need glasses though
Is it due to my astigmatism?

ke3bbs

Reaction score
Yes they do, you can request it from your store of purchase!

Checked with Jamco that they do not have the authenticity card for Pentax. Hmm..is that normal that they only carry the cards for certain brands?
How do I verify the authenticity?

And is eyevans7285 a more expensive choice than olivers people and yellows plus?

Last edited:

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Will get back to you tomorrow!

Checked with Jamco that they do not have the authenticity card for Pentax. Hmm..is that normal that they only carry the cards for certain brands?
How do I verify the authenticity?

And is eyevans7285 a more expensive choice than olivers people and yellows plus?

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
When reading, it’s good to be reading under a brightly lit area, especially once we hit the 35+ group and our eye muscles weakened, it will cause reading at near to be slightly challenging.

Does it happens to you when viewing at distance?

If the answer to the above qns is yes, likely you are showing signs of early presbyopia and maybe an antifatigue lens or digital lens would be recommended for you.

Still, possible for it to be other issue, but based on this I am leaning towards the Presbyopic reasoning. Also likely to get your eyes checked soon too!

35 to 40 range
Anythin that a glasses might help?

jeepers

Master Member
Reaction score
In terms of comfort, they lose out to EV and YP. But as Long as you can adapt to it then shouldn’t be an issue.

But each frame's comfort also varies from person to person. Nevertheless, thank you very much for your time and knowledge! I will see if I can find the V&R at a better price!

ke3bbs

Reaction score
Anyone can share what are the prices of lenses of the different brands?

I know the most expensive ones are Zeiss and possibly Hoya. How about the mid-range ones and how different are those to the top range?

Thanks!

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
7WvULoEl.jpg

Sent from Samsung SM-G980F using GAGT

bitterhahas

Reaction score
Nope, been in the market for a Long time. Hoya has its Enroute lens which is another variation of drive safe.

Hello Gangsterkia, recently i bought ownday lens with pc lens option. Noticed there are alot of small marks embedded around the len. They do not seem to be scratches but something else. Care to share your opinion on it?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.