Wireless IP Camera thread

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I subscribed to static ip and assigned fixed ip address to the sineoji cam.

In tinycam pro app, I chose wanscam brand at the suggestion of earlier comments in the thread. It works perfectly!

Must subscribe to static ip?

Cannot use the free ddns service?

The port forwarding method is really old school.

Nowadays configuration is such a breeze with cloud.

mr168

Reaction score
Must subscribe to static ip?

Cannot use the free ddns service?

The port forwarding method is really old school.

Nowadays configuration is such a breeze with cloud.

I guess you can do with DDNS. Since my static ip is a one time charge. I just use it at my convenience.

arsene

Reaction score
Can the new Sineoji View Plus work on the older Sineoji cams?

I am thinking of getting one but hesitated at the thought of having the old and new app to access my existing and new cams.

Hot2002

Reaction score
Can the new Sineoji View Plus work on the older Sineoji cams?

I am thinking of getting one but hesitated at the thought of having the old and new app to access my existing and new cams.

I tried a few month ago, new apps doesn’t support no cam. Not sure if there’s any changes now

ilovetoeat

Reaction score
Hmm I am looking for a pannable IP cam, more focus is on encryption and security... don't want to encounter a situation where it is easily hacked or leaked outside like what happened to Xiaomi...

Preferably non-China company... Anyway, I was looking at Wyze but was wondering that since it has a US plug, how would the voltage work out?

Gorgar

Reaction score
Hmm I am looking for a pannable IP cam, more focus is on encryption and security... don't want to encounter a situation where it is easily hacked or leaked outside like what happened to Xiaomi...

Preferably non-China company... Anyway, I was looking at Wyze but was wondering that since it has a US plug, how would the voltage work out?

It'll work just fine, just use a 3 pin adapter. I've got few that uses that. The rest are all connected to my Samsung phone charger!

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

It is powered by USB cable.

So interfacing is not an issue.

I bought Wyze because I trust Amazon than other brands.

ilovetoeat

Reaction score
Thanks for the info! I am going to proceed with Wyze Pan Cam then, seeing as it seems to fit all my needs :)

Reechet

Reaction score
Sineoji PT-818V Skipped recording

Got 3x Sineoji Camera (818 and 816) for the Household. When I checked back the recording, I find that certain recordings are skipped. Sometime, the camera will reboot by itself and the viewing angle will be looking elsewhere. And sometime it shows weird recording date (eg. 1970-01-01)

Dean said that it could be my Asus AC88U router rebooting but I don't think that that's the case - because all the 3 cameras will reboot (or skipped recording) at DIFFERENT time (and not all at once at the same time).

I have -
1) Changed to new SANDISK SD card (128gb);
2) Tried connecting via LAN;
3) Reformat SD Card;
4) Bought new SD Card (Samsung Endurance Pro)
5) Factory Reset;
6) Updated Firmware;
7) Replace Router (Asus)

BUT the problem remains and occurs often.

It's damn frustrating and unreliable to use it as a security camera.

Anyone experience the same or could suggest fix to it ?

Last edited:

mmchaisi

Reaction score
Gave up on Sineoji, switched to Xiaomi. Amazing quality, responsive, better playback and cheap. The only thing I miss is the preset positions (which tends to get lost on Sineoji anyways). and I can’t seem to disable audio permanently, the mic in particular. Anyone knows how to do it.?

ltrinityl

Reaction score
Hi all,

Need some help regarding vstarcam. Tried logging in to the cam using EYE4 app with iphone and android using wifi but it always say connecting to device. If i use mobile data to connect, it will always connect. Anyone knows how to rectify this issue?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.