[Official] Playstation 4 PS4 club - Part 3

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
don't be surprise, mhw still have lots of ppl playing but is now expansion. so give free for base game to attract ppl to buy expansion
Basically like Destiny 2.

One year after release, Destiny 2 base game became PS+ free game to sell the 2 expansion DLCs available at that time, with the next big "Year 2" expansion coming a few weeks later.

One more year later, Destiny 2 became free-to-play for everyone. The free part includes base game and the first 2 expansions. This is to sell the "Year 2" expansion (and its season pass), and the big "Year 3" expansion released on the same day (and its subsequent seasons).

So maybe MonHun base game and Iceborne expansion will both become free-to-play for everyone next year.

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Did anybody else feel like the prelude to the PS5 was way too tech-themed?

While it’s not the official reveal, I thought Xbox was shown way nicer and simpler than PS5.

mliolukiye

Reaction score
Yes it is. I tuned in for the first 0.5h or so last night and then switched off to go back to SOTC. This is more for the Developers. We can just watch the links below for a summary of the specs in gist. Wait for the next one which should be more consumer-friendly.

Did anybody else feel like the prelude to the PS5 was way too tech-themed?

While it’s not the official reveal, I thought Xbox was shown way nicer and simpler than PS5.

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
Demos up on SG PSN:

Resident Evil 3: Raccoon City Demo
https://store.playstation.com/en-sg/product/HP0102-CUSA17939_00-BH3ROFFDEMO00001

Resident Evil Resistance Open Beta
https://store.playstation.com/en-sg/product/HP0102-CUSA17938_00-BHRESDEMO0000001
SG time: 3/27/2020 15:00 - 4/3/2020 15:00

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
Whats resistance? one more game?
Originally RE Resistance was announced as a new multiplayer RE game. Then later when they announced RE3 Remake, they said Resistance will be included i RE3 Remake. The old RE3 actually came with a multiplayer mode, the remake will not include that mode. Instead it's replaced by Resistance, which is asymmetrical multiplayer, 1 'Mastermind' vs 4 survivors.

https://www.residentevil.com/resistance/us/

[Objective]
Survivors will win if they manage to escape before time runs out. The Mastermind will win if they manage to prevent all survivors from escaping.

[Mastermind]
They secretly kidnap young people for the purpose of data gathering.
By forcing these youths into desperate situations, the Mastermind aims to gather valuable research data on how the subjects respond to fear. The Mastermind will not face the Survivors directly. Instead, they observe through the security cameras, setting traps to prevent their escape.

- Cameras
The Mastermind can observe the Survivors' actions through the security cameras placed all around the facility.

- Cards
The Mastermind can use cards to create all sorts of chaos including placing traps and vicious creatures on the map and weaponizing security cameras.

- Creatures
The Mastermind can take direct control of zombies and the Tyrant to attack Survivors.

[Survivors]
A group of youths with different backgrounds who were captured by Umbrella for use in its experiments.
They only have one objective: escape. Survivors will need to use their unique skills effectively to cover each other and defeat the creatures together. Cooperation and coordination are vital to success.

- Completing Stages
By completing objectives such as obtaining specific items, Survivors can advance to the next area. Survivors will successfully escape once they complete the third area in a level.

- Time Limits and Respawns
When a Survivor takes too much damage, they will start dying. They will not be able to move freely while in this state, but a nearby teammate can revive them. If they fail to get help in time, they will respawn, but lose a chunk of time.

- Skills
Survivors each have their own special skills. Damage reduction, healing, melee attack, hacking—use your skills effectively and escape together.

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Originally RE Resistance was announced as a new multiplayer RE game. Then later when they announced RE3 Remake, they said Resistance will be included i RE3 Remake. The old RE3 actually came with a multiplayer mode, the remake will not include that mode. Instead it's replaced by Resistance, which is asymmetrical multiplayer, 1 'Mastermind' vs 4 survivors.

https://www.residentevil.com/resistance/us/

[Objective]
Survivors will win if they manage to escape before time runs out. The Mastermind will win if they manage to prevent all survivors from escaping.

copy dead by daylight and friday the 13th.

wadsad

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
dont mind if got alot ppl play.

my dead by daylight cant access now as its in my US PSN, which already expired.

missed playing it. tho it will take up 90% of your game time. :s13:

sajokj

Reaction score
Vertical Cooling Stand Charging Station

Does anyone use Vertical Cooling Stand Charging Station?

Any idea how is this OIVO Vertical Cooling Stand Charging Station?

justln

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does anyone use Vertical Cooling Stand Charging Station?

Any idea how is this OIVO Vertical Cooling Stand Charging Station?

What are you using it for in the first place?

As a universal stand to store your games/controller? If so, it's ok.

As cooling? Any cooling stand is near useless and a waste of money.

zXioNGz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys, may I know for PS Plus best is to buy directly from PSN? I saw PSN selling $53.90 for 12 month but Qisahn $57.70 for 12 months. :s22::s22:

sajokj

Reaction score
What are you using it for in the first place?

As a universal stand to store your games/controller? If so, it's ok.

As cooling? Any cooling stand is near useless and a waste of money.

Thank you, online review also mention the same.

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
Nice, currently at $53, what's the normal pricing? Thanks
Assuming we are talking SG PS+ (you subscribe for SG PSN account), that's the normal price loh, SGD 53.90 for 1 year. You can either buy from PSN Store digitally directly (pay by credit/debit card or Paypal, note that your bank may charge extra like 1%), or go 7-11/Cheers and buy a physical card (they are hanging from little rack, along with the Apple, Google cards), it's the same price. (So I don't know why Qisahn is selling S$57, unless it's for US PS+, but then that's too cheap for US.)

When there is sale, usually on PSN Store digitally, it's same $53.90 but get 1 month, 2 months, 3 months free; or it's the same 12 months but at 20%, 25% discounted price. Recent sale was CNY - digitally it's 25% off ($39.90), if you buy physical card, it's always $53.90 (cos the price is printed on the card), you get additional 4 months when you redeem the card within the promotion period. Once in a long while, PSN Store has promo where you buy the subscription, you get certain game for free (yours to keep forever).

btw, if you buy another subscription while your current one still hasn't expired, it just extends the expiry date by the added duration. You don't lose anything, so you don't have to wait until current one expires before buying again, it can stack. So grab them when there is a good sale.

dagobah

Reaction score
btw, if you buy another subscription while your current one still hasn't expired, it just extends the expiry date by the added duration. You don't lose anything, so you don't have to wait until current one expires before buying again, it can stack. So grab them when there is a good sale.

ohh... I didn't know this. If I'm not wrong about this, I remember last year black friday sale was $35 for 12 mths. Cheapest I've seen.

Nice, currently at $53, what's the normal pricing? Thanks

ya, if not urgent, I also suggest wait for any sale.....

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.